Something About Nothing............ #14

meme-M.jpg

Thanks Charade.....we were so happy she is all clear, of course we still worry as she is straight back to front line.

I never liked peanut butter, tried it as a kid for the first time and tried again years later......not really a fan of chocolate either....and funnily enough chilli is one dish I`ve never liked either......my sister apparently makes an amazing one......nope, not for me.

mac......haven`t been over to the CB for a bit.....too many experts on everything over there......or think they are...…..and don't forget......bacon today!!!!

How are the cats doing now...…..:cat:

April 1st today..........surely a better month than March?

It`s a dull grey day here and it`s to be colder too. It honestly looks like a miserable November day instead of Spring.

Had a good sleep last night, although did sleep almost upright with the help of a few extra pillows......and Tom being a man, asked why I couldn`t use some of the 954 fancy cushions adorning our bed during the day......darling those are completely decorative!!! There`s that confused look again.......::yes::

Do plan to walk up in the woods again this morning......it`ll be fresh for sure.

Lunch is bacon sandwiches.......my two are having fish and chips for dinner, I`m going to have giant shrimp and parma ham.

But......have a good Wednesday all...........

Oh Schumi, glad to hear feeling a little better. Yeah, my DH does not know why the pillows go off before we go to bed. The decorative ones look nice on the bed, but eh, would not like to sleep on any of them, they are all not the sleeping pillow kind.

Well, phone says rain, radio says sunny. Well, let’s flip the penny, and see who wins. I am at least voting for the radio’s version. And yeah, just because it is now April, we are doing the 50’s temp all week. So that 70’s Spring weather may be not for a couple of weeks. There has been Mays that we had to turn the AC on, and there has been Mays that we thought Winter was still around. But lately, we have had a cooler and wet Spring and Summer. No matter, while we can see snow in April, and the Midwest gets some today, we are not, and have had less than an inch average of snow this Winter, I am thinking we are done with snow, at least until the later Fall.

But no fooling here, though I enjoyed the funnies on the Dis today, thanks Mac for the recommendation. Hump Day it is, so homies, see camel reminder, get over the hump of a day, and well Friday is now two days away. Woot!

AC84C45B-DB07-458A-9EC9-A6353A646796.jpeg

Ooh, time for tea. Hope Schumi has enjoyed at least a cup this morning.

Later homies, and keep those good news stories coming.

5ED94246-AA3D-44D8-8A58-568ACBF2187F.jpeg502501CB-069D-42AF-919E-95D43D7E8CEA.jpeg

No fool like an old fool...stopping by to say hey :).

Continued hugs to the two sickie chickies here. Hope y’all & yours are safe and doing well.

Already handed in my note to the the teacher (Mac) lol. Some annoying complications on the tooth issue cropped up, including reading-induced headaches/vertigo that is finally starting to lesson, ergo my extended absence.

View attachment 484816View attachment 484817

No fool like an old fool...stopping by to say hey :).

Continued hugs to the two sickie chickies here. Hope y’all & yours are safe and doing well.

Already handed in my note to the the teacher (Mac) lol. Some annoying complications on the tooth issue cropped up, including reading-induced headaches/vertigo that is finally starting to lesson, ergo my extended absence.

lol...….I just got the joke :blush::blush::blush: I did have to read it three times before I did though......such a duh moment!!!

Glad to see you post...….

I swear I am overdosing on Netflix!!!! Discovered a show called MindHunters today......only two series, but it`s decent.

Just finished dinner, have an apple crumble in the Aga warming now, did make some custard but I got distracted and......well, it`s inedible...….so when crumble is almost ready will make some more fresh. Think I have enough cream.

Must admit to being slightly worried about one of my closest friends ::yes::......she`s used to her husband working abroad most of the year and only home for short periods of time.......she is struggling......lol......he can`t go back because of where it is he works, so he`s home for a long time.....just the two of them. She said today on Skype she envies how Tom and I can be joined at the hip 24 hours a day.......she`s joining in our online cocktail party Friday.......I think he`s been banished to the other end of their home!!!

Time for crumble........🥧 close enough......🙃

Hi everyone...I would keep trying to come on but found myself getting distracted. The weather here is Sunny today after a few days of rain. We have been alternating cooking and getting take out. I got pizza from one of the restaurants we go too and they thanked me do much for remembering them and giving them some business. It felt good to know that I could help someway. I will cook tonight and tomorrow night then probably take out on Friday. Tonight is pasta and the family can pick what they want to put on top. Tomorrow will be tacos!! Brian is funny in the morning since he is able to work from home for now I ask him what is he wearing today and he smiles and says "jammies" LOL!! It's going to be hard when he has to wear work clothes again.

Liv is really trying to navigate work. I was proud of her. She had a cleaning shift yesterday, which she wants. However, they told her she was going to be a cashier for half the day. Well she got really upset about that. I don't blame her. She came up with a solution, she went to the schedule and found out one of her friends brothers was a cleaning person the same time she was going to be cashier, so she asked him to trade since he likes cashiering better. It worked out good and she solved it herself. She is now worried they are going to do that with the other shifts. She gave up her two cashier shifts this week and will do cleaning ones next week. I understand but told her she needs to keep enough hours to pay her bills. (that doesn't mean I won't help her, but don't want her to depend on it) I am really a stickler on trying to make sure they are independent where I can get it. They are both really good with working and their bills. Now I have to work on Liv with cooking and cleaning. Charlie not so much he will do some cleaning and cooking.

Charlie is working a lot of hours and I decided today I asked him if he would wear a mask. Brian has one of those cheap ones from when you do construction but it is something. We are working on getting some cloth ones and filters. I really think in the next week or so you are going to see the strong recommendations for wearing them. I have to admit I have found myself getting more anxiety about this virus. I usually am really good about stuff like this, even with all my high risks of cancer related risks I don't let it get to me. This is a whole different thing. I think it's because it is more of the unknown and the fact that I am over the hill age!!LOL! I am trying to turn the news off more. Monday night we had a family game night. No TV and it was really nice, it felt more normal. Charlie and I went to Target and they had a buy 2 get one free game so we split them.

Brian took a few days off from working on the house to relax, at this point the reality is we can't go anywhere anytime soon. I have to be honest with myself the hope is the fall but it could be next year. We still want to get ready just in case things fall back into place. The other reality is if Brian ever lost his job we would be ready to move where he could get one. We are very happy with the renovations he is doing a great job. I have to get use to having all my walls on my first floor the same color. I am a different color for each room person.

I followed the cream and jam discussion and I mix the cream and the jam together then spread it!!!

There is a community thread on people sharing information where they are finding those hot ticket items. I have been trying to follow a few leads! LOL

Robo I am so sorry to hear about the tornado and the damage in the area. I hope everything with your house okay!! I am sure you worry about your sister, thank god we have them on the frontline, I will keep her in my thoughts she stays healthy. I love your masks. Brian and I were talking about sewing some, well him he can probably run the sewing machine someone donated to us. I am not so sure how I would do. Congrats to your husband on his car!! I hope you guys enjoy every minute of it. Have a safe trip back home!!

Tink It was so nice to see you check in with us. I hear you on worrying about the catching of it. The teens are really good about coming home and showering. We also have a small special UV light set up and Brian zaps their clothing in the mudroom before washing. I am sorry you will have to miss HHN, but I understand. We are putting so much money into the house because we were suppose to sell and move in a couple of months. I deicded that if we are still here in September we will go to Unviersal. It will be Charlie's grad gift, I feel so bad for him with missing out on senior year. I hope everything works out with your home renovations. Be careful while you are working and I hope you are feeling better.

Sue Hi yes he did the next day talk to one of the managers. She understood and told him she would talk to the man. She made sure to let Charlie know she would do it in a way that would not have him be susupected. She mentioned she has had to do this with others also. I don't understand, this isn't a young kid, and no matter what age people need to respect other people. It sounds like you have nice friends and neighbors to walk with. We don't have that kind of relationship in my area, however I have told Brian I would like to start getting out walking in my area more. It is good mentally and physically. Brian and I usually look forward to the spring and out local 6 flags for lots of walking all day! We are going to miss that! I have only had my life insurance agent come to the house the rest over the phone. I hope it all worked out, and I hope you continue to have nice weather for your walks. OMG I love Chris Cuomo and watch him every night and adding Andrew with some comedy has been great. They are getting a lot of attention and some area suggesting they should do it more often or make a show. At times like this we need more laughter.

Pumpkin I am glad that your mom is feeling better and your aunt and uncle are too. I am glad that you are happy with your school system and teachers. I am sure your son will get what he needs to have a successful senior year. Our teachers here are doing good, as far as I know at least on the high school level. I totally understand how you feel about the mixed feelings with working and being safe. I am worried with the teens every day then when Brian has to report back to the office that will be worse. I like your idea about your door and people leaving things. Stay safe and healthy. I hope your trip plans work out, we all need those trips when this is over.

K star how great that you are a teacher. I was a substitute teacher and tutor for many years in our district. I left it when Liv went to middle school but still worked in the system. It got to much for me with the disrespect where I was from the kids. Liv keeps showing me all her posts of people she went to HS with hanging out like there is nothing going on. My two go to work then come home and that is it. I am very strict on keeping to the social distancing. I agree sometimes you need to have drastic measures. How nice you have a beach close by, I would love that! I hope everything works out with the schooling and you really do need to find time to rest it won't help anyone if you don't feel good. I can't imagine having to do all that at home for now. Our friend goes to Legoland with his kids every year and they love it. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cam sorry you had a stressful day, I can relate. I am sure there are going to be more states going till the end of May at least. The models are all showing we need to do that to keep the numbers down, it is going to be hard and I think a lot of people (including me) are going to have to work hard at not getting depressed. I am sorry about your feeling about DH's work, Brian works for DCF here (IT security manager) but he is essential. Right now he is able to work from home but his boss already told him be ready to rotate in for the help desk. It has been nice to only have to worry about 2 out of the house. I understand migraines I have been getting them for about 25 years, they have let up a little but are awful. Glad you are feeling better. I love chicken salad on sanwhiches nice choice. I usually don't drink but even I had a little wine the other night!

Mcrose the teens got a paper from Target about them being an essential employee. Our city is reporting how many, and the ages of the people and that is something. I like to keep an eye on the number. I am in central CT about an hour from NY city but only 40 minutes to our hot zone near NY city. Our state numbers are climbing and we are a small state so I am hoping the hospitals can keep up. I liked what I heard from our Govenor today on what is being done. I really am looking forwrad to moving to Florida (one day at this point) but I am glad I am here now. We have some really good hospitals so I have some confidence with that.
I agree with you places need to shut down for two weeks none of this one day stuff. Acutally they were doing that here with the state agencies but now they are just closing offices indefitnely. I hope you and your family stay safe.

Schumi I enjoyed your memes today. My favorite today was Picard LOL! It's funny because Brian is very smart but also is one of those people that has lots of useless knowledge. The teens go to him a lot but when it comes to 80's music and movies he gives me credit where credit is due!!! LOL! I hear you on propping up and not on the decorative pillows. About 2 years ago we bought the adjustable bed frames, best investment especially when recovering from surgery. I have been sleeping in that sit up position for weeks now, but it helps. I am glad that you are sleeping good and better every day! Charlie made a stir fry Monday night, it was so good I am proud of him I enjoy a good one too. Glad your family in NY are doing well. The pies sound amazing, we love chicken pot pie here. I have to say my mouth waters when I hear about your meals! Enjoy your walks.

Lynne Congrats on the savings! What week are you going now? Taco bell as a snack is always good! I love their nachos but I am specific on what I put on them. I can't wait for the 70's weather, I really can't wait for the 80's. Beef and broccoli is good, I have put red meat on hold so I would substitute chicken which is always good. Thanks for the kitty memes, I can so relate with my cats. Speaking of cats one of my cats decided to brush up against Brian's wet trim. She is an all black cat. She looks good with white highlights!!

Charade Glad that your toilet got fixed right away! Brian did all of our painting, with the Charlie and one of their friends. I agree unless it was a necessity I wouldn't want people in my house right now. Sorry your work is crazy but glad for you knowing you will have job security. Chili is always a big hit here, one of their favorite dishes I make. I even won a contest at Brian's work for best chili! I got a golden spoon! I am glad B liked your chili now it's funny how things happen. My DH doesn't do much with the TV he usually leaves on what I want accept if he is falling asleep downstairs at night then he likes his stuff. Oh we watch Forged in Fire LOL!!
I always liked dipping hershey bars in my peanut butter!! I like smooth the best!

Mac I hope you are feeling better and the kitty is doing okay with the teeth extraction. I watched WD on Sunday and I agree it was one of the better episodes lately. It is going to stink having to wait for the finale. I am thinking of trying the new spinoff. I am glad to see you posting, and I hoped you enjoyed Taco Tuesday yesterday!

Damo Congrats on the babies coming!! Yes I hope we will be back to normal soon. I agree your little one sounds hilarious, I miss those days!! I am with you I say scones like tone!!

Buckeev Sorry the birthday trip is being postponed, I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling sad about any part of it. I understand how it is hard to keep the stability with Gage with all the uncertainty. Right now with Liv there is not to much going on, but with the uncertainty with us moving to Florida this summer and her attending college there is starting to throw her off. Hoping we all can get some certainty soon. Good luck with helping Gage! That is great about your mom doing the sewing, I know it can really help you mentally when you feel you can do something to help others.

Keisha Lol!! I have a cat that would be like that!! Sorry to hear that you had some complications with your tooth infection, but I am glad you are feeling a little better. Nice to see you checking in.

:wave: to all the SANS family who hasn't checked in. I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

@bobbie68 So nice of you to say! It is such a juggling act! Its also because I have to turn my mind off as well. My daughter keeps waking during the night so that doesn't help, but as I am about to go to sleep, my mind starts racing about the following day and what I have to get done.

So our Governor is saying that the NY apex could be at the end of April.....let's hope not....

In case anyone can’t sleep and wants to drop by later, will leave the porch light on.

Schumi can turn it off when she comes in when her morning begins.

I hope she brings bacon.

@KStarfish82 thats amazing news about DH coworkers mom! In her 90’s!

@schumigirl I’m definitely in the jam first then cream! Lol.
After hearing that about Tiger King I don’t think I can watch. I have a hard time watching animal stories at the best of times.

@Lynne G I think I’ll have to make a taco salad! Even if it’s not on Taco Tuesday!

@damo you’re to funny with Scawns or ScOnes!
Congrats on the new additions coming to your family.

@schumigirl yesterday was a friends birthday so our group did a birthday drink Together on Zoom!
I know we’re going to have to cancel our May weekend getaway.

@Pumpkin1172 our schools are closed to but staff is in and I think they’re trying to figure out if they can do some online things with the students.
Yes to butter on toast then peanut butter lol!
Glad to hear your mom is feeling better. Hope your Aunt & Uncle will be ok. 12! It’s scary how fast this virus spreads.
Supposed to be 7c here tomorrow. I’d never survive in your neck of the woods.

@Charade67 we’ve been to the Tampa Busch Gardens twice. Enjoyed it.
I do butter & peanut butter on toast lol! And sometimes drizzle honey on top!

@macraven I’ve never went to the community board. I’ve been enjoying some of the funny Memes on the pass holder FB page. Some of the ones recreated rides at home are hilarious. Especially the POTC one!

@keishashadow oh, that doesn’t sound good. Feel better soon.

@Bobbie glad both kids are working out their work situations.
Yes, I’m fortunate to have great neighbours that are also good friends. It’s a close knit neighbourhood, and it would be unusual to walk and not run into several friends. Most of us have lived here for years and met when our kids were in preschool or kindergarten or Girl Guides!

@macraven thanks for leaving the light on for me! It’s now gone midnight here in the west. Hope I can get to sleep.

bobbie…...Liv sounds as if she is doing really well, despite some challenges. She`ll do ok......and lol....can I give a shock horror of mixing the cream and the jam together......:eek::eek:……..never heard that one before!!!!!

I`m a bit of a saddo when it comes to 80`s trivia....but it`s so much fun. I need to think on getting a quiz organised on zoom one night.....although I hate being the quizmaster as I want to answer them as I ask them...….lol.....not really ideal!!!! One of the husbands is perfect for asking questions.....he`ll do it...….

Kfish.....things do look bleak for NY right now......hope you get a better sleep soon, it`s got to be such a stressful time for all.

mac......thanks for the light left on!! Always appreciate that.....

Sue....yes, couldn`t watch. Anything where they have wild animals of any kind performing for an audience and I`m out. Although the story is an interesting one away from the animals.

It`s amazing what excites us right now. I have a shopping delivery coming next Thursday the 9th.....but had been trying to book a slot for the following week.....nothing......but perseverance won out and I managed to get a slot for the 16th too!!! Made my night getting things ordered.......I think we should be ok as we have plenty at home, but in two weeks it`ll be nice to know we have more coming. I think the stores are saying panic buying is mostly in check right now, which is good to hear. We just bought our normal where we could and got most from local stores and suppliers.

Anything to avoid actually having to line up to get into a grocery store.

Slept great last night......right through till 7.30....that`s a late morning for me. Enjoying the last few days before Kyle starts working from home......so our office will be out of bounds during the day.......he had to have a private area to be able to work from home. Think he`ll miss going into the office for the social side for sure.

Today is a quiet one. Lunch is grilled sandwiches......turkey, bacon and brie for me and plain grilled cheese with ham for them. Dinner is chicken breasts and I`ll make a pepper sauce again, not sure on the potatoes.......maybe roasted.

Trying to think about vacations, but it just doesn`t seem right just yet......spoke to a friend the other day and they said the same thing, it`s a little alien right now thinking of that.

But, Thursday again.........

Fliss…...this one is for you...….:rotfl:

And a hearty Good Morning to ya all. Seems laptop is working on its updates, and has yet to say I’m ready. Sigh. But yay! A thirsty Thursday is here, and drinking a favorite beverage is encouraged today.

Yay! Schumi has a good night and happily got the slot for delivery. Sounds like improvements in your health, and hope you are over feeling sick shortly.

Kfish, so busy are you and oh, so many I send my good wishes to. I have to say, even though my kids are adults now, when little, they were some of the most fun and some a little not so fun times. Enjoy the time you do have fun when they are young, And hope you got a good night sleep, without interruptions.

Sue, yeah, we are still flirting in the 50’sF this week, and today 25 to 35mph winds. I’d say a Winnie the Pooh day;

86720AEE-7787-4CD5-BFAB-761BD2601DCB.gif

Well, with that said, time for some routine tea. And to all the homies:

4C08F734-0E76-449E-A88E-B1F5CB297D69.png ::yes::

Morning SANs homies,

A very chilly start today, in the 30's but sunny. It's supposed to get up near 50 so that's not too bad.

Thing have taken a turn here and we have a lot of cases in my city. Found out last night there are 2 positive cases in hubby's building. LOTS of people are scared and have just walked out today. They're trying to figure out what to do with the work and if they have to go down to one shift. They had already eliminated third shift on Monday. People are terrified. Hubby was not around those two who tested positive, but there are many, many call outs from the past week and others tested so we just don't know. And apparently there's a lag in test results and communication because the two positive cases were tested two weeks ago! That means they didn't get the results in time to quarantine everyone else around them. This system is not working and we need those 15 minutes tests to get out asap.

I've mentioned the issue we're having with NY people coming in and I was privy to a phone call on Tuesday with... lets just say "people in the know" in our city. Things are not good here. I'm not trying to be prejudice against people who live in NY or NJ as a lot of my family does live in those areas, but they are still coming here in droves... bringing the virus with them. One of our testing sites did 74 swabs on Sunday and 51 of them weren't from our area! They're depleting our resources. They're cramming families of 12 into a half double, violating occupancy and fire codes and spreading the virus to their families who are in turn passing it to people at work.

I also found out that our actual numbers are higher than reported, because when someone tests positive from another state, like NY or NJ, their result goes on their states records as positives. They are diagnosed here, using resources here, hospitalized here, quarantined here.... yet they're not counted here? Florida health department lists all non residents who are positive. We're not.

DH's coworker's mother has it (she is in her 90s) and she is probably being released from the hospital tomorrow. We need more stories like these to show us that positive outcomes!
That is wonderful! We need to hear more of these recovery cases. It bothers me that our state health department doesn't show the number of cases recovered. They only have columns for positive, negative, and deaths. We need to see more hope and maybe people wouldn't be freaking out so much.
mrose, yes, it`s not the worst idea to check temps when folks come into buildings to work......I know a temp isn`t always present, but if it stops one person who may not know they have it wandering around folks then it`s a help.
It's a start. The latest studies show you can be contagious a few days before you have symptoms, but usually a fever is present first. I don't think people are taking their temps on their own. My husband is taking his temp twice a day, and he's sleeping in our spare bedroom for now just to keep us safe.
Good news for my nephews wife, she tested negative, so can get back to nursing on Thursday......so far nephew is good too.
That's great news!
But, going to a virtual cocktail party on Friday night....8 of us will get online together and each do a cocktail
That is such a great idea I may have to "borrow" it! Have fun! And if anyone is making mojitos (my favorite!) tell them to have an extra one for me.
Thank you for all the well wishes for my Mom. I talked to her last night. She seems to be doing good. Starting to feel more like herself more and more. My aunt and uncle also tested positive for the virus ( my mom's sister and her dh ) They were travelling together and caught it from someone at the memorial service. I think the number of people that contracted it from that one person is at 12 now...and that's just from the immediate family that we know of. There could be more now. Both my aunt and uncle are doing well too!
Great news about your mom, aunt and uncle! I love hearing the positive stories.
I agree with you places need to shut down for two weeks none of this one day stuff. Acutally they were doing that here with the state agencies but now they are just closing offices indefitnely. I hope you and your family stay safe.
They're only closing to sanitize, either for a whole day or for a few hours, or even just the area the person was in. Then they open right back up. Lots of places are complaining to osha. One place, a clothing distribution center, closes every other day now, to clean because another employee tested positive. Then they open right back up. Why is a clothing distribute open in the first place? I understand clothing is a "life sustaining" item. But it's not like people don't already have clothing to wear and no one is running around naked. There's no reason at all they can't close for two weeks to get ahead of the spread there. And no one is shutting them down.
Another distribution center has 7 cases and they won't shut down for a deep clean. It's corporate greed, pure and simple. And workers are disposable, apparently.

One positive light.... an area bar just lost their liquor license because they wouldn't close. At least they are cracking down somewhere.

Stay safe!

Ah, so uneven in our state, McK. Hang in there, and hope your DH does not have the virus.

We are still on telework for the long haul. As of today, no end date, and with news of a worker testing positive going into the building I work in, so building getting a second deep cleaning. Eh. We are staying home for the ling haul as well.

Hey, DisneyLife. Hope all is well at home.

Snack time? Maybe. Cofffee too.

Good morning!

Just finished the online learning with the kids, now they have to do their work for the day.

Someone mentioned something about the figures....they can be very deceiving. First off, NY is reported to have 84K people who have confirmed cases...but that number is lower than it should be because those with milder symptoms are not, or are not allowed, to be tested. And the recovery rates are extremely flawed. We hear about the ones that have been under medical care either passing or recovering. So what about those who get tested, come back positive, but just go home to recover. We assume that they recovered, but it is not counted in the stats.

I need to get to the store this weekend and I am dreading it!

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

62B38218-BF85-4315-B0AE-71CFB2CBCB52.jpeg
We have been alternating cooking and getting take out. I got pizza from one of the restaurants we go too and they thanked me do much for remembering them and giving them some business. I
Last week DH picked up food pre his 4-12 shift. He didn’t want to eat ‘anything good’ in front of me. Challenging to chew with just front teeth i’m Finding lol

Anyway, he talked me into ordering Red Robin on saturday. I always get a teriyaki burger, a no go now, wah. I went with the fries which are always yummy and soft enough for me to enjoy Will say tho, the chili was one of the worst looking and tasting gloppy messes i’ve Ever seen.

Thinking of trying one of the FF places today as this afternoon will be spent outside setting up an air track in yard for the kiddo. Best i can figure it out looks like a giant air mattress you practice gymnastics upon.
I have a shopping delivery coming next Thursday the 9th.....but had been trying to book a slot for the following week.....nothing......but perseverance won out and I managed to get a slot for the 16th too!!!
I’ve managed to snag 2 pickups. Delivery, even from Walmart & Whole Foods, hasn’t been available since early March here. Hoping to score one pre Easter but do have the basic stuff on hand already
Trying to think about vacations, but it just doesn`t seem right just yet......spoke to a friend the other day and they said the same thing, it`s a little alien right now thinking of that.
I’m trying to not think about travel, period. Afraid to jinx things
I've mentioned the issue we're having with NY people coming in and I was privy to a phone call on Tuesday with... lets just say "people in the know" in our city.
Ergo why canada closed the border, just not soon enough.

FL got a real shaft...cruisers embarking, spring break crowds and countless NYC residents...all sharing the luv, ugh
but that number is lower than it should be because those with milder symptoms are not, or are not allowed, to be tested. And the recovery rates are extremely flawed.
They need the antigen test ready sooner vs later so that those who have recovered can get back to work.

I am having a REAL respect for teachers moment. GD started online school. Not the materials being an issue, it’s the technology part of initial set up & navigation of the program.

Google classroom is beyond confusing & glitchy. Not sure if the servers are overwhelmed or not but it is excruciatingly slow. I understand the need for enhanced security/additional browser & other add on downloads needed but was surprised it took me most of a day to get things up & running for GD.

I am questioning where the level of compliance will fall, especially for those households that have little experience with navigating the net. Nice gesture, Verizon, to their credit, helped out in the nearby rural districts that don’t have internet coverage in all areas with free hubs for the kids.

Here in Georgia we finally will have a ten day restriction which starts Friday for shelter at home.

But it is to be lifted ten days later and I’m not sure if that will be implemented.
I hope it will be reevaluated if our state numbers increase.
Situation will constantly be changing as more virus info is discovered.

Not a lot of medical providers once you are away from major cities here.
Next largest city in northern Ga outside of Atlanta and suburbs is downstate

My town is about 3200 peeps but near a town of 10,000 so have a choice of grocery stores and eateries there.
No problems with getting food or essentials.
Have no run on bread or toilet paper. Lol

Many rural areas here with small populations scattered throughout our state and have more large cities (75,000 and less) middle and south of the state.

Gas prices in some parts of Tn are $1.49 but the best I could do in my area of GA is $1.70
All due to state taxes and of the states.

I have a feeling the head of my state won’t be re-elected
5947 reported with the virus and 172 dead so far And it’s still climbing
I know of 5 in my area that is positive for covid but only 4 listed on our county reports.
Testing in my area is not available to all.

But living in No. GA is where my home and heart is and here I will stay.

And my plans for the Darkside is still etched in stone for September.

Later this summer if you make plans to hit UO, give me a shout out or pm so we can do a mini meet!
Would enjoy putting a face with a name and get to know youse!

Hope all are doing well and and staying in good spirits.

If any of you are unable to get any supplies in your area, let me know.
It’s possible my area may have what you are trying to get and I can send you a care package.

We are all in this pandemic together.

Today is day 4 of our 71 day stay at home order. Other than going to work, I have stayed home. Although, I did do curbside pick up at Chick Fil A today for lunch. We have 6 cases in our city however, I have no idea if they have recovered or not since they don't seem to be very forthcoming with that information. They are not reporting any deaths in my city, thank goodness.

DH's work had 3 more cases today. One was worker on one of the aircraft carriers so I am sure that will spread like wildfire since it is such close quarters.

I am going to try to get up early tomorrow and go shopping for groceries. I don't have high expectations for the shelves to be stocked but I will go take a peek.

I finally got around to making my banana bread last night. It turned out nice. Had some for breakfast this morning.

Our local Chinese takeout is closed so Panda Express for dinner....not the same.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter