Something About Nothing............ #14

I think that list came about since story in our local news said Barnes and Noble, Ross and other stores were open. I would think Wolf’s threats will have them closed.

We did take out from our favorite family owned Jewish place we usually eat in at. I felt like ensuring they stay in around, as they keep emailing discounts, so I know they need the business.

E17F1318-798A-4349-B192-ACDCC94417C2.jpeg

And yay!

B4C46C7D-4B16-4992-ABC2-B33E2462CA1E.jpeg

Have a lovely night homies.

Very long and exhausting day to day. I spent the whole day contacting clients about the new telehealth program we are offering. I don't think we are ready to start yet, but my boss insisted on implementing it today. I foresee lots of billing issues in my future.

The good news of the day is that the preliminary positive case in my town turned out to be a false report. So far there are still no confirmed cases in my area. However, there have been confirmed positives in Roanoke, which is about an hour to our west, Charlottesville, which is about and hour and a half to our north, and another city an hour to our east.

By the way, Hope is 8 months old already....time flies!
Aww...she's adorable.

My niece`s friend in London was knocked over (by a person not a car) and that same person took her shopping cart and went in the store! Unbelievable.
People are getting crazy. Today one of my friends posted that a couple of nurses in Arkansas were assaulted for wearing their scrubs in public. I guess people think they are spreading the virus from their scrubs?

Went out at lunchtime. Confirmed that the stores are not stocked. Worse today than yesterday. Bought another chuck roast to grind into hamburger since none to be had. Haven't seen chicken in over a week.
So far things are fairly reasonable here, but I haven't been in a store in several days.

I'm still annoyed at the spring breakers who were interviewed saying outrageously stupid things. They are using really poor judgement and I hope now that some beaches are closed in Florida they can go home and re-evaluate what they think.
I've seen pictures of very busy beaches, What are these people thinking?

I just feel bad for those graduating this year - my niece already had bought her " prom " dress and was very excited about being the senior and just doing all the fun activities that they get to do with prom. Now that won't be happening.
I really feel for all of these kids. B's senior year is still very fresh in my memory. I can't imagine all the disappointments these kids are feeling.

Stay well everyone!!! And here is a new picture of the grandbaby. She is growing sooo fast
Another cutie.

So our governor just announced that all non-life sustaining businesses close by tonight at 8. They will begin to enforce it on Saturday.
I saw that on the news today. Are beer distributors really life sustaining?

We got our first confirmed case in our city today..
So sorry to hear that,

We did take out from our favorite family owned Jewish place we usually eat in at. I felt like ensuring they stay in around, as they keep emailing discounts, so I know they need the business.
We are trying to visit locally owned places as well. Today I got my lunch from the family owned Mexican restaurant near my office.

It's getting late and I should try to get some sleep. Tomorrow I help B move out of her dorm. 🙁

BB8B6A26-A768-4EEF-8EB6-833EDC9052E6.jpeg

Good luck with dorm moving out today, Charade. At least us doing it on the Friday, with an all out Saturday, was starting to get crazy as we left around lunchtime. Where little one goes, there are many dorms, and her dorm is long, large and tall. The elevators in it stink! They are scary noisy, and very slow. And of course, little one was on the top floor. Why I sent older one to go inside. I was the stay with the car worker.

Ooh, today, in between my work and little one’s three classes, little one has been in Spring cleaning mode, and dresses in closet will be the next clothes culled. I get a fashion show, 😊.

Ah, if homies need the weather report, my weather lady said it is soupy out. Yeah, the warm weather has come for the day, and even with that dice rolling rainy chances, our high temp will be close to 80. Woot! Well, and then the cold weather returns, and by Sunday, not even seeing 50 degrees. Sigh. Will be later in Spring before we see some more consistent warmer weather.

Well, as we enjoy this warm day, may all have the best Friday.

cam....hope your place of work continues to be quiet....less contact the better. Yes, no chickens in our main grocery stores, but our local farm places have them. And our village store had a few this morning. We are fortunate for now as freezers are full....but of course, how long will this go on. Glad you have nice weather though, that helps...….

Lynne.....fashion show will pass some time, hope your weather picks up soon.....we all need some sunshine right now.

mrose…..I agree, the smaller stores seem to be doing better. We walked in to our village this morning for some fresh air and people are buying food. It was weird not stopping to chat to folks, our village is one of those where everyone talks to you......not today. But, how scary for where you are now......and yes, those folks on the beaches are crazy. Highly irresponsible.

bobbie…..glad to see you are out and about, got to be a good sign.

Pumpkin.....you grandbaby is adorable....she has such a beautiful little face, so precious. Glad your place of work is being so sensible.....I think most folks are being very reasonable with that now. Yes, if someone had knocked me over for a shopping trolley I`d have been livid......it seems while most are being reasonable, there are those that just have a mob mentality.....someone looked at our cart yesterday and you could see them thinking...they haven't got that much......well, we only bought what we needed......oh yes, wine is an essential right now......lol.....we got a delivery this morning from one of our clubs.....we didn't need it as we are always well stocked with wines and hard liquor, and forgot about it to be honest.....but, it`ll get stored with the others and will be put to good use!!!!

Charade, we thought everything was reasonable here too, till last Monday.....then it all went off the scale. Yes, I was shocked with the mindset folks are developing....attacking people for any reason......it is scary. Our little village was a haven of tranquility this morning...…..

Yes, had a walk up in the woods this morning, then into village to pick up an order from our local butcher......it is quiet. We were sad to see two of the three coffee shops in the village have closed for now. Only one that has stayed open is the Vegan one.....I`m surprised as it`s always empty.....wrong type of place for it here......no big chains here, all local and all freshly made food.

We just wanted some fresh air...…..no plans to go out for a few days now......Kyle is home from work too so we are kind of self isolating as much as possible.

I just got a parcel delivered and the guy still offered me the electronic signature thing to sign....I declined and said I was surprised they were still asking folks to do that.....maybe they have and he forgot.......he did a squiggle for me. It was wine......definitely an essential right now!!!

Schools finally all close here today till goodness knows when......except for kids who`s parents have essential jobs......not quite sure how that`ll work out.

Feeling quite glad we have accepted the May trip won`t happen......I don't think we`d even take a late May trip now, it`s just too soon......one of us has an underlying health condition, so travel while things are uncertain isn't a good idea.

September gets our focus now.......

Have a great Friday folks.....what ever you may be doing!!!

Good luck with dorm moving out today, Charade. At least us doing it on the Friday, with an all out Saturday, was starting to get crazy as we left around lunchtime. Where little one goes, there are many dorms, and her dorm is long, large and tall. The elevators in it stink! They are scary noisy, and very slow. And of course, little one was on the top floor. Why I sent older one to go inside. I was the stay with the car worker.
I consider myself very fortunate. B is in one of the newest dorms on campus. Her room is on the first floor and pretty close to the door.

Charade, we thought everything was reasonable here too, till last Monday.....then it all went off the scale. Yes, I was shocked with the mindset folks are developing....attacking people for any reason......it is scary. Our little village was a haven of tranquility this morning...…..
We are going back to the store either tomorrow or Sunday and will see if it has gotten worse. Some of the stores around here have advertised job openings. They need extra help getting the stock back onto the shelves.

5F5088A2-38DE-4D95-AE9C-BD4193AE2B4B.jpeg

Morning Sans family :wave2:

robo did u see NYC & other big cities begging health care retirees to step back up? Those I know who work direct patient care have shared many with immune issues are taking FMLA.

No, I have not seen that locally here. I also have an auto immune issue and issues with my legs, but If needed I would for sure do what I can do to help. What’s that saying “when the going gets tough the tough get going”. I’am so proud of the Nurses and Docs and all they are doing. I will help anyway I can.

I have a friend in Albany NY and her hubby is a ER Doc. She said he told her the hospital there has empty beds and no cases at this point.

I think in the coming weeks we are all going to be called upon to help some way.

Here was a article in Evansvilles newspaper

4145193A-A1A5-4BFC-9C0E-2B9C72B09D64.jpeg

3C1B9F37-9F8F-4C02-ACFB-B79DEFCDAAFD.png

BBCD92F2-3159-4708-926C-7A21CB489DA9.jpeg

By the way, Hope is 8 months old already....time flies!

She is beautiful.

My niece`s friend in London was knocked over (by a person not a car) and that same person took her shopping cart and went in the store! Unbelievable.

The world really has gone crazy!!!

To bad we don’t have baby Yoda’s powers to levitate stinkers like that to a corner somewhere to think re bad behavior. That poor girl could have been injured.

DD2F0BC7-1D81-4720-86EA-1DA60FD348FB.gif

Love the pic of Sheldon.

They are using really poor judgement and I hope now that some beaches are closed in Florida they can go home and re-evaluate what they think.

They are slowly closing them. Fort Lauderdale closed theirs yesterday.

Stay well everyone!!! And here is a new picture of the grandbaby. She is growing sooo fast

She’s a beautiful baby.

People are getting crazy. Today one of my friends posted that a couple of nurses in Arkansas were assaulted for wearing their scrubs in public. I guess people think they are spreading the virus from their scrubs?

What the public does not realize is those Nurses and Doctors are wearing hazemat suits for 8 to 12 hours so their uniforms are not coming into contact with anything.

I can tell you those disposable suits are uncomfortable and hot.

I saw that on the news today. Are beer distributors really life sustaining?

I saw something on stock program yesterday that alcohol consumption is up for past month.. if that’s what people need to keep chilled so be it.

Feeling quite glad we have accepted the May trip won`t happen......I don't think we`d even take a late May trip now, it`s just too soon......one of us has an underlying health condition, so travel while things are uncertain isn't a good idea.

I know it’s been a big disappointment to cancel your trip.....just think we will all have a lot to celebrate at HHN in September and October....Something to look forward for sure.

My Canadian neighbors are leaving tomorrow. We looked at all the weather along their route and looks to be ok. She is wanting to get home. She said something that struck a cord with me yesterday. She told me that if she or her husband became ill their insurance would only cover them here in the States until April 3rd. She also wants to be near her family. When they cross the the border back to Canada they have to go into 14 day self quarantine at home. So they are gathering food to travel with.

All our family is in Indiana and Kentucky. So we are going to try and make the run back to Indiana at some point. It has been in the back of my mind that if things worsen they might close State borders to.

Praying for the best that all our family’s stay healthy and that all the things that have been done so far help to stop the spread of this virus works.

I saw on news yesterday that police said in Philadelphia they were no longer going to be arresting shop lifters. WELL why would you post that. It’s like calling out every criminal setting on the side lines ready to pounce if total chaos ensues.

Bobbie68 hope you are continuing to feel better everyday.

Tink sending hugs your way :hug:

Keisha hope the antibiotics are helping :hug:

Schumi hope the back is feeling better :hug:

If I have missed some who are ailing wishing you to get well soon too.

A very special hug :grouphug: going out to all the grandparents who are caring for their grandchildren during this uncertain time.

On a lighter note

C49012DE-FC27-4344-BD42-B7B9FCB95224.jpeg

A01129E4-1A31-48EE-BD89-CEB862B2E930.jpeg

11BED131-C8B7-4EA0-9D31-E4DD55A3F2AE.jpeg

48FA76A0-CD88-4C53-82E4-A17C739DD5E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, Robo, crazy times for sure in my City. Hope you can go back North, when you are ready. So far, the only help being asked now are two of our large grocery chains asking for stocking help. And quite a few of the people contracting the virus are in the medical community, though lucky many are not hospitalized, and thankfully not many deaths. So other than the lack of available tests, our medical response has been sufficient to meet the demand, though many not immediately required surgeries and other medical needs are being pushed back until a later time or cancelled, to be rescheduled, to make room. On a happy note, kids made breakfast for us. Eggs, egg whites, bacon and even grits and oatmeal. Lucky me, with tea no less. Perfect morning I would say.

It’s a what did lunch. Little one has a online class at noon, so I guess unless she is not seen, no noon time meal for her. Eh, I think we are all full from breakfast.

Woot! Friday! :dancer:

:wave2: Morning Everyone doing a little stop in before I start to do all my work as the head paper shuffler :teeth:

I seen a report about how busy the beaches are in Florida. Wow...just wow. is all I can say. I sure hope that in 2 weeks we don't see huge spikes in the number of cases from people being in such close contact with eachother. I guess only time will tell.

More and more businesses are closing their doors and people are self isolating. For today, I'm still at work, but by Monday the situation may change. For now, they hubby is working, but I feel he's like me...it's only a matter of time until they close their doors too unless people or businesses need an emergency call. The phones are still ringing and people are trying work.

I know the dd is hoping that her hubby's work will be closing their doors until all this craziness is done. They were talking about hopping in their vehicle to come visit us for a bit, and see all the family here. I know that the dd is calling every day as her anxiety is on over drive now and Thomas ( the son in law ) knows she just needs to be with family right now. So we will happily have them come for an any amount of time that they need. It will be good for all of us to have the little one around just to cuddle with and take those breathing moments. When babies are in your arms, the world just stops turning so fast...and that is what we all need right now. So we will see what happens in the next little while

We also had an interesting new story happen here. There was a curling tournament for doctors the past weekend. One Dr had been in Vegas, thought he was above everyone else, and didn't self isolate...and guess what....he has since tested positive, and now other dr's that were at that tournament are testing positive as well :sad2: :confused: Yup...I guess it doesn't matter how smart you think some people are...common sense just doesn't prevail at time. The regional health authorities had received an anonymous phone call about him, then tested him and he tested positive. There is now lawful action going to be taken against him for being such an irresponsible person. You can't fix stupid!!!!

@Charade67 I think that is AWESOME your office is offering that service for your clients! And right now, they are needing it more than ever. And your right, it will probably be a nightmare working with insurance and billing after it's all said and done, but they will be receiving the help that they need to get through some very scary times. I pray that it doesn't turn into a nightmarish hell for you after to try to sort through. I hope packing up B goes smoothly for you. It's just sad she is not able to finish off the year in her dorm.

@schumigirl. when I heard about the flights and airlines starting lay offs and cancelling flights, I first thought of you. As much as it sucks, at least you may still have a fall trip for your favorite part of the year to Universal! on another note...you can never have too much alcoholic beverages in the home ;)

@Robo56 I'm glad your Canadian neighbors are leaving to come back to Canada. It's time, for everyone to get their behinds home. I hope they have a safe trip. I also hope that their family living here will do a little shopping and have a few essentials that they will need for when they arrive home. If not...there are some delivery options as well. I hope they get home safe and sound.

@Lynne G that fashion show sounds like fun!!!! I miss having girls around!!!! Living with so many men/boys get boring at times. Sometimes I need something other than boy humor :rolleyes:

Well...I should get started on shuffling these papers and actually work instead of pretending to look like I'm working

Stay well to all the other hommies out there!!!

All of B's stuff is now out of the dorm. I just don't know where we are going to put it all. I saw cars on campus from as far away as Alaska. I felt really bad for one of the girls on her hall. She is stuck here for the foreseeable future. Her home is South Korea and she can't go back right now.

We also had an interesting new story happen here. There was a curling tournament for doctors the past weekend. One Dr had been in Vegas, thought he was above everyone else, and didn't self isolate...and guess what....he has since tested positive, and now other dr's that were at that tournament are testing positive as well :sad2: :confused: Yup...I guess it doesn't matter how smart you think some people are...common sense just doesn't prevail at time. The regional health authorities had received an anonymous phone call about him, then tested him and he tested positive. There is now lawful action going to be taken against him for being such an irresponsible person. You can't fix stupid!!!!
I can't even begin to respond to that without saying something that would get me kicked off the board.

I think that is AWESOME your office is offering that service for your clients! And right now, they are needing it more than ever. And your right, it will probably be a nightmare working with insurance and billing after it's all said and done, but they will be receiving the help that they need to get through some very scary times. I pray that it doesn't turn into a nightmarish hell for you after to try to sort through. I hope packing up B goes smoothly for you. It's just sad she is not able to finish off the year in her dorm.
Thank you. I am hoping it won't be the financial nightmare that I am expecting. One of the therapists has already texted me about claims. Oh well, maybe I'll get some overtime out of this.

Last edited:
It's only 10:00 and I'm already bored. I'm currently washing B's dorm bedding and will put it in storage.

Yesterday we had a confirmed virus case in a county just north of us. It won't be long before we get our first confirmed case here.

Did anyone else see on the news where a man in South Carolina was arrested for faking a positive result to get out of work? The call center where he worked shut down for several days for deep cleaning.

Oh Mac, sending well wishes your way. Take care.
Did I miss something? Hope Mac is okay.

Yeah, there is always someone who thinks can get away with it, Charade. Ah, not quite bored yet. Little one’s stuff was washed and stowed away too. Hoping all returns to dorm life this Fall.

Well, eggs with steak breakfast, as we all decided pizza for dinner last night, instead of the steak. Seems I had a free pizza coupon, so felt like the time to use it. Eh, not our favorite tasting one, but did hit the spot.

From the hotel closing thread, saw Mac said she was not feeling well, Charade, hence again sending some well wish filled mummy dust her way.

Now waiting for DH to return from the Home Depot, to get the missing, blown over damaged parts of our fence. Cooler day, but the sun keeps trying to come out. Dry, so a good day to fix it.

Gloomy Saturday today. DH and I were out early this morning. A friend who works for the regional newspaper said that there was rumor floating that the governor would put our state under a 2 week mandatory quarantine today. We went out last night and bought another round of groceries just in case.. Still couldn't find tp or chicken so we got up early this morning and found everything we needed at Lidl. Everything was stocked. Snagged a few fresh baked crossaints. Soo good. I think we are good for at least a couple of weeks but if this quarantine doesn't pan out, I am sending my friend a bill😂 Lol! Actually the governor already had his daily presser and no mention of it. Oh well. At least I don't have to go out. Need gas but will go later.

Chili for dinner tonight.

Have a great Saturday!

A friend who works for the regional newspaper said that there was rumor floating that the governor would put our state under a 2 week mandatory quarantine today.
I really hope this is just a rumor. I need to get to the grocery store or we will be eating frozen pizza, pop corn, and pop tarts next week.

I really hope this is just a rumor. I need to get to the grocery store or we will be eating frozen pizza, pop corn, and pop tarts next week.

Hi I have 2 people (1 is my cousin) with friends in the military that say the same thing. It is hard to tell if it is a rumor or not. Honestly, I am taking it to be true just in case and getting more prepared.

Hi charade sorry I misread that you said your state. I was responding about the National Quarantine rumor going around that my cousin and friend told me about. I am not sure about your state. Mine CT is now under the stay at home policy adapted by New York. We have no end date for it.

First case reported in my town. Other people in self quarantine right now too, because of possible exposure. So many people travel back and forth to NYC they had to put a stop to the transportation companies doing it. We're only about 2 hours away.

One friend of my nephew's has symptoms (Fever, cough, lethargic, chills) and called the designated hospital line three times and was denied a test. I don't know if they're waiting until people get "really bad" before testing? It doesn't make sense.

Our bars are shut down, but we're hearing that people are still going to some of them and they are open to regular customers on the down low. I just don't know what is going on. People are not taking it seriously enough.

My father went to Aldi's this morning and said there was a rush of about 50 people trying to get in as it opened. I am so upset with him going out today to begin with, but to be in a large crowd like that is not safe. I knew Saturday would be busier. He said that about 20-30 people were lined up outside, and everyone else was waiting in their cars for opening and when the doors opened, he found himself in the crowd.

Hi I have 2 people (1 is my cousin) with friends in the military that say the same thing. It is hard to tell if it is a rumor or not. Honestly, I am taking it to be true just in case and getting more prepared.
I was responding about the National Quarantine rumor going around that my cousin and friend told me about
I've heard this several times over the past few days also.
I'm not trying to scare anyone, but if you don't have supplies for a lockdown, now is the time to get them. We are in a state lockdown to all non-life sustaining businesses, but the grocery stores are a madhouse. Stores have designated senior hours, but some people are complaining about it online, asking why they get special treatment and they shouldn't have to cater to them. It's disgusting how people are being insensitive to the vulnerable.

Hi is Mac okay? Did I miss something!
I missed it too. I hope everything is ok.

Stay safe everyone!

I've heard this several times over the past few days also.
I'm not trying to scare anyone, but if you don't have supplies for a lockdown, now is the time to get them

Yep, i agree. I figured even if my friend was wrong, at least I wouldn't have to out in the maddness when the call is made to shutter everything nonessential.

Hope @macraven is feeling better today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter