So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it too. It's like a little challenge. It feels really good when you get a fastpass for something while you're waiting in another fastpass line and you can go straight to the next ride.

I do understand though that the experience may be different depending on the size of your party. It's just my wife and I so it's a lot easier for us to find fastpasses all throughout the day than if we were a larger family.

You know exactly how I feel! And yeah I travel with just my son so we're benefiting from a small group as well. It is interesting to see what's available even late in the day, often some really good stuff. I'm sure there's some parties that could break down into smaller groups and get some stuff done that they might normally have to wait in line to do.

I'm just guessing that for some people "relentless persistence" does not describe a relaxing vacation.

It sure seems like its all about how you "manage" the crowds these days and what lengths you are able/willing to go through to get on rides. Not everyone wants to spend a significant amount of time interacting with an app on their phone during vacation. I'm sure that given the circumstances I would end up endlessly refreshing hoping that the FP comes up, but if I could pick that is absolutely not an ideal way to spend my vacation time with my family. I'd much rather be giving my attention to them and not the Disney app.

I would normally agree with you. I'm not one to sit there and stare at my phone, ever. I don't text, use any social media, etc...I'm VERY old school. However, at WDW, I've learned to do the "relentless persistence". It really doesn't take away attention from the family. It's such a "mindless" thing to do that it really takes minimal attention. We were in Epcot today. It was busier than a normal day, which is to be expected since it's Thanksgiving week. While in the FP+ line for Soarin', which was our 3rd FP+, it took me <5 minutes to get a Living with the Land FP+ for only 20 minutes in advance. Then after tapping into Land, took me about 2 minutes to get Figment for after lunch. Once we were done with Epcot, we went to Disney Springs. While I was waiting for DW to use the restroom, I spent 3 minutes getting Pirates for tonight, as the kids want to go back to MK. So we're just chilling in the rental house right now, going to eat dinner soon and head back out. Bet I'll get 3 or 4 FP+ tonight with some persistence, but it'll take minimal attention.

Historically, it should be one of the slowest times of year. That's probably why you booked it then, right?

Actually because our AP’s expire on 12/6. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

It’s not like I haven’t been at times when it’s been crazy. :rotfl::rotfl:

We’ll have fun no matter what!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We arrive on Tuesday 11/28. Should I be worried? Lol

It's going to be busy. We arrive the same day; been going that week for years now and it's getting busier and busier. But I've never seen so little resort availability for that week as I have this year. It will still be great! But it will be crowded.

Was at MK yesterday 11/24 from about 4-730. Did carousel of progress, space mountain FP, splash mountain FP, mobile ordered a dole whip, watched frozen holiday wish, 7 dwarves FP, added little mermaid FP, and Winnie the Pooh FP as 4th and 5th. Longest wait for anything was MAYBE 5 minutes for the space mountain FP. I overheard a woman saying it wasn’t fair that you could only “have 3 fast passes in one day.” People just don’t know about modifying/adding more FP same day. Im a believer now if you use the tools that you have learned on this website, you’ll be just fine..even during a “wall to wall day.”

Also wondering how this works?
You could leave if you needed to but it would be a chore. Both nights we were there it was wall to wall people.

Once the announcement was made people were not being let into the park. When we left to walk to the CR after HEA people were allowed to enter again.

Whether crowds are manageable is highly subjective. Despite what others are saying about it being managable it is a very crowded week, just look at the wait times on TP. We saw many people that are not used to being in crowds and were freaking out a bit. Also there are many first timers and large groups which adds to the overall confusion. Watching HEA was like New Years Eve in Times Sq only you didn't have to wait hours.

I've been going Thanksgiving week for years. We always get to do everything we want and have a great time, but you have to be prepared. I just don't want people reading some posts and thinking "ah, it's not so bad". It's really crowded.

We were in Orlando Nov. 10-14. I can understand OPs original post and comments because professionals like TP that take things like party, non party days, Jersey week, holidays into account and for our day at least underestimated crowd levels. That means we like OP were expecting lower crowds than what we got (a pretty reasonable expectation given that professionals got it wrong too). And we like OP said "What?" This is November right?"

We just did one Disney day -- Monday Nov. 13th the Magic Kingdom on a non party day. The prediction for this non-party day was a 6 (A higher prediction than non-party days, but we didn't want to spend money on a party ticket and wanted to see fireworks and do rope drop all in the same day). Actual crowd was a 8. That's actually a significant difference. Our one mistake was waiting in the long 7DMT ride (Here too we were teased with a Disney wait estimate and a TP Line App estimate that were shorter than our actual experience). It happens sometimes. After that we changed fast passes around (got rid of the Pooh and Peter Pan FP in favor of Haunted Mansion and Pirates -- originally expected to be short lines). We also skipped Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, and Small World (yes a long line for Small World??) because of lines and had a really nice day. We only did things with 25 minute or less line. Rope drop got us walk on for Space Mountain, Buzz, and Teacups. We saw the parade, two evening Firework Shows (Once Upon a Time at 9 p.m. and Happily Ever After at 9:45). We did some wandering around too, just kind of soaking up the atmosphere of the place.

Ours was not the only non-party day with TP estimates low. I saw that on Saturday Nov, 11th the prediction was an 8 and actual a 10 and on Wednesday the 15th (we were already home -- the prediction was a 5 and actual was a 7).

Thanksgiving week Monday - Wednesday had crowd levels of 9s and 10s at all of the parks. Quite a few 9 predictions ended up being 10s, and my personal experience is that there is a big difference between and 9 and 10 (10 being significantly more crowded.)

This is not meant to be a touring plan crowd estimate bashing post either, as they nailed predictions on a lot of the days, but not our one day at our one park.

We checked out this morning. Checked in Saturday before Thanksgiving and went to two parks from RD to close or nighttime shows each day. This was our first trip that was not May/June. We were traveling with grandparents (slower touring) and expected heavier crowds. Having said all f that the week was great! Very very crowded walking around but we only waited longer than 30 minutes 3 times the entire week. We encountered one rude photopass cast member, but everyone else was fine or normal. We've got no complaints for the whole trip. We rode nearly everything. Amazing bus service. 99% friendly faces. Oh yeah and caught a Suzy & Perla M&G which we were very excited about!

The busiest day in the parks for us was Sunday. We visited AK for 7am RD and went to MK before a 2pm Crystal palace reservation. That day seemed insane, possibly being our first day! Lines for WAS/snacks/etc we're 50+ deep. Flame Tree went past the Russell M&G. We were so glad we carried snacks and didn't have to wait everytime we needed a little something!

This was MK Monday afternoon. Nuts. We still had a great time, but our rides were at rope drop, 10pm or later or with FP's.

Attachments

• IMG_3687.JPG
    IMG_3687.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 150
whens fof early? i never seen heard about that before but today online for 5mins It said fof was at 11 not 2pm. I got excited but now it says 2p, again oi.

This was MK Monday afternoon. Nuts. We still had a great time, but our rides were at rope drop, 10pm or later or with FP's.

Whoooooaaaahhh! I heard Universal was bad Monday and Tuesday, too, with wall to wall people. Harry Potter area almost unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter