Spring Advantage 2012

It's already...

awesome.png
!!!!

... How time has flown. I only joined in April, but have gleaned so much great info from the community here.

Quite excellent, exciting times ahead. :thumbsup2

A question if I may: As a first time applicant, I don't have the benefit of the 'early' apps on the 16th(?); the official site indicates "early September" as the ETA for general apps. Does anyone have any logical estimates on when that would be?
Thank you!

Someone from the CP said early September last year, but they were wrong and apps came out in August. So let's hope for the same this year!!!

You sound like me! I'm a theatre performer, so I have the utmost respect for you stage managers! You make our shows happen! Maybe one day at Disney we will meet working on a show together! :woohoo:

That would be awesome if we got to do a show together at Disney.

Also I have a question about when to apply.
I'm going to Disney World from Aug 13 to 20! I'm really excited!! :banana:
If apps come out on the 16th do you think it will hurt my chances at all to apply say the 21st instead??
I don't mind paying for 1 day of internet at Disney. But I’d rather wait until I got home. Will 5 days make any difference? :confused3

Thanks for any advice anyone can give!

That would be awesome if we got to do a show together at Disney.

Also I have a question about when to apply.
I'm going to Disney World from Aug 13 to 20! I'm really excited!! :banana:
If apps come out on the 16th do you think it will hurt my chances at all to apply say the 21st instead??
I don't mind paying for 1 day of internet at Disney. But I’d rather wait until I got home. Will 5 days make any difference? :confused3

Thanks for any advice anyone can give!

I really don't think it would give you any less chances of making it whether you apply the first day or towards the last day. As long as you get in in during the correct time span, I think you'll be fine :thumbsup2

It's already...

awesome.png
!!!!

... How time has flown. I only joined in April, but have gleaned so much great info from the community here.

Quite excellent, exciting times ahead. :thumbsup2

A question if I may: As a first time applicant, I don't have the benefit of the 'early' apps on the 16th(?); the official site indicates "early September" as the ETA for general apps. Does anyone have any logical estimates on when that would be?
Thank you!

Yeah, I want to say that the applications will be out in late August. From all the research I've done (and it's been a lot!) it seems to me like they will be out before August ends. So I would start watching for them towards the end of the month.:woohoo:

I really don't think it would give you any less chances of making it whether you apply the first day or towards the last day. As long as you get in in during the correct time span, I think you'll be fine :thumbsup2

I applied two months after apps opened, they couldn't wait to give me a spot. My old roommate had in the recruiters words "One of the last interviews" on like April 21st and still got in to Fall Advantage. It doesn't matter at all at what point in the process you interview as long as they're still open.

I applied two months after apps opened, they couldn't wait to give me a spot. My old roommate had in the recruiters words "One of the last interviews" on like April 21st and still got in to Fall Advantage. It doesn't matter at all at what point in the process you interview as long as they're still open.

Yeah that's what I figured. I know for me i'm applying the second i can only because i hate the waiting process!:rotfl2:

Everyone on the group is guessing sometime between August 19th and the 21st/22nd for applications.

Well, hope you don't end up in the 100+ days pended group lol.

I know I will freak out if I end up in the 100+ days pended group.
Since I'm graduating in Dec. I need to have a plan haha.
And now Disney is the plan. If I get pended I will have no idea what to do!

So what are the advanatages and disadvantages of being part of this program? Is it for all students with all majors or specific majors, and do you have to be experienced to be part of it?
SOrry for the questions, I heard this program through my campus job fair.

So what are the advanatages and disadvantages of being part of this program? Is it for all students with all majors or specific majors, and do you have to be experienced to be part of it?
SOrry for the questions, I heard this program through my campus job fair.

All you need to be taking is one college credit to do this program. Any major can do it. Basically, it's a paid internship. Some schools give college credit, others don't. The program also offers classes in addition to working that will provide you with skills and knowledge for your future. It's an amazing opportunity, especially if you want to work for Disney one day, like me princess: You can look on the website, wdwcollegeprogram.com and it has everything on there you need to know:thumbsup2

So from what I can understand, applications for the Spring and Spring Advantage programs should be out on or around August 20th! :cheer2: Less than two weeks!

What is the 100+ days pended group?

Some people hear within a couple of weeks that they have been accepted and some people hear within a couple of weeks that they have not been accepted and some people hear within a couple of weeks that their status is pending. Then it is a painful wait until they hear one way or another.

I am hoping that since the DL applications for the Fall are live, WDW ones will be up right around the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter