So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there this past week. And we've been there during this week in years' past. This week was much more crowded than our previous Thanksgiving weeks. We pretty much neglected our Touring Plans and went with whatever didn't have a bad wait time. And we ended up having to wait WAY. TOO. LONG for Dinosaur, but since it's one of my son's favorites...

Last edited:
2019 I'm staying away. The hype for Star Wars, plus still Toy Story buzz will push it over the edge.
When Star Wars is on news reports and in the papers/ internet with likely claimed the most 'amazing ride ever' , many a family and also previously non Disney fan will be piling into Orlando.

There were CM’s out with the sticks showing guest where the end of the line was for Peoplemover and Laugh Floor. Never seen that before!
wow out of all our trips including MK 40th, Summer, Easter, July 4, and Memorial Day/Valentines/Race Weekend... I've never seen that.

We were there for opening week of Food & Wine... which is supposed to be fairly low crowds... last week of August/first week of September. I couldn't believe how much busier it was compared to previous years. Wonder why?

I just want to add that we were in MK on Wednesday 11/22. We must've just gotten in (before they quit letting in guests) because we entered the park about 9:45 pm. They were making the announcement about Main Street and the Hub being closed. We were still able to stand on Main Street, in front of the Emporium (closer to the entrance than the Hub). So, while it was crowded, that section of Main Street still had plenty of room for people to stand. Closer to the Hub was wall-to-wall people.

And we knew it would be a busy week. But I don't think we'll go back for Thanksgiving again. Or, if we do, we'll come down the Wednesday before and stay through to the following week. We managed to do everything we wanted to do, just not repeat them all over and over. We got several rides on Splash (three on Friday), several rides on Pirates, Jingle Cruise, and HM. But we didn't get to do Big Thunder multiple times.

We did AK on Wednesday and were ON the "banshee" for FOP when the ride broke. We were given two any-attraction, any-park FPs for each of us. We managed to ride FOP twice. On the second ride, our party was evacuated again from the room and put into another room. With this, we got yet another any-attraction, any-park FP. Some chose to do the Navi River Ride and others chose to hop to MK and use the FP for SDMT.

We got the most done early in the mornings and late at night. And then just kind of went with the flow the rest of the time. :)

Whoooooaaaahhh! I heard Universal was bad Monday and Tuesday, too, with wall to wall people. Harry Potter area almost unbearable.

Tues was definitely busy at Universal even at 9:30 but Mon was ok. The wall to wall people in Hogsmead was for the projection show. Other than that the Potter areas seemed normally busy in the morning and early afternoons.

wow out of all our trips including MK 40th, Summer, Easter, July 4, and Memorial Day/Valentines/Race Weekend... I've never seen that.

We saw the signs on sticks for the People Mover the first weekend of May. Which I guess is on its way to being the new Nov.

I agree, but the only other option is to wait in obnoxious lines most of the year. There is no low crowd time anymore. There are times that aren’t as bad as others, but that’s it. I don’t know what WDW can realistically do to reduce crowd size. I didn’t like all this when it was first rolled out. But, now I prefer it. I used to chase low crowd periods that I now know no longer exist. I was always disappointed b/c no matter how much research I did & when I went, it was crowded! Now, it gives me the freedom to go whenever is good for my schedule including summer & Christmas.

I've seen it for the Peoplemover before in the Summer. And it took me by surprise. You know that park is busy then!

2019 I'm staying away. The hype for Star Wars, plus still Toy Story buzz will push it over the edge.
When Star Wars is on news reports and in the papers/ internet with likely claimed the most 'amazing ride ever' , many a family and also previously non Disney fan will be piling into Orlando.

So ive never gone for an opening of anything, but i just HAVE to for Star Wars. MY friends and i joke we'll get on one ride the entire day...but i sort of think we're not too far from the truth. :crazy2:

So ive never gone for an opening of anything, but i just HAVE to for Star Wars. MY friends and i joke we'll get on one ride the entire day...but i sort of think we're not too far from the truth. :crazy2:

Already making a game plan for that trip. Hoping to be able to stay at a Boardwalk area resort, so we (my nephew and I ) can walk to the Disney Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter