slo’s FRIDAY 3/10 poll - Vacation(s) 2023

Vacation(s) 2023

• My vacation is this month (March)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • My vacation is next month (April)

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • My vacation is in May

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • My vacation is in the summer (please post which month)

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • My vacation is in the fall (please post which month)

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • My vacation is in the winter (please post which month)

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I already took my 2023 vacation (please post which month)

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • I will not be taking a vacation this year

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t take vacations any year

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
We are retired, and I have limited mobility. We plan what we can, WHILE we can do it. We have been to WDW, Vero Beach and on a cruise this January.
March…wedding in CA ( Santa Barbara) coming up.
April… WDW Easter week
May… Transatlantic DCL
June/July….HHI, WDW, HHI
August…MAY join our DS and family in Dollywood/Smokies
Sept…. WDW with DS and DVC Member Cruise
October… RCCL cruise out of NJ with our Ohio Neighbors
November…Dollywood with friends
December…WDW

Someone on another thread said as retirees we don't technically take vacations, but we do travel! Just got back from Florida, Viking river cruise in April, St Lucia in May/June, family trip to Wisconsin in August, probably Orlando in November
We are retirees, too, so we just travel. :) We have a few WDW trips in 2023 plus a trip to Maine in June. There will probably a trip to Door County, WI sometime this summer, too. :)

In May I'm heading out to Moab with my daughter to do some exploring and off-roading at Ford's Off-Roadeo course. Then this summer I'll take some time off down at the beach. In the fall, I'm pretty certain I'll be out on Block Island for a long weekend "celebrating" my 60th! Maybe mix in a Disney trip somewhere along the way....

The only vacation we have planned right now is for late March and early April in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. We will probably try to go on a short weekend trip in June for our anniversary. And we usually try to go on a trip in the fall, but nothing offically planned at this time.

Nothing booked yet. :( This past year has seen crazy COL increases cut into our discretionary spending quite alarmingly. I get a decent-sized windfall every June, so we thought it would be prudent not to make the holiday plans until it’s in-hand, and then maybe catch a break on a last-minute deal of some kind for late summer or early fall.

We are retired, and I have limited mobility. We plan what we can, WHILE we can do it. We have been to WDW, Vero Beach and on a cruise this January.
March…wedding in CA ( Santa Barbara) coming up.
April… WDW Easter week
May… Transatlantic DCL
June/July….HHI, WDW, HHI
August…MAY join our DS and family in Dollywood/Smokies
Sept…. WDW with DS and DVC Member Cruise
October… RCCL cruise out of NJ with our Ohio Neighbors
November…Dollywood with friends
December…WDW
Seems like an awful lot for two people. Are you sure you don't need any help with that? 😉

I don't think I'll get a "vacation" this year. I will have multiple business trips with a day or two for myself. I use most of my PTO for my side hustles while my wife uses hers to accompany me on my business trips for almost free and to spend two weeks in the summer with our kids, her sister and our niece and nephew.

Leaving Sunday with my older son and another friend of mine on a short road trip to Louisville and Nashville - a couple nights each.

Nothing is booked yet, but tentative plans are for some sort of short trip in June or July and then my wife and I are planning one or two fall empty nester trips once we move our youngest into college. Definitely planning on Maui in November, but we're also thinking about something in September as well.

No vacation planned this year. I’ll go on a couple overnights, one to a concert in May and an other one to the most remote brewery in California. But no actual vacations/trips.

We are headed to Disney next month but that’s all we have planned so far this year. We will probably book some smaller vacations too. I get 6 weeks of PTO a year and I’m topped out at 240 hours so I need to use some up this year.

Annual October vacation. I love traveling in the fall to warmer weather destinations after closing the pool. Makes it feel like one last blast of summer before winter sets in. This year heading west to Disneyland for the first time since 1998 and then up to the Bay Area to visit my sister.

We are taking things as they come this year. We have no big vacation planned, but we are doing things as they come up.

Our priority is that Dh and I are taking care of a couple of medical things we've put off for years.

I finally mentioned stomach issues that I've had for several years at my October well check and got a referral to a GI doctor. Fast forward after tests and an appointment with a surgeon, I had my gallbladder out yesterday.

Dh has a knee issue that he'll see the ortho for on the 22nd. Surgery is probably in his future, too.

I did get a day trip to Pensacola last month 2 hours away for a baby shower. Hoping to take a day trip back soon to see a new great niece.

Two weeks ago we drove 15 hours each way to Norfolk for a med school visit with our son. Got to do a little sightseeing on the quick 5 day trip.

This past weekend we drove 6.5 hours each way for a surprise bday party for MIL.

Our daughter just notified us that she's going to receive a college award in April at her college 5 hours away. We'd like to go.

Dh has a business trip the first week of April.

We will move son to that medical school 15 hours away in July.

A cousin's daughter is getting married in October, a trip of 1800 miles each way.

While they're not official vacations, they'll be fun things away.

Dh is planning an Alaskan cruise and land trip for us in 2024.

I have no set month for vacation. It varies from year to year and it could be more than once or twice a year depending on what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter