Spur of the moment trip,,,,,, Live TR with pics.

taken this am

001-5.jpg

015-1.jpg

013-3.jpg

When we travel to Disney, we tend to keep pretty busy. Your pictures remind me how nice it is to slow down and enjoy the atmosphere. I'm thinking that our next trip should have a day or two of hitting some of the resorts and kicking back.

B/fast at Wolfgang's ( been there so much we are on a first name basis).

017-2.jpg

Hitch hiker on the buggy

020-2.jpg

A slide within a slideout

049.jpg

051.jpg

cool decoration

052.jpg

These ANNOYING little speed bumps are now at the end of each loop.

053.jpg

You really feel them in a golf cart.

Also here following along--very jealous as we are not coming to the fort in 2011 because all of our time and money has been devoted to college football this season.

Really enjoying your TR and pics. Have fun for us too.

Love college football and WDW!

Well, testtubes, it was money well spent for you. LSU has a great team this year. Hopefully a visit to the Fort is in your future though.

Bama ED :cheer2:

Wonderful morning to all you Friends of the Fort !!

Had a Fantasmic day yesterday and am headed into a Merry Magical Monday !!! :banana:

The weather is spose to pert near perfect today and tomorrow,(your welcome.)

Coupl'a things I've noticed while here, I have looked everywhere, and Disney doesn't sell a "Mickey Taser" . Can you imagine what a great Christmas gift this would be ?!?! You could use it to keep your kids in line,, persuade your spouse that "YES they are gonna take you back to Disney!",, or you can use it for our own "in home defibrillator",,or jump start your green electric car,,
oh yeah, and you could even use it for protection !!

And a quick way to make a few xtra $$bucks,,,go early to the parking lots at DTD on the weekend,, walk around the stores,, once it gets busy go back to your car,,hold up a sign that reads
"Space Available, $20. or Best Offer" ,,folk will bid on your space.:thumbsup2

And I also noticed a lotta Scouts here at the Fort this past weekend,,Cub Scouts,, Boy Scouts,, even some Girl Scouts. It got me to thinking, what we need is scouting for the rednecks and we can call'em "Bubba Scouts" !:woohoo: Yeah, that's the Ticket,,Bubba Scouts !! (Oh yeah, theres gonna be more on that from me when we get back to reality, (ya'll be watch'n for it).

Did a little fish'n yesterday. caught a few not on the big side but pretty swimmers none the less.
I have seen a lot more folk fishing the Fort this trip then I have ever seen before, and thats a good thing, it almost seemed as if fishing was gonna be a lost form of entertainment but this is very encouraging to see. Specially when with all the young people/children fish'n and learning how to fish. And what better place to fish than the Fort !
One of my favorite things to say to my friends back homeis,
"I went to Disney World and caught a fish !"

I hope ya'll hava great a day as we are about to have !!

Great, great pics and great live trip report. I'm really missing the Fort.

To all you Friends of the Fort, I wanna be the first to wish ya'll a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidayz !!! :santa:

Yesterday was another awesome day at the Happiest Place on earth ! Weather was absolutely gorgeous !! And from the perspective of the fur baby, it was a 2 Armadillo, 17 squirrel & 1 hawk sitt'n onna fence post morning,, a very good morning indeed.

Fished a little around the Campground yesterday. I caught a very large heavy swimmer and 2 on the small size but extremely beautiful that glistened with the colors of a rainbow in the warm shining sun.
And of course Denise won't let me forget about her,, uh, I mean, we can't forget about Denise's 9 monster size fish that she did great battle with. (what ever, :rolleyes1)

JUST KIDDING !! I mean about the jealous part, she really did catch abuncha monster fish yesterday, real beauties !!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Went to see the Oborne Lights last night. In fact, while DHS isn't completely decked out in it's Christmas attire, you'll find it's the closest thing to "Christmas" on Disney property right now. Even MVMCP wasn't close to being this Christmassy right now.
But the lights were more then very cool, the music awesome, they played new music and music from some of my favorites, Dean, and Bing, and Andy and other greats,,very cool, :santa::santa:

Not sure what today is gonna bring our way , but if it's Smuckers then it's gotta be good !
no, wait, that ain't right,,I mean, if it's Disney, then it's gotta be good !

Talk atcha later, gotta go find some more Pixie Dust!

OK I am kind of a dunce here. Who is / was the Osborne family? I keep getting these images of Ozzy in a Santa suit and am guessing that is not right.

OK I am kind of a dunce here. Who is / was the Osborne family? I keep getting these images of Ozzy in a Santa suit and am guessing that is not right.

Ozzy in a Santa suit - ew-w-w-w:sick:

Here an excerpt from the WDWinfo site about the history of the lights --

As the story goes, Arkansas resident Jennings Osborne and his family were very big on the Holidays. In 1986, Jennings asked his youngest daughter Breezy what her Christmas wish was. She replied that she would like to see their whole house covered in lights. They had quite a large house but Jennings was determined to make his daughter's Christmas dream come true. That first year the Osborne family covered their home with a modest 1000 red lights. With each passing year, the family wanted to do more. The Osbornes eventually purchased property adjacent to their own in order to expand on their newfound hobby.

The display grew to millions of lights. There were flashing lights, multi-colored lights, custom-made light sculptures and a 75-foot Christmas tree adorned by lights. This drew onlookers from all over Arkansas. Displeased by the resulting traffic jams, the local residents asked that the Osborne family stop the annual display. Legal intervention was sought, and it appeared that the Osborne's beloved tradition was about to come to an end. When Mickey Mouse got word of this, he offered a venue where the Osborne lights could be shared with visitors from around the globe. In 1995, Residential Street at the Disney's Hollywood Studios became the home of this dazzling light show. Approximately 80% of the lights that are on display come from the original Osborne collection.

In 2003, Residential Street began undergoing a major renovation in preparation of the new stunt show scheduled to open in 2005. For the first time in 8 years, the Osborne lights were not displayed. Fortunately, a new home was found for this magical attraction. The Streets of America (formerly New York Street) is now hosting the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

As in years past, once evening descends, this amazing display springs to life. Formerly drab buildings become twinkling light sculptures, while a host of angels fly overhead. Visitors are welcome to stroll through at their own pace. With over 4 Million Christmas lights, this is not to be missed. To enhance the experience, Florida "snow" flutters down while Christmas tunes fill the air.

Admission to the display is free with admission to the park, and it's a MUST SEE if you're visiting Walt Disney World over the holidays.

Lovin' your trip report and pictures, Frank and Denise. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing so much!

Bama ED

Ozzy in a Santa suit - ew-w-w-w:sick:

Here an excerpt from the WDWinfo site about the history of the lights --

As the story goes, Arkansas resident Jennings Osborne and his family were very big on the Holidays. In 1986, Jennings asked his youngest daughter Breezy what her Christmas wish was. She replied that she would like to see their whole house covered in lights. They had quite a large house but Jennings was determined to make his daughter's Christmas dream come true. That first year the Osborne family covered their home with a modest 1000 red lights. With each passing year, the family wanted to do more. The Osbornes eventually purchased property adjacent to their own in order to expand on their newfound hobby.

The display grew to millions of lights. There were flashing lights, multi-colored lights, custom-made light sculptures and a 75-foot Christmas tree adorned by lights. This drew onlookers from all over Arkansas. Displeased by the resulting traffic jams, the local residents asked that the Osborne family stop the annual display. Legal intervention was sought, and it appeared that the Osborne's beloved tradition was about to come to an end. When Mickey Mouse got word of this, he offered a venue where the Osborne lights could be shared with visitors from around the globe. In 1995, Residential Street at the Disney's Hollywood Studios became the home of this dazzling light show. Approximately 80% of the lights that are on display come from the original Osborne collection.

In 2003, Residential Street began undergoing a major renovation in preparation of the new stunt show scheduled to open in 2005. For the first time in 8 years, the Osborne lights were not displayed. Fortunately, a new home was found for this magical attraction. The Streets of America (formerly New York Street) is now hosting the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

As in years past, once evening descends, this amazing display springs to life. Formerly drab buildings become twinkling light sculptures, while a host of angels fly overhead. Visitors are welcome to stroll through at their own pace. With over 4 Million Christmas lights, this is not to be missed. To enhance the experience, Florida "snow" flutters down while Christmas tunes fill the air.

Admission to the display is free with admission to the park, and it's a MUST SEE if you're visiting Walt Disney World over the holidays.

yep it is an awesome sight to see. I have seen it only once and cant wait to see it again. I am happy that Disney and the Osbourne family will keep the tradition going since the father who started it all passed away earlier this yr.

Sounds like you guys are having a magical trip. So how long is this trip cause I am going to be upset when it is over. I love reading about your day and seeing the pics.

Today is pack up and leave day. :sad1::sad1:Frank is out snapping a last few shots. When we stop for the night I'll post some more pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter