Something About Nothing............ #14

Evening!

@Pumpkin1172 Hope Mom is feeling better! DH's coworker's mother has it (she is in her 90s) and she is probably being released from the hospital tomorrow. We need more stories like these to show us that positive outcomes!

Still juggling this whole work, home school, and keeping my sanity. I wish my nose would be unstuffed so I could taste food again!

Now I have to start planning future trips to make me happy. We booked a package around Christmas for Lego Land FL and am going to stay on property. Got a killer deal on it and I think my kids will love it. Then Busch Gardens Tampa and back to Orlando. Two weeks in FL :)

Oh, and there is a lot of talk tonight about our governor saying that the schools need to be in "virtual session" during our scheduled Spring Break (which is 4/8 - 4/19). Now if we had been out and not doing anything, I would not have cared, but literally from the moment the schools were shut down, my district has been up and running with the online learning. Some other districts pushed up their break so they would have a chance to work out their plans and will now have to work the original break. But honestly, I have been working seven days a week, and staying up til after 1 am to get things done. I'm more tired than when I was actually going to work!

We need to get back to school soon! (never thought I would say those words!)

Kstarfish Our spring break just ended. Schools still closed to students but staff has been in, figuring out what they’re going to do.

Lynne......bbq or teriyaki are big hits in this house!!! Can`t go wrong with either.....I fancy a good stir fry right about now......I`m gutted our favourite Chinese place has closed, temporarily, along with others....they did the best spicy dishes around!!!

Charade.....yep, plenty of home baking here......I will have to freeze most of it, but I like being able to just go bring them out as needed, especially as it`s easier to find glittery unicorns than flour at the moment. Yes, I agree an emergency situation is different to general improvements, I`d feel the same......

cam.....vent away. We`re all allowed to get frustrated......glad you enjoyed a glass of wine......I have to wait till my taste comes back to enjoy that right now......loads of mummy dust for both of your jobs, it`s a worrying time for any workforce right now.....

The flourless chocolate cake at RPR was the one that got Kyle hooked on it. He has no allergies to flour, but the density of that one makes it what it is......so I asked for the recipe and made it at home when we got back. It`s a treat dessert for sure!!!

@damo definitely scone that sounds like pawn......not sounding like phone or moan...….lol.....your question made me smile as there are definite regional variations in the UK......I`m from Scotland but live in the East Coast of England, and this far down they usually pronounce it the wrong way....lol.....I still ask for them sounding like pawns...….curious though, how would you pronounce it? I`ve never really thought about how you would say it over there...….

Then there is the massive discrepancy over whether you put the jam or the cream on first!!!! That can cause serious rows between families......lol......I actually like a scone toasted with just butter!!! Lush.....

pumpkin.....continued good whishes to your parents, hope your dad can avoid getting anything. It`s hard not to see them I know.

mrose, yes, it`s not the worst idea to check temps when folks come into buildings to work......I know a temp isn`t always present, but if it stops one person who may not know they have it wandering around folks then it`s a help.

mac........thank you for all you do as a moderator. It` not the easiest thing. Glad to see you post more again.......and hope the cats got on ok yesterday......:thumbsup2

Kfish......glad to hear the good news of your husband coworker mother.....yes, positive stories are always better to hear.

I can only imagine how much work you`re doing as a teacher. It`s certainly tough times, and glad you have vacations to look forward to.......

I spoke to my cousins on LI yesterday, both teachers and thankfully them and their families and my aunt who is 80 are all doing well. NYC seems a long way off for them right now out there.

Our butcher is calling us this week when he has made his fresh back of pies......we have three steak pies and two chicken pies on order. They are delicious, not only is his meat in gravy so tasty, but his pastry is the nicest around......will pop them in freezer and keep one out to have immediately for dinner.

Apart from that we need absolutely nothing till at least Saturday or Sunday.

Sun is shining after a night of rain, so no walking in the woods as it`ll be a little too muddy. Maybe have a day in......

Unless butcher phones to say the pies are ready, it`ll be lasagne for dinner tonight. Kyle will have mac n cheese......lunch will be whatever......and a scone mid afternoon.......

We have just discovered Zoey`s Extraordinary Playlist...….LOVE it and we`ve only watched the first episode......if you liked Ally McBeal, it`s a tiny little bit like that, but different. Hooked after the first few minutes........

We did try Tiger King, but seeing how he chains up a lot of the animals, didn't want to watch it any longer. Horrible seeing them in such a small area.

:rotfl:

Have a great Tuesday........

Last edited:

See, oh Jack knows. It is

08D4C678-4C2B-4547-89F0-EC2697121657.jpeg

Why yes, it is a

971456CC-EFB1-47B2-A7EA-98041B3E0CE3.jpeg

See cat is learned too, Taco Tuesday is here.

Schumi, you sound like all is good with house food stockings, and hope you improve in tasting and smelling again, and kick that virus out. Well wishes sent.

Kfish, I always am happy to read good news stories. Yeah, being a working mom always has its challenges. House is odd, now that my college kids are both home, before the summer. Hang in there, and Christmas fun in the parks are a perfect way to have something to look forward to.

Cam, Mac, Charade, Sue, McK, Tink, abd any other homie, Good Morning! Eat a taco or two, and place your order when near Mac, she will be doing her Taco Bell run. Hope it is not too busy there, Mac, as make sure you get your free taco today. The Doritos kind. Eh, may send the kids. Maybe not. Either way, enjoy your Tuesday with a taco.

@schumigirl

I say scone (rhymes with tone) However my daughter's in-laws, the Dad is of Scottish descent, says scawns.

When I was babysitting my just turned 3 year old grand-daughter a few weeks ago, DD's MIL messages me that she has made scones for the grand-daughter. So I told grand-daughter that they were bringing over scOnes, to which grand-daughter replies, "Oh, you mean scAWNs!" hahahahah

Toddlers are hilarious.

@schumigirl

I say scone (rhymes with tone) However my daughter's in-laws, the Dad is of Scottish descent, says scawns.

When I was babysitting my just turned 3 year old grand-daughter a few weeks ago, DD's MIL messages me that she has made scones for the grand-daughter. So I told grand-daughter that they were bringing over scOnes, to which grand-daughter replies, "Oh, you mean scAWNs!" hahahahah

Toddlers are hilarious.
That’s how I say it too Damo

lol....well, you are both in the wrong of course.....:rotfl:but since you are both nice people, I`ll still talk to you.....::yes::

Loving your grand-daughter damo......she sounds a hoot......and she`s three already!!!

lol....well, you are both in the wrong of course.....:rotfl:but since you are both nice people, I`ll still talk to you.....::yes::

Loving your grand-daughter damo......she sounds a hoot......and she`s three already!!!

Yes she turned three last week. We'll have a big celebration someday! And both my daughter and daughter-in-law are expecting, so it will be a very busy year if we ever get back to normal.

Yes she turned three last week. We'll have a big celebration someday! And both my daughter and daughter-in-law are expecting, so it will be a very busy year if we ever get back to normal.

Oh how lovely, what a fabulous year you have ahead for you all......congratulations to all. And yes, I’m sure you’ll get to celebrate the little ones birthday at some point......:flower3:

Who made the bacon this morning?
I’m hungry!

We didn’t have any bacon today mac......but tomorrow lunchtime I’ve had a request for bacon sandwiches.....so feel free to drop in!!!

Good news for my nephews wife, she tested negative, so can get back to nursing on Thursday......so far nephew is good too.

Dinner was nice, but maybe because all of the Chinese restaurants have closed.....I’m craving Chinese food!!

No book group for a while either. Some of us could do a group meet over the laptops or iPads, but 5 of our members don’t want to do that, so we’ll wait.

But, going to a virtual cocktail party on Friday night....8 of us will get online together and each do a cocktail......we are all missing our get togethers.......and another group of friends want to “meet” online for lunch Saturday......it’s certainly different. But such a good way to keep that group feeling In addition to our phone calls and Skype chats.

I have to admit, I’m now feeling a little stir crazy, but most of my friends are feeling the same. I can go out now, but will wait till the cough has eased a bit more. Not that there’s many places to go......will have to happy with the woods behind us. I don‘t think they even want us down on the beach.

Made a few calls tonight to family and friends, now settling down to a night of.......tv.

We did cancel our overnight hotel for May.....no one is really in vacation mood right now it seems.

And seems everyone wants a hot chocolate tonight......with marshmallows of course........:wave2:

Last edited:
:wave2: doing a quick stop in here!

So today our governor has issued an order for everyone to stay at home. We can go out for food, work, supplies, medical needs, and exercise. It's pretty much the same thing he told us last week except now it's an order rather than a strong suggestion
It's coming to that here too. I really don't know what to expect in the coming days. Our numbers of new cases are starting to decline...showing that the social distancing is working, but they keep saying that this week is the pivotal week. So we will see what happens here. For now, most businesses are closed where we would have very close contact with someone. We are still open, as construction is still happening, and the oil and gas is an essential service, and we sell to them as well. I can't do my job from home either, so I'm still coming in each day and asking everyone to stay out of my office and talk to me by the door. If they need something...put it in the rack I have on my door and I'll get it once you are gone lol. I'm both grateful and anxious at still working. I'm grateful to be working...but at what health cost is it to myself and my family?
ell as Charade mentioned above we have a stay at home order until June 10th. I just wish the governor would have given us a little notice. NC got a weekend to get themselves straight we got less than an hour and are looking at 71 days of this.
Wow...I feel like if the " social distancing " is working here to keep the number of new cases keep coming down, we will be in the same position here too, with limited contact with anyone. I feel for you, as that seems like it is a very long time :( to be isolated.
Schools still closed to students but staff has been in, figuring out what they’re going to do.
Here is Alberta our schools are closed. They didn't even give it any doubt. When they first closed, they said that the marks that all the kids have now, will be there final marks and will progress onto the next grade if the marks are in good standing. I give our school districts so much credit, the teachers have been using goggle classroom ( which they have always been using here with all the students ) on an even bigger level to be able to modify the rest of the year so that the students can still learn what they need to so that they are successful and ready for next fall. I'm sooo impressed with the speed at which they were able to adapt and do this. We were worried about our youngest who will start Gr 12 in the fall, that he will be missing some crucial aspects to have a successful Gr 12. They are working and able to connect with the kids for one on one if the student is needing some extra help with a particular problem. I can't say enough about our teachers here. I'm soooo extremely grateful that they have done this and are working through all the kinks with doing this on the fly
Then there is the massive discrepancy over whether you put the jam or the cream on first!!!! That can cause serious rows between families......lol......I actually like a scone toasted with just butter!!! Lush.....
That's kind of like do you really have to butter the toast before you put peanut butter on it? I'm in the no department...the hubby says of course you do!!!! lol Both the jam and cream or just butter both sound delicious lol!!! I will add that we are also wondering how expensive airline tickets will be once our airlines start booking international flights again. I just seen a headline that another one of our airlines is laying off 15,000 people :sad2: :eek: It is heart breaking

Thank you for all the well wishes for my Mom. I talked to her last night. She seems to be doing good. Starting to feel more like herself more and more. My aunt and uncle also tested positive for the virus ( my mom's sister and her dh ) They were travelling together and caught it from someone at the memorial service. I think the number of people that contracted it from that one person is at 12 now...and that's just from the immediate family that we know of. There could be more now. Both my aunt and uncle are doing well too!

It looks like it's finally clearing up here. It's still cold around 5F or -15C and not looking to warm up until the weekend :guilty: I'll just keep myself busy with the course work and day work and hope it's nice enough over the weekend to head outdoors for a bit. With Disney dropping that huge incentive for those who had their trips cancelled because of the virus, it makes me hopeful that we will hopefully be able to make a trip down early next year, as we made a promise to the youngest that if he did better in highschool marks than both his older siblings that we would take him to Disney and Universal! I'm still saving my pennies and grateful we are still working so I can keep putting those savings away!

Have a great day everyone!!!!! Stay healthy!!!!!!

:wave2: doing a quick stop in here!

It's coming to that here too. I really don't know what to expect in the coming days. Our numbers of new cases are starting to decline...showing that the social distancing is working, but they keep saying that this week is the pivotal week. So we will see what happens here. For now, most businesses are closed where we would have very close contact with someone. We are still open, as construction is still happening, and the oil and gas is an essential service, and we sell to them as well. I can't do my job from home either, so I'm still coming in each day and asking everyone to stay out of my office and talk to me by the door. If they need something...put it in the rack I have on my door and I'll get it once you are gone lol. I'm both grateful and anxious at still working. I'm grateful to be working...but at what health cost is it to myself and my family?

Wow...I feel like if the " social distancing " is working here to keep the number of new cases keep coming down, we will be in the same position here too, with limited contact with anyone. I feel for you, as that seems like it is a very long time :( to be isolated.

Here is Alberta our schools are closed. They didn't even give it any doubt. When they first closed, they said that the marks that all the kids have now, will be there final marks and will progress onto the next grade if the marks are in good standing. I give our school districts so much credit, the teachers have been using goggle classroom ( which they have always been using here with all the students ) on an even bigger level to be able to modify the rest of the year so that the students can still learn what they need to so that they are successful and ready for next fall. I'm sooo impressed with the speed at which they were able to adapt and do this. We were worried about our youngest who will start Gr 12 in the fall, that he will be missing some crucial aspects to have a successful Gr 12. They are working and able to connect with the kids for one on one if the student is needing some extra help with a particular problem. I can't say enough about our teachers here. I'm soooo extremely grateful that they have done this and are working through all the kinks with doing this on the fly

That's kind of like do you really have to butter the toast before you put peanut butter on it? I'm in the no department...the hubby says of course you do!!!! lol Both the jam and cream or just butter both sound delicious lol!!! I will add that we are also wondering how expensive airline tickets will be once our airlines start booking international flights again. I just seen a headline that another one of our airlines is laying off 15,000 people :sad2: :eek: It is heart breaking

Thank you for all the well wishes for my Mom. I talked to her last night. She seems to be doing good. Starting to feel more like herself more and more. My aunt and uncle also tested positive for the virus ( my mom's sister and her dh ) They were travelling together and caught it from someone at the memorial service. I think the number of people that contracted it from that one person is at 12 now...and that's just from the immediate family that we know of. There could be more now. Both my aunt and uncle are doing well too!

It looks like it's finally clearing up here. It's still cold around 5F or -15C and not looking to warm up until the weekend :guilty: I'll just keep myself busy with the course work and day work and hope it's nice enough over the weekend to head outdoors for a bit. With Disney dropping that huge incentive for those who had their trips cancelled because of the virus, it makes me hopeful that we will hopefully be able to make a trip down early next year, as we made a promise to the youngest that if he did better in highschool marks than both his older siblings that we would take him to Disney and Universal! I'm still saving my pennies and grateful we are still working so I can keep putting those savings away!

Have a great day everyone!!!!! Stay healthy!!!!!!

Glad your mum is doing better, but how scary all of those people catching it from one source. And people still question how easy it is to catch.........

Oh you lost me at peanut butter.......lol.......cannot take to that at all.......none of us like it and now I think on it I don‘t know anyone who does like it?? But, give me buttered white toast anyday......lush!!

Flight prices will be terrifying I imagine. The May flights we had were far more expensive than we had ever paid, but as TC had just gone bust when we booked them, Virgin’s prices were higher than usual. I guess that’s just going to be the way of it.....it is a shame for airline staff and Virgin themselves have laid off most of their CC for 8 weeks at least. And they are now in trouble asking for Government help.

We have our September and December flights booked with them, so will be extra expensive if they go bust too!!! Surely we can’t be that unlucky and have two airlines go under.......our May flights for this year can be deferred to next year or we’ll get a refund if they are still cancelling flights. It’s a waiting game.

Glad your weather is getting warmer......still sounds darn cold to this wimp who loves the heat.......:sunny:

Woot! Must have got the lowest price for September than I ever had with beginning of October. Glad I switched weeks. And just checked today, up higher than I got the other day. So happy I took that 2 day sale last week. I saw May airfare cheap, but I agree, too close for comfort for me. Hope you can find some good Fall prices, Schumi, and yeah, no more going out of business.

Kids did do a Taco Bell run, as an afternoon snack. Well, guess dinner will be a bit later, and I am thinking chicken on the grill, as sunny finally, on a day they said would be sunny. Yeah, cloudy most of the day.

Loveky Tuesday all, and very glad to hear of mum feeling better, Pumpkin and niece going back to work, Schumi, and negative test results.

No bargains for us this year Lynne.....our flights for this year were all bought and paid for last year.......once we have paid the flights, you don‘t get any money for the difference if flight prices go down the way I see Americans talk about......

But, as long as we get there, I don’t really care what we pay.....we’re used to paying thousands of dollars for flights, that won’t change overnight. Would be nice if it did though......lol......

Thanks yes, we‘re happy she tested negative for the virus......and glad to hear you have some lovely sunny weather.......we have to have a high of 52f tomorrow......joy.

mac.....I bet you have even nicer weather right now.......not that I’m jealous or anything.........:rolleyes1

Quick evening post. I came home from work today and promptly fell asleep in my recliner. I thought that by going to telehealth I would have less work to do, but so far I have kept busy. I'm happy for job security.

Now I have to start planning future trips to make me happy. We booked a package around Christmas for Lego Land FL and am going to stay on property. Got a killer deal on it and I think my kids will love it. Then Busch Gardens Tampa and back to Orlando. Two weeks in FL :)
That sound like so much fun. I would like to see LEGO Land, but feel like I am too old for the park. I would also like to visit Busch Gardens Tampa. I love the one ve have in VA.

And both my daughter and daughter-in-law are expecting, so it will be a very busy year if we ever get back to normal.
How exciting. Are they close by so you can visit the grand babies?

Good news for my nephews wife, she tested negative, so can get back to nursing on Thursday......so far nephew is good too.
Awesome news.

Could taste a little better tonight eating, and I sprayed some perfume and could smell that a little too. Dinner was nice, but maybe because all of the Chinese restaurants have closed.....I’m craving Chinese food!!
Great to hear this. I haven't checked on any of our Chinese restaurants. I hope some of them are still open.

That's kind of like do you really have to butter the toast before you put peanut butter on it?
Butter and peanut butter on toast? I have never heard of anyone doing that. i will put butter and jam on toast, but peanut butter goes on alone.

Oh you lost me at peanut butter.......lol.......cannot take to that at all.......none of us like it and now I think on it I don‘t know anyone who does like it??
I love peanut butter. It is one of my favorite foods especially when paired with chocolate. i can make an awesome peanut butter and chocolate pie.

Tonight was chili for dinner. Up until tonight B has always refused to try my chili. Tonight she finally tried it and actually liked it. How sad is it that it took a pandemic to get her to eat my chili?

Evening!

@Charade67 We also love the one in VA...we make a trip there every October for the Halloween festivities

Glad to hear of the negative COVID tests that are happening!

Let's see...my outing today was Taco Bell for Chris, BK for mom and I, and McD for the $1 drinks....gotta have my fountain Diet Coke!

I really wish the weather would turn around...it has been cold, gray, and misty for the last few days. I gotta get these kids in the backyard to play!

Have a great night everyone!

If you like humor, go to the community board
(which is on the motherland side) and read the thread:

Funny Memes

some of it had me laughing and I think you will read and laugh or giggle too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter