• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah, I think it’s been almost 4 weeks since little one got kicked out of her dorm. Seems March just flew by, and almost dreading home of all of April, but thinking may be ever later into May. I am done my 14 day stay in, and we are lucky we are not sick.

Had to do a grocery stop, but I think all but a few were pretty good about keeping away. Some had huge piles in their carts. We just needed bread, which thankfully they still had the cheap white bread my DH prefers, and barely any hotdogs that my older one wanted, but managed to find one, not the cheapest I wanted, but made him happy. And milk looked like they had just restocked, so picked up that too. But many aisles still bare, with even the much in the frozen cases picked clean.

Eh, quit night, and made a big pot of mac and cheese, added hot dogs for the men, and red peppers that I chopped up, with tomatoes on the side for anyone to add in or just eat. All are full, with some leftover. No matter, I am sure it will be reheated and eaten tomorrow.

And, lest any homie forget:
F9397474-A208-4227-8897-1FA689E97538.jpeg

Oh yes, true:

312DD14B-503F-4209-9100-693BBA88042F.jpeg

Woot!

Have a peaceful, sound sleep. While I am not quite ready for bed, will leave the light 💡 on for you late in the evening homies. Yeah you night 🦉s. 😊

Janet.....haven't seen a Chuck Norris funny in years!!!! I used to love watching Texas Ranger......we have the fastest broadband in the uk where we are, and apparently they`ve all been slowed down to accommodate all the at home folks......I just said to Tom yesterday we haven't noticed any change in speed as we are always fast......two minutes later......pow......we had lag......lol...famous last words. Been fine since then and yes, teachers deserve a lot of praise for all they do!!!

We`ve decided pizza will work on Easter Sunday this year.....we have lots of meat, but as we aren't having anyone over.....easy day. Kyle doesn't care as long as he has chocolate......lol......

mac.....yes, we have plenty of food and supplies here too. We had stocked up on things like tp from our equivalent of Costco just before all this blew up and they still have plenty, so no panic buying here. I read stores have plenty of food, but it`s the idiots stocking up causing the issue, now stores have been putting limits on purchases, it`s better. I wouldn't know personally as like you, haven't been near a store for a while.

You`ll know my face in September.......😁

cam...….good luck with the grocery shopping this morning.....we`ve been lucky with local stores here and apart from deliveries we`ve ordered, not had to deal with the big stores.

Scary for cases to be so close to your husband.....and yes, Panda Express is a decent standby, but nothing like real Chinese food from an authentic chef!!!

damo......some real sunshine would be lovely right now.....unfortunately over here as soon as the weather gets warmer, so many will head out and ignore the instructions....they`ll treat is a holiday like they did the first few days we had glorious weather in all of this. But, glad you`re doing ok........

Lynne......did I miss you say you were self quarantining???? I didn't know you were self isolating, I thought you were just working from home. Glad you`re all well though......I`m being hopeful for my two that I just had a cold as most experts say if you pass it, it`ll be passed quickly. My guys 14 days is up on Sunday, so Kyle can go back in to work to get his devices to enable him to work from home.

So, Friday again. Least I have a cocktail party to "go" to tonight.....better than nothing...…..one friend said we all have to have a cocktail and snacks.…..lol......my snacks will be spicy chips and dip. No fuss.

Food seems to be the biggest excitement right now for everyone...…...we are excited for our toasted sandwiches today......Kyle and Tom are plain cheese and cheese and ham, Brie, turkey and cranberry for me........dinner is pizza for Kyle and lasagne for us.......either apple pie or ginger sponge with custard for dessert. Chocolate Ben & Jerry`s for Kyle. Not a pie and custard type of a guy.

Out walking this morning in the woods......then nothing till cocktail time.

On top of the cleaning as are most folks I`m sure.......it`s one thing that does pass some time.

(Guess you need to be a certain age to get that one)

Have a good one...……….

Well, a combo of 2, Schumi. I was ordered to telework, then a week later, was told a service worker in my building tested positive, so all were also ordered to self isolate. Hence, almost ironically, was done my isolation April 1st. Hence was grocery shopping yesterday. First time out in 2 weeks. And yes, we are all healthy, very thankful of that. And as I said before, during most of us isolating, a worker in another building entered our building last week, and tested positive. Hence, my building got a second deep clean, and that person’s building got one too. Way too close, for me.

But as happy thoughts were brought up as I woke up, why yes, a Friday is here. Woot!

8478834F-97DA-433D-98D5-651602A47A0B.jpeg

Oh yes, yes, yes, to all the homies, Happy Friday.

89CF4E2B-FC01-47FC-A2D0-C9A22F299B53.png

And a Happy Good Morning too.

But ya know, given it’s a Friday,

3B3B5413-1E0B-4980-B111-90219BB4B9B5.png

Woot! Schumi got here before me. Have a great afternoon. And I’m with Kyle, while we will not have a big dinner for Easter, the day will have chocolate to enjoy.

Okay, tea and back to routine.

Good morning everyone. I just survived a trip to the grocery. The stock is so random right now. It seems they are out of different things each week. Today there was none of the milk I usually buy, so I had to get a different, more expensive brand.
Work is going to drive me insane. We have one therapist who has been out on maternity leave since mid-November. I just realized a couple of days ago that she still had a bunch of undeposited claim checks at the office. Each week my boss' husband prepares a deposit report for each therapist all of the checks they received that week. Apparently this one therapist had taken some of the checks before the deposit for that week was prepared. I was trying to figure out her deposit for the last few months, but it wasn't balancing due to the missing checks. I left everything Wednesday afternoon and when I came back Thursday morning even more checks were missing. I was going crazy trying to figure out what happened. My boss said that her husband was trying to work on the deposit Thursday morning. It turned out that he was confused by it all and had taken some of the checks home with him to try to figure it out. Arrrgh!! He brought everything back to the office and my boss and I worked on it for a while. We finally got it within $3.44 of where it should have been. I told my boss I would give her $3.44 just to make it go away.

We also love the one in VA...we make a trip there every October for the Halloween festivities
It would be cool if we could meet sometime. I'll be leaving the park before the Halloween stuff starts though.

If you like humor, go to the community board
(which is on the motherland side) and read the thread:

Funny Memes

some of it had me laughing and I think you will read and laugh or giggle too!
That was great. I have seen a lot of good memes on Facebook too.

April 1st today..........surely a better month than March?
Let's hope so.

Already handed in my note to the the teacher (Mac) lol. Some annoying complications on the tooth issue cropped up, including reading-induced headaches/vertigo that is finally starting to lesson, ergo my extended absence.
Sorry you are still having problems. Will you be able to get it taken care of? I just got a text from my dentist yesterday saying they were only going to be available for emergencies.

Must admit to being slightly worried about one of my closest friends ::yes::......she`s used to her husband working abroad most of the year and only home for short periods of time.......she is struggling......lol......he can`t go back because of where it is he works, so he`s home for a long time.....just the two of them. She said today on Skype she envies how Tom and I can be joined at the hip 24 hours a day.......she`s joining in our online cocktail party Friday.......I think he`s been banished to the other end of their home!!!
I can so relate to your friend. Dh and I need time apart. I came home from the grocery this morning and he was doing his class lecture from our living room. I couldn't do anything until he was finished. Thankfully there was no video, so his students couldn't see me putting away all the food.

Liv is really trying to navigate work. I was proud of her. She had a cleaning shift yesterday, which she wants. However, they told her she was going to be a cashier for half the day. Well she got really upset about that. I don't blame her. She came up with a solution, she went to the schedule and found out one of her friends brothers was a cleaning person the same time she was going to be cashier, so she asked him to trade since he likes cashiering better. It worked out good and she solved it herself.
Happy to hear that she is taking the initiative and things are going better at work.

I have to get use to having all my walls on my first floor the same color. I am a different color for each room person.
I am okay with one color. Our problem is that the previous owner used several slightly different shades of beige for our walls. We tried to do some touch up painting when we first moved in, but it was a disaster.

I always liked dipping hershey bars in my peanut butter!! I like smooth the best!
I still do that on occasion. Jif is my peanut butter brand of choice.

I do butter & peanut butter on toast lol! And sometimes drizzle honey on top!
I have never heard of putting both butter and peanut butter on toast, but peanut butter with honey is yummy,

Trying to think about vacations, but it just doesn`t seem right just yet......spoke to a friend the other day and they said the same thing, it`s a little alien right now thinking of that.
I know when this is all over I will be ready to go somewhere - anywhere.

Thing have taken a turn here and we have a lot of cases in my city. Found out last night there are 2 positive cases in hubby's building. LOTS of people are scared and have just walked out today.
I don't know what would scare me more - the possibility of getting the virus or being unemployed. Prayers that your husband stays safe.

One place, a clothing distribution center, closes every other day now, to clean because another employee tested positive. Then they open right back up. Why is a clothing distribute open in the first place? I understand clothing is a "life sustaining" item. But it's not like people don't already have clothing to wear and no one is running around naked. There's no reason at all they can't close for two weeks to get ahead of the spread there. And no one is shutting them down.
Another distribution center has 7 cases and they won't shut down for a deep clean. It's corporate greed, pure and simple. And workers are disposable, apparently.
We have a clothing distribution center near where I work that had to shut down for cleaning a few weeks ago because an employee lied about having the virus. I don't know what happened to the employee (hopefully fired) or if the distribution center is still operating right now.

I am having a REAL respect for teachers moment. GD started online school. Not the materials being an issue, it’s the technology part of initial set up & navigation of the program.
I am so glad that B graduated last year. I would be terrible at attempting to homeschool. I think that would have become dh's job.

Gas prices in some parts of Tn are $1.49 but the best I could do in my area of GA is $1.70
All due to state taxes and of the states.
I saw gas for 1.65 near where I work. It's too bad that is something we can't horde.

, I did do curbside pick up at Chick Fil A today for lunch.
I try to go to CFA at least once a week. We know our local franchise owner. (B used to have a huge crush on his youngest son.)

DH's work had 3 more cases today. One was worker on one of the aircraft carriers so I am sure that will spread like wildfire since it is such close quarters.
Yikes, that is scary. Prayers that it doesn't spread.

Yeah, I think it’s been almost 4 weeks since little one got kicked out of her dorm. Seems March just flew by, and almost dreading home of all of April, but thinking may be ever later into May.
I've lost track already. I thing it has been 3 weeks for us if you count spring break. Yesterday B started choosing her classes for fall semester. I think she might take a few over summer too.

Had to do a grocery stop, but I think all but a few were pretty good about keeping away. Some had huge piles in their carts. We just needed bread, which thankfully they still had the cheap white bread my DH prefers, and barely any hotdogs that my older one wanted, but managed to find one, not the cheapest I wanted, but made him happy. And milk looked like they had just restocked, so picked up that too. But many aisles still bare, with even the much in the frozen cases picked clean.
Right now it has been hit or miss at my store. We were almost out of hot dogs too. One of the weirdest things is I have not been able to find the frozen Brussels sprouts that I like. Who would have thought those would be hard to find?

I will end with a positive story. One of our therapists is married to an ER doctor who is working with the local virus team. Last week our local newspaper ran a story where they interviewed him about the shortage of N95 masks at the hospital. I talked to the therapist the other day and she told me that since the story ran,the hospital has received several anonymous donations of the masks. She suspects they are coming from some of the hoarders who are now feeling guilty.

@mckennarose oh that’s so scary at your husbands work. I forget what type of place he’s in. Hope he stays safe.

@bobbie68 glad to hear the issue is being looked at with son’s manager.

@DisneyLifePapioNe :wave2: Hope you’re doing well.

@Lynne G glad to hear you’re safe and able to work from home.

@KStarfish82 NY is so frightening now, I worry about my brother and his family who live there.

@macraven glad to hear finally Georgia is sheltering in place. Seems odd to only be 10 days, when virus incubation is up to 2 weeks. We don’t have an end date here, it’s until further notice. Trying times.
1,121 cases of Covid-19 reported in my province. We are told only to go out for groceries or pharmacy. People are going out for walks around the neighbourhood but it’s safe because we are able to space apart in the event of running into someone. The pop. of my town is around 35,000 I mostly stick to my neighbourhood.
Sadly some still not getting it. I was in the Costco queue waiting to get in. I was getting close to entrance and an employee went over to a mom with 2 older teen daughters in line with her and told her the limit is 2 family members. Why would you endanger your daughters taking them to a store? Only one person in my family goes. its not a field trip! Ugh.

Wish I were going to Orlando late summer, I’d Uber over to City walk or a hotel for a meet! But my daughter only gets the 1st 2 weeks of Aug off work. Although she’s laid off for now from her Daycare. She will be recalled when all this is over, but who knows when that will be.
We have our fingers crossed for early Aug trip.

@cam757 hope your DH stays safe. I love Chick FiL A! Wished we had them here.

@damo our schools have been closed 3 weeks too. The first 2 weeks were spring break. Now staff have been going in, I think trying to set up some online learning possibly. In the high school. Not sure. We are adjusting too.

@Lynne I like the dog too! So funny.

@schumigirl oh I remember that Abbott & Costello skit! I’ve always loved watching re runs of the old shows! Who’s on first! Classic.
Glad to hear all are well in your house.

I have no idea what we’re having for Easter dinner since only brother-in-law will be coming. have plenty of stuff in the freezer.

After returning from Mexico I went into my Dr for a female problem I was having. He sent me to the lab for bloodwork and decided to throw in a glucose fasting since it had been awhile. My numbers came up high. So last week he retested. Still high. Not crazy high but in Diabetic range :sad2: Got results Wednesday. So he’s put me on the Diabetic diet to see if it can be controlled by diet. Have to learn a new way of eatting. The hardest thing for me will be the no sugar. I do like my desserts. He says I can have my Wine once a week. Guess that’s my splurge. On the upside I’ve already lost 4lb. So a silver lining I guess.
First thing my daughters said was Oh no! What are you going to do at WDW lol! It’s going to be hard, all those good treats! I guess I can pick one splurge, maybe a Dole Whip.

Have a safe weekend Sans.

@Charade67 just missed your post! i remember you saying that bosses husband is a disaster with his job. Maybe now she sees it? But how do you fire your husband!
Nice story about mask donation. The special ventilation masks are a hot commodity for sure. Scary that our frontline people may run out. I am getting upset when I see people in grocery store shopping and wearing these specialized masks, when hospitals need is great.

Just recieved an email, the neighbouring city just cancelled all their Rec programmes TIL June 30. At this point I’ll be surprised if things open up July 1 😟 This has been extended from orig date of May. Things keep on changing.

Lynne.....glad to hear it!!!

mac.......I think a few times I’ve typed out a whole post......long post and yes, it disappears!! And when you’ve done it on your phone....annoying. Have to admit I never post on my phone.....no patience!

Today was quite a good day. But, dropped off a care package to our closest farmer neighbours, called and told them we’d drop off a few bags of food at their door and we’d knock after we left the bags. She said oh my sister is here!!

All three of them are in their 70’s with lung, heart problems and more.....

We have to have some lovely weather coming up, and again, the medics are begging folks not to go out and mix with other people not in your direct household......

Furthest we’ll be going is our own property. It is heartbreaking watching all this and reading about all these poor folks dying. Had to stop today.

So, lasagne was lovely, then got half dressed up, make up on and we had an online party with 6 friends.

It was fun! We did manage to put all the craziness behind for a couple of hours.....had a few cocktails and a lot of giggles......raucous fun with friends is good for the soul! Ended up not making a cocktail pitcher up......just opened a nice bottle of red wine.......nice! So did a couple of the others.

Tom had an evening watching Star Trek or something involving space.......

Now watching a couple of hours of tv before bed........

Planning bacon for breakfast 🥓🥓🥓........going to do all the bedding again in the morning......probably no need, but why not......and hopefully it’ll be nice enough to be out in the garden for a while.....

Have a good Friday night........

I may be delayed for Saturday’s bacon fest so save some for me!

lol.......always plenty made.......if you sleep late,....s’ok.......if we sit up and have some more wine......and watch some more tv, we’ll be sleeping late for a change ::yes::.......something we never do.

Although the farmers around us have been waking us up with the gunshots recently.......getting rid of vermin is on the up. Hares, squirrels and rabbits are all on their sights now.

ooopss......Tom seems to have poured me a glass of wine.......🍷

😁

:wave2: Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!

I hope everyone is healthy on this Friday afternoon!!! It is unusually cold here for April. It was - 13F this morning. It's currently 10F right now...but it won't be warming up until after the weekend. Next week we should come out of the deep freeze and start the melting again :cold: I'm focusing on the fact that is is bright and sunny and soaking up all the sunlight I can get...instead of the cold lol I have been working, studying, and cooking...that's my life right now lol. We might need to have a take out night tonight. I'm hoping to carve out a little bit of time to hit my project room and do a little sewing. Our front line workers are asking for fabric bags that they can use to put their scrubs/work clothes into when they are done with them to get them home safely, and not contaminate their vehicle, and home with the virus.

@Robo56 Great job on the masks!!!! I'm thinking of sewing up a few for us to use personally when we go out. We know they don't provide us much protection from catching it, but it will help from me transmitting the virus to others while I'm out getting supplies.

@Charade67 what a nightmare for you and balancing the books. I could just imagine the fear you felt over the missing cheques! I have when things don'e balance for me. I hope that things start to improve at work.

@macraven I have another online friend from Georgia who said things along the same lines as you. I know she has not ventured far from her neighbourhood and has slwoly made supply runs to keep her household stocked. I hope that the shelter in place goes quick for you. These are definitely times we will remember

@Sue M Our numbers are not far behind yours in Alberta. We will continue to see them rise, but hopefully not the spike that other areas are experiencing. So far, it seems like our healthcare is able to keep up...now hopefully our social distancing will help that spike not be sooo steep. Basically we have the same rules here too. Don't go out unless you have to. We have done one run per week just to stock up on fresh items, milk ( which I'm going to have to start to ration with teenage boys who eat CONSTANTLY ) and just keep up the items we are using during the week. All we can do is sit tight and hope that our numbers stay on the lower end. It makes me extremely sad to know that some senior homes are infected now.

@cam757 I hope your shelter in place goes by fast. The unknown is the scary part. I know it's only a matter of time before we will be doing the same here.

@schumigirl I agree...it's hard to watch the news. We watch some of the stories, but turn it off after a little bit. I've had to unfollow people on Facebook as well. All they can do it post about the negative of it. There are MANY people who are surviving it as well. I want to focus on that, rather than the latter. And yes...we have people here too who don't want to follow rules and gather in small groups. All I can do is focus on what I can do, so that I don't spread it to someone else who may be more vulnerable to it. I don't want to be part of the equation.

@Lynne G I'm glad that you were able to avoid the virus that was at your workplace. It is just so scary to know how close it is to us.

Well...I should finish shuffling the last little bit of papers on my desk here. Stay healthy to all the hommies here!!!!

Checking in quick...

So things are still getting worse here. Our area was on the local news last night and they were talking about how only 18% of people here are social distancing. It is a specific group of the community, who they are trying to get to understand the severity of it. The Secretary of Health for our state was on talking about our area, some hospital people too, and how bad things are getting here. We have over 400 positive cases in my city, and many, many more not diagnosed. The secretary of health explained that they are not testing people unless they are very, very sick, and she said our cases in our city are much higher than what is reported.

Our city just enacted massive restrictions including curfew from 8 pm to 6 am, police are patrolling and will pull people over if you have more than 4 people in the car, prohibits any gathering of 4 or more people (excluding immediate family), all individuals must stay at least 6 feet from another at all times.

Our walmart had issues overnight when the ENTIRE night shift walked out. They had to close and today they blocked the store aisles with pallets, so you can ONLY go to grocery or pharmacy. They are now closing at 6pm and instructed everyone that if you are not in line by 5:45 pm you will not be checked out.

Hubby is still ok, thank you for everyone asking. His company is trying to get masks and gloves for everyone to wear at work. I'm working on making masks with the supplies I have here. I make custom minnie ears so I have cotton fabric and I've been researching those reusable grocery bags as a possible filter. I have some N95 masks here, not medical masks but ones we got when we remodeled the house a few years ago. They are industrial ones, and some are used, but they are better than nothing at this point. Our governor has said for us to wear masks when we're out. EVERYONE, including police, are wearing masks... walking down the street, driving to the store, walking dogs.... etc. EVERYONE.

I know it's going to get worse, and we're only starting to see the bad... but it's scary. I appreciate and covet your prayers. Sorry to be a downer, but this is no joke here. Hubby is on the phone right now with an employee who is in quarantine because he was exposed and he's spiking a fever. The poor man is afraid.

Stay safe, do what you can do now... food, supplies, etc.

Ah, so uneven in our state, McK. Hang in there, and hope your DH does not have the virus.
So far, he's good. Taking temps twice a day, massive doses of Vitamin C, taking zinc, sleeping in the spare room. When he comes home, he goes in the basement door and showers down there. We're blessed to have enough bathrooms where he can use one for cleaning after work. His clothes go straight into the washer.
Someone mentioned something about the figures....they can be very deceiving. First off, NY is reported to have 84K people who have confirmed cases...but that number is lower than it should be because those with milder symptoms are not, or are not allowed, to be tested. And the recovery rates are extremely flawed. We hear about the ones that have been under medical care either passing or recovering. So what about those who get tested, come back positive, but just go home to recover. We assume that they recovered, but it is not counted in the stats.
It's crazy how they are only testing the very worst cases. I would imagine all the numbers in every state are much lower than the actual numbers. They don't have enough tests and they only test the worst cases. Everyone needs to understand this and protect themselves. The numbers of positive cases are not accurate. Our secretary of health explained this last night.
Ergo why canada closed the border, just not soon enough.
I wish we could close our state border. I know the National Guard is in some areas of our state and I wouldn't be surprised if they do something soon.
If any of you are unable to get any supplies in your area, let me know.
It’s possible my area may have what you are trying to get and I can send you a care package.
Thank you for the offer! How sweet that you would help all of us out! My family is good for right now, with a steady (not plentiful yet) supply of items.
We`ve decided pizza will work on Easter Sunday this year.....we have lots of meat, but as we aren't having anyone over.....easy day. Kyle doesn't care as long as he has chocolate......lol......
Oh yum! I ordered a meat package from our local butcher shop yesterday and there was a ham in the package. We're going to have it for Easter.
I don't know what would scare me more - the possibility of getting the virus or being unemployed. Prayers that your husband stays safe.
That's the dilemma, unemployment is severely behind, we need benefits, the virus is actively spreading in both his work and our community. It's a no win situation.
We have a clothing distribution center near where I work that had to shut down for cleaning a few weeks ago because an employee lied about having the virus. I don't know what happened to the employee (hopefully fired) or if the distribution center is still operating right now.
One of the temp agencies here is still open here, and all the people are lying about being in NY or NJ and just going in to replace these other workers who are out on quarantine. They need to be shut down. The centers just clean and reopen.
@mckennarose oh that’s so scary at your husbands work. I forget what type of place he’s in. Hope he stays safe.
I can't say because there are other people at his business who are Disney fans... if you catch my drift. I need to stop directing people here! LOL!
I just got word that my next door neighbor has been tested for the virus and is waiting on results. In the meantime she is home on a 14 day paid leave. She also has 3 small children at home.
Ugh! The poor lady. I pray she doesn't have it, or if she does... she gets over it quickly. Not everyone gets very ill, which I'm reminding myself all the time.

Did you all see this?
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
Someone posted it on the Dis on another thread. It shows possible projections of the virus, resources, deaths, etc. We're set to see a peak of deaths around April 18th. It does change daily, depending on spread. But it's interesting.

Stay safe! Do what you can now.

(edited typos)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter