So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just guessing that for some people "relentless persistence" does not describe a relaxing vacation.

It sure seems like its all about how you "manage" the crowds these days and what lengths you are able/willing to go through to get on rides. Not everyone wants to spend a significant amount of time interacting with an app on their phone during vacation. I'm sure that given the circumstances I would end up endlessly refreshing hoping that the FP comes up, but if I could pick that is absolutely not an ideal way to spend my vacation time with my family. I'd much rather be giving my attention to them and not the Disney app.
Amen!

Remember a few short years ago when we would make fun of people who were constantly staring at their phones and not "enjoying the moment". And now - staring at your phones is kind of what you have to do to be able to "enjoy the moment." I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but sometimes I think that just because we CAN use technology doesn't mean we should.

We spent the day (11am-6:15pm) at Hollywood Studios and were expecting the worst but it was a fantastic day!

No back-up getting into the parking lots, no lines at security or the gates, no long lines at food kiosks, super easy to walk around. The threat of rain (that never happened) may have helped the crowds stay down? It was a relaxed and lovely way to spend Thanksgiving :)

In my experience the actual day of Thanksgiving is not that crowded,the days around it,the weekend will see much bigger crowds.

Remember a few short years ago when we would make fun of people who were constantly staring at their phones and not "enjoying the moment". And now - staring at your phones is kind of what you have to do to be able to "enjoy the moment." I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but sometimes I think that just because we CAN use technology doesn't mean we should.

No you don't. I spent more time "enjoying the moment" then looking at my phone. How about people who constantly take pictures? Should they be told to enjoy the moment more?

In my experience the actual day of Thanksgiving is not that crowded,the days around it,the weekend will see much bigger crowds.
Agreed. That's the way it was last year. Plus, the Monday and Tuesday crowds BEFORE the holiday were heavier than Thanksgiving Day itself.

I would go almost any week in June before going during Thanksgiving week.

After reading this thread, I don't think I would ever go a holiday week. I've struggled with how crowded August has become in the past 10 years!

Shows 60 mins for IASW right now. That would be my queue to head straight to the resort pool!!!

:crowded::crowded::crowded::crowded::crowded:

Yes I agree! I would do a u turn back to my hotel!

It doesn’t help that rides are breaking down/stopping constantly. We were just about to walk on Nemo and it stopped. Now there’s a line.

I agree. I've noticed this a lot in our last 3 trips. Especially FEA, the past 2 summers I've had fastpasses for it and it's been down every time ,still haven't been able to ride it!

We went to MK yesterday from 1pm til 7pm and had a truly wonderful time, aside from being pushed and kicked. The cms we encountered were the best.

The crowds on the other hand were the largest I've ever encountered at Thanksgiving time, both MK yesterday and DHS on Saturday. Also the largest number of rude guests I've encountered. We were pushed, kicked, etc.

FP line for IASW ended at Mento Mori's at one point. The snack carts in Liberty Square had lines to Columbia Harbour House.

But the highlight of our day was the Castle lighting. We were at the Castle forecourt and everyone sat! We had perfect viewing!

View attachment 284510

Beautiful picture! That's awful to hear about the pushing \ shoving \ foot getting rammed into - not ok!!! Sigh :(. Certainly takes away from the magic

We were at EPCOT today. I didn’t think it was s crowded as years prior.
We were at epcot on thanksgiving as well...worst wait was maybe 80 minutes for test track.

We walked out of Japan and had front row "seats" for illuminations at 5 minutes prior.

I think the forecast had something to do with it as well. I remember last year being much worse.

At MK on Thanksgiving. We were there 9-1 then 630-1130p. Had FP for 7DMT, SM, BTMRR. Then got Spl Mtn and Buzz Lightyear.
Evening POTC, IASM, HM, Enchanted Tales, Dumbo, mad tea party, Little Mermaid. Then we stood standby for pics at Fairytale Hall. I thought we got a lot done w/ 4 people and we got FP after FP even with 10 crowds

I was there Sat. The 18th, and Sunday, the 19th. Came after our cruise. It was crazy. I did have Das. and had made my fastpasses. I got to do everything I wanted at MK. Also on Sunday, did everything at AK. Went to Epcot after AK, and only got on sorin. It was the worst crowds I had ever seen. I also had a ECV. If someone would of gotten hit with my ECV, it would not have been my fault! Kids fighting, pushing, stopping dead in their tracks. Someone said I had great reflexes! Loved Pandora, and the river ride was done beautifully, i just didn't understand it. I never saw the movie. I have a bad hip. Having it replaced on Tues. was not sure I could do the Flight of passage. I got on the bike, and it was not comfortable, but I did it. When they pushed the back up, I thought there is no way, but then I could put my feet on the floor and that helped. The ride was amazing.

It’s a little busy at Hollywood Studios. It’s 115 minutes wait for rocknroller coaster. We have a fast pass and have been in line for 20 minutes so far. Haven’t made it to the inside room yet

I was there Sat. The 18th, and Sunday, the 19th. Came after our cruise. It was crazy. I did have Das. and had made my fastpasses. I got to do everything I wanted at MK. Also on Sunday, did everything at AK. Went to Epcot after AK, and only got on sorin. It was the worst crowds I had ever seen. I also had a ECV. If someone would of gotten hit with my ECV, it would not have been my fault! Kids fighting, pushing, stopping dead in their tracks. Someone said I had great reflexes! Loved Pandora, and the river ride was done beautifully, i just didn't understand it. I never saw the movie. I have a bad hip. Having it replaced on Tues. was not sure I could do the Flight of passage. I got on the bike, and it was not comfortable, but I did it. When they pushed the back up, I thought there is no way, but then I could put my feet on the floor and that helped. The ride was amazing.

Good luck with your surgery, Connie!

I'm just guessing that for some people "relentless persistence" does not describe a relaxing vacation.

It sure seems like its all about how you "manage" the crowds these days and what lengths you are able/willing to go through to get on rides. Not everyone wants to spend a significant amount of time interacting with an app on their phone during vacation. I'm sure that given the circumstances I would end up endlessly refreshing hoping that the FP comes up, but if I could pick that is absolutely not an ideal way to spend my vacation time with my family. I'd much rather be giving my attention to them and not the Disney app.

Maybe it makes me strange, but I love finding those additional fastpasses while standing in line. I pull my phone out and refresh a few times, often getting something pretty good within the next half hour. Nothing quite as satisfying as getting a couple fastpasses for a ride that otherwise has an 60+ minute wait. It's a pretty low-intensity thing so very easy to chat and walk forward while pressing buttons.

Maybe it makes me strange, but I love finding those additional fastpasses while standing in line. I pull my phone out and refresh a few times, often getting something pretty good within the next half hour. Nothing quite as satisfying as getting a couple fastpasses for a ride that otherwise has an 60+ minute wait. It's a pretty low-intensity thing so very easy to chat and walk forward while pressing buttons.

I love it too. It's like a little challenge. It feels really good when you get a fastpass for something while you're waiting in another fastpass line and you can go straight to the next ride.

I do understand though that the experience may be different depending on the size of your party. It's just my wife and I so it's a lot easier for us to find fastpasses all throughout the day than if we were a larger family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter