Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning everyone:D...I kicked myself in the butt today to come back to life:thumbsup2. I know when I last left there were a lot of vacations coming up. I am going to try and go back and see who is where.

I hope everyone is doing well and life is being good.:goodvibes I have good days and not so good days but I keep trying to go go go!!!

Liv has been sick still and with the end of the year coming up needs a lot more of my time and help. She did get her dress tailored and is very happy with it. It looks great and the best part is she loves her dress. Charlie's tux is going to match very nicely. We are just hoping for nice weather to take pics at our local park. It is really pretty and is a nice back drop. Her prom is May 18th in the evening. All her appointments are set for the day. The pic is a little blurry, I was not there to take one. I will have better pics the day of the prom.
View attachment 398683

Liv ranked 5th in her class :banana:, so we get to go to a banquet the end of May to honor the top 10 in the school. They do also give them a little scholarship which is nice. It was a hard decision for us to pull back on the amount of college classes she took. We thought with her health it would be best. She really wanted to and had a good chance to be Valedictorian but the other 4 had more college classes and they actually bring your GPA much higher. I told her we couldn't be happier and to be proud of herself.

The weather has been up and down here. We have some nice warm days, then some cold rainy days. I just can't wait for a nice warm even temp. I did change over my seasonal clothes. I purged a lot this year which felt good. I still need to do more. We also started cleaning out closets and the basement. We are going to try and have a tag sale with larger items next weekend. I figure whatever I can get is a plus.

I look forward to hearing about everyone, especially vacations.

I am going to try and converse more as I do miss talking with everyone all the time. It's funny I refer to advice and situations from everyone here quite often. I stepped back a minute after that and realized I was very lucky to find this group. :thumbsup2

Have a great day:goodvibes

I hope

She looks beautiful bobbie.......that colour is stunning....she looks a little like Ariel Winter in that picture....and congrats to her.....she did so well!! Look forward to seeing her prom pictures.......

We may get snow this weekend!!

My mum has snowy weather up in Scotland right now......hope it doesn’t head down South....

Made mac n cheese earlier......just need to bake it to finish it off later when I’m searing the steaks.....well, Tom will do the steaks.......won’t be outside as it’s freezing out there......

A Mac quick post
Monyk
The pictures are precious of your daughters as kitties
So sweet
You are lucky to be young and multi task a lot of different things quickly and get all organized and set up
My hat off to you for that talent and energy!

Schumi
I think a clear coat on nails is always a striking look
It looks naturally wth a perfect shine
Think you will like it

Getting closer to your next fabulous vacation
Wow!
I know uo is one of your homes
and you are a important part to your friends you have made there

Waxing not my thing but may try it someday since you said it doesn’t hurt

Real,I’m praying for the best and a success for your Mum
You will be blessed for the loving care you are doing for Mum and your family
Proud to call you friend

Lynne always enjoy your pics
Beautiful daughter as fun at the zoo
Lovely to read how close you and daughter are
You will always be there to guide her and to shop for 4-5-6 how many dresses she needs

You have patience!

Charade a big “ I am so happy” you scored on getting those SWGE tickets

This will make your day!

Keisha
Enjoy everything in Hawaii on this vacation
Sounds like it will be a trip you always will be close to your heart

I got up at 5:30 and not a natural earlier riser
But need to do so as we do hotel breakfast at 6 and load on the touring bus at 7

Back from tour about 7 tonight then banquets dinner at 8 to 10

Yes steak and seafood with booze to
tonight

Not sure if I will check in much during the day as our lectures and walking tour are no where near any WiFi

Sorry if I missed any homie shout outs

Using an iPhone is tedious for me trying to write more than basics

Have a fantastic Friday!

Your weekend starts at 5

Hugs to all

Waxing isn’t painful at all mac.......well, it might be if you haven’t done it before.....all my friends get it done and have done for years.......

Yes, so looking forward to getting back to Orlando next week......certainly be warmer than here! And yes, I do quite like my nails.......::yes::

Hope you’re having a lovely time and steak and seafood sounds fabulous tonight.....enjoy the rest of your trip.....:)

RFF.......missed your post.......continued good wishes and hope your mum continues to improve daily.........

We’re in! I got SWGE reservations on June 9 from 8 pm to 12 am June 10.

Great news!!:thumbsup2

lunch at Hot N Juicy

Glad you had a nice lunch- enjoy the rest of your vacay!:)

Nice pic!:)

Charlie is the one sitting higher up and Tatiana is the one lower with the gold around neck. DD wanted a snuggle with them, but they are starting to get too big! Hadn't had a baby update in a while. Charlie is looking directly at camera and you can kind of see her cheek fluff-this breed has large fluffy cheeks when full grown.

Aww!!!!:)

Think tonight’s dinner will be steak with mac n cheese as a side

Love mac & cheese!!:thumbsup2

I am still sleeping at the Intensive Care with mum.

:hug: Sending more hugs and prayers!

tonight

:cheer2: Live it up!!

She did get her dress tailored and is very happy with it. It looks great and the best part is she loves her dress.

Beautiful-Liv and her dress!:goodvibes

Liv ranked 5th in her class

:cool1: Good job Liv!!

Rainy and cool today but TGIF!!! Working a half day today and then just relaxing!!! Busy weekend of chores!

And we have Troy's senior thesis exhibition tomorrow. His thesis is an Orlando travel magazine!!!:thumbsup2 It is wonderful!! and appropriate!:goodvibes

Have a great day all!!

Very pretty dress on Liv, and congratulations for her top placing in school. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Gray day here, and almost cool. Long sleeve blouse today.

Yum, mac and cheese. And with steaks. Yes, please. Schumi always has lush meals.

Up so early, thinking lunch already. Snacking on pretzel bits, figure finish off the bag.

Tea for me. Later homies. Have fun!

Bobbie - I like the dress even more now that I see it on Liv. I love the color. My bridesmaids wore a similar color. Congrats to Liv on her academic placement. I think you are wise in cutting back the classes. I work in a counseling office and have seen far too many teens stressed out over school.

Patty - Good luck to Troy.

Waiting for dh to get home then we are going to get lunch somewhere.

Lynne- hope you had a nice lunch & walk!:)

Charade- enjoy lunch with DH!:)

Keisha-Beautiful pics!! :thumbsup2 I like your outfits!! :)

Lunch was leftover pasta! Dinner later will be baked chicken and roasted broccoli and brussel sprouts.

Have a great afternoon all!!:)

Now here's Patty, with lush meals too! Good luck to Troy with his thesis.

Walk was nice, not too hot or cold, but gray, and you can tell, rain is coming.

Wonderful pictures, Keisha. Weather looks awesome, and yay! a duck meet and greet.

View attachment 398749 View from balcony Waikiki

Having issues posting most pics will do a pictorial TR when I get back.

Character buffet Dinner here last night best so far

View attachment 398751

Love the pictures!!!! You both look so happy and relaxed and I love both your outfits.......love the dress!!

The view is beautiful........I think I need to think about Hawaii........although we’d need to take Kyle for all those observatories......lol......no romantic trip for two for us then!

Look forward to more pictures........::yes::

Hi thanks Schumi,Lynne, Charade and Patty for the compliments and the congrats for Liv.:goodvibes

Keishashadow love the pics. It looks so pretty. Hawaii is on my bucket list.
:thumbsup2

Started raining here and cool. At least it could be warm if it was going to rain. :sad2:

Looking at places to visit for living when we are on vacation next month. I put some places down and then going back looking at them changed my mind. I have been adding and subtracting.:D

Patty Good luck with Troy's thesis this weekend. Always nice to have some relax time:cat: I love brussel sprouts sauteed with a little oil, garlic and spices.:goodvibes

Schumigirl I hope the snow stays away for you:beach:...I have been waxing on and off for years, but I recently went to a hair removal system at home and it worked good. I still do my lip and brows. Yay it's almost that time again:D

Lynne Glad you enjoyed your walk. I can't wait to start doing more of it. I am hoping it will motivate me to shed some pounds too::yes::

Charade that's funny you mentioned the brides maid color. Mine many years ago was almost that color. It was just a little more green. It works for her. I agree about the classes and thank you:goodvibes

I am off to go get dinner, what I don't know.

:wave2:

Afternoon Sans family :wave:

Quick drive by. Rain has held off so far today. Enjoyed some time by the pool.

Schumi you will be back in the Florida :sunny:before you know it.

Wow...Lynne your daughter is brave to zip line.

Realfoodfans sending good thoughts and prayers your way :hug:

Bobbie68..congratulations to Liv on her academic achievement. She looks fantastic in her dress.

Pattyw good luck to Troy on his thesis. He can’t go wrong with Florida as the topic.

Keisha great view from your hotel in Waikiki
Great pic of you and your mister.

6D6AD153-E799-45A2-AF1F-FD5B2D892BE5.gif

Hang loose and enjoy your trip to the aloha
State

2CB28EBA-9FAB-45BE-8FF9-3913DEC359E4.gif

Charade great news you snagged a ressie for Galaxies Edge

Monykalyn love the cuddle chicken pictures.

We are down in our cabin in the Smokies again. Enjoying a few moments while I actually have internet. The annual Brew Swap starts in an hour. Molly won a child's go kart at Bingo last night and has been coasting down the hills. Gets up to about 30 mph. Fairly terrifying.

41wamDkI6-L._SX425_.jpg

bobbie.......never tried waxing the face........it sounds agonising!!! But many do and survive I guess......eyebrows I either pluck or get threading done if if I feel like it..........

Robo......yep, trip is just round the corner.........glad the rain stayed off for you........enjoy rest of your time there....

Squirlz........nice prize!!! Looks like a lot of fun..........enjoy your time there......

Almost bed time here.......enjoyed a “dark and stormy” earlier........just the one........:)

Bacon for breakfast tomorrow.........:D

Good Evening Everyone!

I have been battling sinus headaches all week- finally feeling close to normal again. I have a love/hate relationship with spring-

I used to wax, then a couple of years ago I did laser hair removal- now no more waxing appointments and no more hair!

Mac- Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Bobbie- Liv is gorgeous! Love the dress

Waving hi to Robo!

Keisha- that is a spectacular view!

Patty- that was a very healthy dinner (except of the brussel sprouts, yuk)

Rff- sending healing thoughts for your Mom

Schumi - single digits until departure day!

Waving hi to Monk, Charade, Tink, and anyone else I missed. :thumbsup2

No only TGIF but thank heavens TGIF night!! Ugh longest week ever. Ended up rainy day, had to take different way home due to accident on highway. Thankfully roads elevated enough on back way that they weren't flooded. Ground dangerously saturated. Leftovers and wine for dinner.
Oldest called this am-apparently she went to her department banquet last night (friend got scholarship, she got recognized with her competition team) and free drinks, then they went out. Massive hangover this morning. Tried not to laugh (um may have been there a few times in my 20's). Middle out with friends-didn't tell me until just before pick up that the "friend" picking her up was male. OMG she is responsible for 55% of grey (oldest now down to 5% and boy 45%).
It’s hard to imagine chickens like this....it really is......the farmer next to us has loads, but they’re not like that......I guess farmers see them differently and they have so many, guess they couldn’t cuddle them all!! Yours are so cute though........
We specifically raise and handle them to be friendly, and choose breeds that are friendly. Our yellow one is a breed known for loving humans.

thanks MonyK.........:thumbsup2
Anytime! a good Mac n cheese is always an option.

When you say steam the eggs is that different to us boiling them?
Glad your mum is doing better!! All the pixie dust, mummy dust, positive thoughts and prayers to you and family!
Yeah-cuz they eggs are so fresh steaming them to hard cooked stage makes them easier to peel. Boiling fresh eggs doesn't allow for easy peeling. 12 minutes steam is a perfect hard cooked egg-middle is solid but not hard. And the spiced salt OMG.

If she can maintain breathing etc today I will go and sleep at home tonight.
Hope that sleep is a good one for you and allows restful recuperation for you.

What I was most concerned with, is getting on the first tenders
One of the reasons I got it for June-we have private early tour in Grand Cayman-allows the "skip the line" stuff. I know my family and they are very very spoiled by my planning (Disney and EP at Universal). Can also show up when boarding begins regardless of check in time and get boarded-and go straight to cabin. Beat the crowd at Guys Burgers for lunch and at Blue Iguana Tequila bar for cocktails :rolleyes1

tonight
Enjoy!!!
start addressing graduation announcements. Just 3 weeks away
Wow!! I know how fast senior year flies by!! Congrats to B!!

Her prom is May 18th in the evening
LOVE that dress and color is Gorgeous on her!!!!

Liv ranked 5th in her class :banana:,
:flower1: Amazing!! That is really incredible and good for her!! And to incredible parents supporting her!

His thesis is an Orlando travel magazine!!!:thumbsup2
How perfect is that?? What a great kid, and still grateful for his generous ride "home" to Pop after our evening at Strongwater with you guys!!

I work in a counseling office and have seen far too many teens stressed out over school.
and over-achieving, middle child, self imposed stressed out kids?:sad2: I swear I am the only parent who is urging my kid to cut back and slow down. But-as Chief mentor she got to go first to schedule for senior year as her teacher who monitors the Chief mentors liked this group and how hard they worked. Usually it is by attendance (she was at 95% attendance as we may have taken off for HHn:rolleyes1 and would have been in 2nd group). Chief mentors this year got to go first-before the first group even. And she will have her pick of parking spots at school lot next year-highly highly coveted perk. Think she was more giddy over that than anything lol

from balcony Waikiki
Gorgeous picture-post card perfect. Also love the character photo!!

The annual Brew Swap starts in an hour. Molly won a child's go kart at Bingo last night and has been coasting down the hills. Gets up to about 30 mph. Fairly terrifying.
Can I vacation with you?? How fun!!

Robo glad you got some pool time in!!

Molly won a child's go kart at Bingo last night and has been coasting down the hills. Gets up to about 30 mph. Fairly terrifying.

Sounds fun!!! :thumbsup2-and yep- terrifying!

I have been battling sinus headaches all week- finally feeling close to normal again. I have a love/hate relationship with spring-

Hope your allergies clear up soon!! :)I've been taking an allergy pill daily for a couple of months!

Middle out with friends-didn't tell me until just before pick up that the "friend" picking her up was male. OMG she is responsible for 55% of grey (oldest now down to 5% and boy 45%).

:laughing: I hear you!! That's why we have to spend $$ on hair color and booze!!

How perfect is that?? What a great kid, and still grateful for his generous ride "home" to Pop after our evening at Strongwater with you guys!!

Thanks! He is a good kid- and a great designated driver!:thumbsup2

But-as Chief mentor she got to go first to schedule for senior year as her teacher who monitors the Chief mentors liked this group and how hard they worked.

Congratulations to DD!! :cheer2: With that kind of work ethic she is sure to succeed in any endeavor!!

Watched hockey- Carolina Hurricanes won!! :cool1: Now watching Dallas/STL- pulling for the Blues Monyk!!

Have a great evening all!!
Free-Download-Good-Night-Images.gif

ck.......sinus troubles aren’t fun!! Hope it gets better soon........is it certain types of pollen affect you? I never used to be bothered but every year now tree pollen when it’s at its peak bothers me and we have a thing in fields around us called rapeseed that is bad!! Beautiful to look at but oh my.......evening time......itchy eyes and feels like you have a bunged up nose........wish you could get your legs zapped!!! Well, I think you can, but imagine how long that would take........lol......

MonyK........yes, I think we’ve all been there in our twenties.......::yes:: hope she’s better now.......it’s an awful feeling and one I never want to feel again!!

Yes, we were the parents telling Kyle to not put so much effort in and chill a little......but that way suited him......all or nothing.......and it paid off......he got an excellent top class Masters degree and the world was his oyster.......it is a fine line though.......he knew we weren’t the type of parents to push....long as he was happy we were happy.....

Patty.....glad you enjoyed your evening..........

I’ve been awake since around 4am.........the weather is dreadful.......high winds and hailstones battering against the window.......it’s like mid winter again......so thought I’d come down, sit in the kitchen....the Aga keeps the whole place so cosy during the night......and make a cup of tea.

Although I didn’t put the big light on and as I sat down one of the security lights outside came on.......looked out and there was a fox wandering around.......we get a lot of them around here......it moved as soon as it saw movement from the windows.......

Hope to get back to sleep or I’ll be shattered all day......:faint:

Well, I just lost my mother of the year award. Tonight B ushered at the school musical. She texted me when it was over, but I never heard the text or saw the notification (and I was on my iPad almost the whole time). I finally went to text her to see what was taking so long, and that is when I saw her text and rushed back to the school. Poor kid had been waiting for over 30 minutes and was very upset. Thankfully one of the school staff members stayed with her until I arrived. I feel like the worst parent ever.

She got her NHS stole today, so tomorrow we are going to do cap and gown pictures.

Never did get back to sleep...…still blowing a hoolie outside...…..

I may need a snooze later today......although looking at the weather I`m glad to be not going anywhere....and decided we all want Chinese or Indian takeout tonight...….

Hope everyone still on vacation is having a blast...….Keisha mac and Sue :thumbsup2......don't think anyone else is away right now...….

Did just watch the Falcon 9 rocket take off from Florida with supplies for the ISS......and thankfully land safely on the drone ship too...….always a pleasure to watch these rockets...

Almost time for breakfast…….bacon...….mmmmmmmm ::yes::

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter