SWGE Opens August 29!

I’m wondering if fast passes will be in place for my late December trip and weather Rise of the Resistance will be open yet. Still so many questions.

I think it's crazy that they won't rollout FPs to start...I can't even imagine what the wait times will be.
This is actually likely being done to keep the lines lower. FP+ availability makes stand by lines even longer, bc the standby gets held up for those with FPs. UO has been doing a similar thing with their new attractions when they open, making them not part of Express Pass for the first 6 months or year.

That all being said, lines are still gonna be bonkers haha.

I know this is a whole other animal but how were the other parks when Pandora opened? I was really looking forward to a peaceful Food and Wine, now I’m worried.

We are huge star wars fans but I'm really disappointed that it's opening right before we get there. We wanted to avoid the crowds and now it's going to be a nightmare I'm sure. We'll be there sep 1-7th and can't change our reservation. Luckily we had booked our tickets for SWA's lowest fares because I'm sure there'll be a rush for rooms and tickets.

Hi Everyone, first time poster here.

Have my first trip to WDW 9/14-9/20. Count me in with the disappointed group. Not a SW fan and was really looking forward to the lighter September crowds. We are staying at Boardwalk with the dining plan so it doesn't seem worth it to change the dates. Hopefully I can still get my dream ADRs when I hit 180 days. Trying to find the silver lining here!!

Going 8/25 - 9/1. I think a good strategy will be to go to HS before 8/29. Then, 8/29 and after hope that the crowds at HS will mean less crowds for the other parks. I think F&W will start 8/30. Just guessing. I'm looking forward to that and MNSSHP on 8/27. Anyone think this will make the MNSSHP tickets sell out for that date?

Am I the only one with an early fall (Sept 7-14) trip already booked that is a little bummed by this news? Nervous about what this will mean for crowds during a time that is typically less busy. :(

Nope, I planned my trip Sept. 25 - Oct. 1st in hopes of avoiding the crowds. Disney said "late" fall so I thought I would be safe but guess not. Oh well, I am excited for the opening but didn't want to go see it until the "newness" had worn off. I guess we will just avoid HS this trip IF I keep our reservation. Not even sure I want to be anywhere near the parks at that time. I picked my dates thinking it would be a slower time but this just threw a wrench into it, lol.

I felt a sudden disturbance in MDE's resort bookings - as though a million anguished souls trying to anticipate the opening dates just released their reservation holds for November and December. (Note to self: check later today for possible holiday 2019 options)

I'd previously booked a Universal trip for June 15 (before the announcement that Hagrid's opens on June 13) and then a Disney trip that'll end on August 29. I've either won the lottery or I'm being severely punished - from a certain point of view. Honestly - I was fine waiting to see SW:GE until next year. Firmly in the camp of preferring to avoid the initial crowds, but on the bright side maybe there'll be some guest or AP previews I can hope to luck into to beat the crowds (not holding my breath, however).

Going Aug 25 - 31 and I can't rebook because i got a great deal on a club level suite and BC. I wonder if the Club level extra fast passes will work for the Starwars ride? Trying to find a silver lining.

Wow so you're going to be right in the madness!

I booked from September 9th to the 17th for my honeymoon purposefully for the low crowd levels since my anxiety can't handle the high crowds. I'm so upset by this. How are the crowds generally in the beginning of November?

When Pandora opened, I went on Day 3 and the line for the gift shop was longer than the queue for Flight of Passage lol
I think you can expect body to body for a good period of time

Were the others parks as crowded or still the same??

FYI reports are saying no FP for the ride at first. Obviously this can change. If your onsite plan on doing an emm or a tickets event if offered.

We are there the same week but our HS day is the 28th
I listened to the actual Shareholder broadcast and I missed this part about no FPs initially. Or was this announced in some other venue?

I'm equally excited and worried
We're going 9/12-9/17 and my fiancee is a HUGE Star Wars fan
When I told him about SWGE he said he would be pretty disappointed if it wasn't open by the time we got there
I told him not to hold his breath since most people (myself included) expect a 11/30 opening date
I listened in to the shareholders meeting and as soon as I heard the opening dates I did have a tear or two of happiness in my eyes
This will likely be the last trip we take for a good long while (2+ years I'm guessing) and I'm relieved he will get to experience at least part of SWGE but I wasn't expecting to run into it AT ALL given our dates so now I'm overwhelmed too
We'll have to go check it out, I'm just a bit caught off guard (as most people are, lol)

I am curious why people would not want to go if RotR is not open as well. When they do make FP available, you will have to choose one or the other I am sure. That being said, I cant imagine trying to go to this without a FP. The lines will be out the park

We're booked for 9/21-9/28, mixed feelings here. We were originally hoping to get in before opening for the lower crowds, but I'm also a little bit excited about the opportunity to see it early on. Doubt we'll get on Smuggler's Run, but it might be worth braving the crowds to walk through the land for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter