Spring Advantage 2012

What was your role? :rotfl:

My role was QSFB in Magic Kingdom at Tomorrowland Terrace/ Tortuga Tavern/ and Cosmic Rays.

How efficient are the buses? Like is there always long waits and stuff? I'm not applying with any of my friends so I'm like nervous that I'll have a hard time making friends when I get down there. I'm like very open and friendly so I'm hoping to make friends tho!
Some buses run every half an hour but most buses to the parks run about every fifteen minutes. The resort buses run less frequently. Don't worry about making friends. I was there alone last program and didn't know anyone. I made so many great friends down there and some of us from last program are reapplying. You will become semi close with your roommates but your real family will be made with the people you work with. They are vital to having a good experience. the best advice I can give you is to take nothing personal. You will have good days and there will be horrible days but in the end your fellow castmembers will become like family.

My role was QSFB in Magic Kingdom at Tomorrowland Terrace/ Tortuga Tavern/ and Cosmic Rays.

Some buses run every half an hour but most buses to the parks run about every fifteen minutes. The resort buses run less frequently. Don't worry about making friends. I was there alone last program and didn't know anyone. I made so many great friends down there and some of us from last program are reapplying. You will become semi close with your roommates but your real family will be made with the people you work with. They are vital to having a good experience. the best advice I can give you is to take nothing personal. You will have good days and there will be horrible days but in the end your fellow castmembers will become like family.

Interesting........

Good advice about "not taking things personally".

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, everyone says that it's really easy to make friends, so I'm not so worried about it anymore. I'm just so torn with the car situation, I feel like I would want a car down there, but I've heard the buses really aren't that bad. Are you doing QSFB again for the Spring 2012?

Yeah, everyone says that it's really easy to make friends, so I'm not so worried about it anymore. I'm just so torn with the car situation, I feel like I would want a car down there, but I've heard the buses really aren't that bad. Are you doing QSFB again for the Spring 2012?

Seriously try and bring a car.

Hey guys!! I'm planning on applying too! My top choice is definitely merchandise. I'm working retail now to get me through school and it's pretty fun but I think it will be super fun in disney world. :goodvibes None of my friends will be applying but hopefully I can make friends easily since I'll be bringing my car. Lol. Does anyone know if we can request places we want to work? I would love love love tatooine traders.

Hey guys!! I'm planning on applying too! My top choice is definitely merchandise. I'm working retail now to get me through school and it's pretty fun but I think it will be super fun in disney world. :goodvibes None of my friends will be applying but hopefully I can make friends easily since I'll be bringing my car. Lol. Does anyone know if we can request places we want to work? I would love love love tatooine traders.

From what I understand, you can tell them any preferences you have but there are no guarantees. I'm not applying with any friends either, so don't worry, you're not the only one! I'll be your friend!:yay: I'm hoping to be bringing my car as well, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to or not. Have you done the CP before?

From what I understand, you can tell them any preferences you have but there are no guarantees. I'm not applying with any friends either, so don't worry, you're not the only one! I'll be your friend!:yay: I'm hoping to be bringing my car as well, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to or not. Have you done the CP before?
Nope!! I've thought about it before but haven't done it :p The way I have my college schedule set up I'll have no classes to take in the spring so I figured why not go to Disney!!! :wizard: Hopefully I'll get accepted. I keep reading that it's getting more and more competitive.

Nope!! I've thought about it before but haven't done it :p The way I have my college schedule set up I'll have no classes to take in the spring so I figured why not go to Disney!!! :wizard: Hopefully I'll get accepted. I keep reading that it's getting more and more competitive.

I feel like depending on what role people want, they're looking for something specific. Everyone has a different reason for wanting to work for Disney. The web interview seems like it trips a lot of people up (including myself!) but from what I can see, once you get past that, you have the opportunity to really present yourself and make your case, so to speak, on your phone interview. That's when Disney gets the best taste of who you really are. I've applied before, but I didn't pass the web interview, so that's the only thing I'm nervous about!

I feel like depending on what role people want, they're looking for something specific. Everyone has a different reason for wanting to work for Disney. The web interview seems like it trips a lot of people up (including myself!) but from what I can see, once you get past that, you have the opportunity to really present yourself and make your case, so to speak, on your phone interview. That's when Disney gets the best taste of who you really are. I've applied before, but I didn't pass the web interview, so that's the only thing I'm nervous about!
What's the web interview like? Just a whole bunch of questions?

What's the web interview like? Just a whole bunch of questions?

It's A LOT of questions. It takes a while to take it, but you have to be patient. You don't want to rush that. There's multiple choice questions, and also some questions that give statements and then you have to rate the degree by which you agree. I can't remember any specifics off the top of my head, but just take your time with it. It's all questions about how you work, are you on time, what would you do if___..., that sort of thing.:thumbsup2

Seriously try and bring a car.

I agree! I didn't have a car when I was there and I really wish I did. Yeah it's convenient that they have buses, but on the days I had to be at work by 6:30, I had to catch a special bus at 5 and get to work thirty minutes before my shift started, or else I would be a minute late (which gets you half a point on your record card.)

Plus carrying heavy groceries is no fun. It just makes it a lot easier having a car. And you'll be the one that everyone wants to be friends with because you can drive them around! :cool1:

I agree! I didn't have a car when I was there and I really wish I did. Yeah it's convenient that they have buses, but on the days I had to be at work by 6:30, I had to catch a special bus at 5 and get to work thirty minutes before my shift started, or else I would be a minute late (which gets you half a point on your record card.)

Plus carrying heavy groceries is no fun. It just makes it a lot easier having a car. And you'll be the one that everyone wants to be friends with because you can drive them around! :cool1:

Yeah I think I'm going to bring my car. I drive a van so I'm sure my roomies will love that! :) And I don't want to have to get up any earlier then I have to for an early morning shift!

Time is going by so fast! Soon we will all be able to apply! I'm applying as soon as I can and watching the e-presentation. I've already been to two campus presentations. I'm ready to just get going!:wizard:

I'm nervous about the web interview as well. I applied for the program last semester but I didn't pass the web interview. I made a note of the first day they said I could reapply, so I'm like counting down the days!! I've been researching what people say about the WBI and so far, most people say try not to answer neutral on too many questions, which is what I did the last time and probably why I didn't pass.

Where do you go to school, what do you study?

Opps! I know you wrote this forever ago, I guess my sub to the thread did not go through. And I've been really busy with my show that just got done last night.

I've heard about the not answering neutral too. I will have to keep that in mind.

I go to HOPE in MI. I am a technical theatre major with Stage Management Emphasis. I also have an accounting minor.

It was always my dream when I was younger to be a part of the beauty and the beast show in DHS. When I was 9 I wanted to be Belle. Now at 21 I'd love to be the stage manager or even just a stage hand :) I know those positions wouldn't be available through the college program. But I can dream for after my program is over :)

Opps! I know you wrote this forever ago, I guess my sub to the thread did not go through. And I've been really busy with my show that just got done last night.

I've heard about the not answering neutral too. I will have to keep that in mind.

I go to HOPE in MI. I am a technical theatre major with Stage Management Emphasis. I also have an accounting minor.

It was always my dream when I was younger to be a part of the beauty and the beast show in DHS. When I was 9 I wanted to be Belle. Now at 21 I'd love to be the stage manager or even just a stage hand :) I know those positions wouldn't be available through the college program. But I can dream for after my program is over :)

You sound like me! I'm a theatre performer, so I have the utmost respect for you stage managers! You make our shows happen! Maybe one day at Disney we will meet working on a show together! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter