Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, was hoping for an online solution that the email alluded to.

Anyone know if the furlough affects call center/customer service? I was under the impression it did not.

Just got off the phone a little bit ago with Disneyland package reservations. I didn't wait on hold at all. As soon as I pushed the options it rang once and someone was on the line to assist me. They did honor the ticket prices so the only thing that changed was the room rate. That wasn't a huge increase and I figured it was worth going ahead and rebooking and it gives me time to switch still without being out any money if rates change between now and October when I have to have it paid in full. Also, the rate was only $1.70 more to book through Disney than it would be if I booked direct with Fairfield and buying discount tickets thru Undercover Tourist so I'm calling it a win. LOL

Do FlexPass holders have to call in to get their pass extended? Mine expires in October... but I would like it to be extended a month or more so then I could go the last week in October or first week in November.

Do FlexPass holders have to call in to get their pass extended? Mine expires in October... but I would like it to be extended a month or more so then I could go the last week in October or first week in November.
I think all do no matter the pass

Yes, DH and I have flex and we had to call in for the extension option.

I agree that speculation fuels issues on this board - people come here to read and see discussions regarding something that could be pure speculation but it's amazing how fast those ideas set fire and next think you know people are talking about it like it's a done deal.
Disney are notorious for releasing the bare minimum required information on a good day, never mind something as unprecedented as this.
We changed our April stay to mid September and am not holding my breath that will turn out even. I am very glad the Canadian tickets will be honored into May of 2021 in case we have to re-book yet again into the new year.

Those opening dates on TripAdvisor and yelp are different so wouldn’t put too much stock into it unless WDW says so itself.

Yes, DH and I have flex and we had to call in for the extension option.

What is the default option if I don’t call? My pass is fully paid (never was on payment plan). Would it expire as normal and I get a partial refund? Or is the extension the default option ?

Decided to call to get my AP sorted out. Been on hold for 30 minutes. Not sure why Disney wants so many passholders calling? Wouldn’t it be easier to automate this process?

Edited to say that I was on hold for 45 minutes and it took 10 minutes to get everything sorted out.

Last edited:
Dang, was hoping for an online solution that the email alluded to.

Anyone know if the furlough affects call center/customer service? I was under the impression it did not.

Supposedly from reports from people that have asked it's still coming (not all CMs are saying it, but a few are). I'm currently holding out a bit longer until they make another announcement with information as, officially, the last one didn't say you had to call for any option. It just said to call if you had questions and that information would be available soon how to choose an option.

I'm not in panic mode yet to get my pass squared away. Helps I haven't seen the supposed automatic end of March payment refund show up. That would have made me call immediately.

Those opening dates on TripAdvisor and yelp are different so wouldn’t put too much stock into it unless WDW says so itself.

DLR might have a different reopening date than WDW (they did have different closing dates) so I'll go with a DLR announcement over a WDW one ;)

(Sorry, just teasing! I know it's easy to be in the habit of saying one resort over the other. No offense is meant.)

No. The email I received stated passes will be extended based on number of days park is closed. They don’t know date yet, so passes haven’t been extended yet.

No. The email I received stated passes will be extended based on number of days park is closed. They don’t know date yet, so passes haven’t been extended yet.
Actually it depends on if you paid in full or are on the monthly payment plan. I have a flex pass on the monthly payment plan and I called yesterday to have the expiration extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter