• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

She's masking up and taking on the World

It was a last minute decision, helped along by my husband's encouragement, to join my sister on her quick weekend trip. We'll be at Magic Kingdom this Saturday, Jan 30th, for a very quick weekend trip. We might park hop to Epcot if possible. :)

She is very happy to have company, since she was leery of traveling alone to WDW. We will be staying at Coronado Springs, a new resort for us. :)

It was a last minute decision, helped along by my husband's encouragement, to join my sister on her quick weekend trip. We'll be at Magic Kingdom this Saturday, Jan 30th, for a very quick weekend trip. We might park hop to Epcot if possible. :)

She is very happy to have company, since she was leery of traveling alone to WDW. We will be staying at Coronado Springs, a new resort for us. :)
Congratulations on the quick trip. What a good sister you are to help her out like that!
Have a great time.
We have Epcot park passes for that Saturday, and dinner reservations for Teppan Edo at 6. It should be a full Epcot day for us, since we are really excited for Festival of the Arts.
We have not stayed at Coronado Springs, but did visit once to check it out. That was back before Gran Destino tower though. Enjoy checking it out and let us know what you think.

We have Epcot park passes for that Saturday, and dinner reservations for Teppan Edo at 6. It should be a full Epcot day for us, since we are really excited for Festival of the Arts.
I'm very excited to check out Festival of the Arts, too. We had planned to see the Festival when we were there a few weeks ago, but our flight home was changed to an earlier flight, so didn't have time to see it.

If we are anywhere near Tappan Edo near your reservation time I'll keep an eye out for your group. :)

I'm very excited to check out Festival of the Arts, too. We had planned to see the Festival when we were there a few weeks ago, but our flight home was changed to an earlier flight, so didn't have time to see it.

If we are anywhere near Tappan Edo near your reservation time I'll keep an eye out for your group. :)

We really enjoyed Festival of the Arts last year, more than we tought we woudl and probably more than Food and Wine. Seeing and meeting the artists is just really cool.

We'll keep an eye out for you. On Sunday we are headed to Animal Kingdom after our big Epcot Saturday.

Here we are, we leave tomorrow!

In just over 24 hours we will be arriving at WDW. We will post a few brief updates here during the trip, but mostly we'll save it for the Trip Report.

The kids are excited, we're excited, and we're almost done with work for 10 days, let's get this adventure started!

Have a great trip!!
Thanks, we will do our best!

Enjoy your trip! So jealous!!!
We will, and we are looking forward to sharing it as always.

Now for a live update, Marshall is ready to climb right into the TV to get into the Disney World commercial.
p4116252348-4.jpg

Just a bit of cleaning and an attempt at some sleep and we’ll be on our way.

We'll keep an eye out for you. On Sunday we are headed to Animal Kingdom after our big Epcot Saturday.
We got a magical upgrade from Coronado Springs to the Grand Floridian - at no extra cost. :) So we will either go to Animal Kingdom, MK, or hang around the resort on Sunday. We have an early afternoon flight out Sunday afternoon. It is a very short trip. :)

We got a magical upgrade from Coronado Springs to the Grand Floridian - at no extra cost. :) So we will either go to Animal Kingdom, MK, or hang around the resort on Sunday. We have an early afternoon flight out Sunday afternoon. It is a very short trip. :)
Awesome, now that’s an upgrade! Have a great time, and perhaps we’ll see you there!

We are waiting outside LAX as our plane is delayed in Denver. So far it is just 20 min, but we will see. At least we are here and ready for it.

Awesome, now that’s an upgrade! Have a great time, and perhaps we’ll see you there!

We are waiting outside LAX as our plane is delayed in Denver. So far it is just 20 min, but we will see. At least we are here and ready for it.

Not sure why, but thought you had a direct flight and a red eye one...

Would love a report on how things are at LAX! Am flying out of there in early March on Delta direct!

I hope you get off the ground soon. It is hard when delays keep growing. :)

Not sure why, but thought you had a direct flight and a red eye one...

Would love a report on how things are at LAX! Am flying out of there in early March on Delta direct!
We did the red eye last year, but this time have a mid day nonstop. The issue is the plane that we are flying on was delayed over an hour in Denver before coming to LAX, but it is on the air now and we should be good.

We are all through security and waiting at the gate.

So far so good with LAX. The parking was nice and open, and we could have gone right around the horseshoe with almost no traffic at 8:30 this morning. It is definitely different.
TSA was the easiest ever, with nobody ahead of us in the TSA pre line. Some food places are open for take out, and the usual gift shops are open but some stores and restaurants are closed.
Overall the crowd seems light, but our flight is almost full. You should not have that problem since you get to fly Delta.

We’ll let you know how it goes.

I hope you get off the ground soon. It is hard when delays keep growing. :)
Yeah, I was getting slightly frustrated, but Melissa was more calm and dates we will get there eventually.

We did contact our person who is doing the shopping and let her know we’d be delayed. She was great to work with and we are super happy we found her. Jon and Brandy are already in the air on their second leg of their flight, and should be in MCO about 3:00.

At least we’re going to Disney World!!!

Hope you have a great trip!
Thanks, we are super excited, and enjoying not being at work so far. We will post once we arrive.

We did the red eye last year, but this time have a mid day nonstop. The issue is the plane that we are flying on was delayed over an hour in Denver before coming to LAX, but it is on the air now and we should be good.

We are all through security and waiting at the gate.

So far so good with LAX. The parking was nice and open, and we could have gone right around the horseshoe with almost no traffic at 8:30 this morning. It is definitely different.
TSA was the easiest ever, with nobody ahead of us in the TSA pre line. Some food places are open for take out, and the usual gift shops are open but some stores and restaurants are closed.
Overall the crowd seems light, but our flight is almost full. You should not have that problem since you get to fly Delta.

We’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the LAX update! Seems like it should be ok. I will UBER there. And I know my flights will have the middle seats open. Airfare finally dropped again today to a good price $176 roundtrip nonstop LAX to MCO. I get a free bag with my Delta AMEX, so that saves me too. By the time I booked with United and paid for a bag, I am ahead with Delta and have the middle seat open. And as of now, my flights look super open anyway. And the food at LAX is kind of what I thought when I tried looking online (some open, but not all. And all as takeout).

I hope you have a smooth flight today and a great trip!

Thanks for the LAX update! Seems like it should be ok. I will UBER there. And I know my flights will have the middle seats open. Airfare finally dropped again today to a good price $176 roundtrip nonstop LAX to MCO. I get a free bag with my Delta AMEX, so that saves me too. By the time I booked with United and paid for a bag, I am ahead with Delta and have the middle seat open. And as of now, my flights look super open anyway. And the food at LAX is kind of what I thought when I tried looking online (some open, but not all. And all as takeout).

I hope you have a smooth flight today and a great trip!
That’s a great price on a Delta flight, and we would have done it. When we booked though it was about triple the cost for Delta, and we didn’t want to wait for it to come down.
It looks like there is a large group of people traveling together to Disney, and there are a lot of families on this flight. Some kids are doing their remote learning on laptops in the terminal.
I walked over to Terminal 8, and it is even more empty and the Carl’s Jr. is closed, as is the gift shop / news stand. It isn’t a bad walk over to 7 for stuff, but it shows how much less traffic there is.

Have a wonderful time!! Hope your flight is easy, despite the delay.
Hello, and greetings from somewhere over the middle of Oklahoma.
7C6E51CC-E5B0-431C-AA01-986FD9115D65.jpeg

Jon and Brandy have arrived and got an excellent room. All of our possible hopes for a location have been met, and I can’t wait to see this room in person.

Things are off to an excellent start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter