• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

TCD's Spring Break 2010 Trip Report

Great TR as usual.:thumbsup2
Looking forward to the next one. popcorn::

Thanks! The next one will be along shortly. Very shortly I hope.

I will never apologize for laughing about the friendly accordian playing hippies. In fact I still laugh several times a day. :lmao: (I won't laugh about the Charles Manson type...nothing funny about drugs or murder.):sad2:

Anxiously awaiting the next TR! :thumbsup2

The next TR is being worked on as we speak. Stand by.

Great report and glad you are safe and sound. I agree with prices at The Fort, but I am from Maryland, and it is still cheaper than going to Ocean City. Luckily, with no kids in school, we can go at the "value season". However, I do love Christmas at Disney, but it is hard to swallow those prices, particularly when it is so crowded. What can you do about it though??? Like was said, if enough people talk to the right people, maybe something will done. Who knows, worth a try.:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Just a note. It was interesting and depressing at the same time to see River Country.

If you get depressed by River Country pics, you might want to ignore my upcoming TR. It is going to start with a bit of R.C. Actually more than a bit. And some of it is depressing to me too.

I wonder how many people will now visit Grayton SP because of this report??? You have some major influence, buddy!!!!

Now.....didnt you mention in another thread something about sneaking a few days in at the fort??

Well, I didn't mention it until Proudmomof4 "outed" me, but yes, the TCD gang flew in under the radar for a visit to the Fort this past weekend. The TR is being researched and prepared, and the first post should be ready within the next 24 hours. Please stand by.

Awesome as usual, we missed you!!!

Thanks, John. To make up for my absence, I will be providing a new Fort Wilderness trip report any time now.

Great report....loved it. We go to PCB every year, but have never been to Grayton beach. We'll be down there in June and have to driver over.
Have you ever camped at Topsail campground? Heard alot about it, but never stayed there.
Thanks again for the report and look forward to more.:surfweb:

No, I never camped at Topsail, but I am familiar with the area and the campground. It is very nice. But, I will always choose Grayton Beach over Topsail. I like Seaside and Grayton Beach. Topsail is closer to Destin. That's not my scene. Also, I hear the hippies prefer Grayton Beach.

I'm still mad that we had to wait 4 months to hear from, all the while worrying about your untimely death at the hands of Disney's black helicopters....but, great TR as usual! Looking forward to your FW weekend report from last week....

Dave, I'm really sorry. Hopefully, the next trip report will have been worth the wait. In fact, I am going to offer a guarantee. Please see the next response for details.

AS usual TCD, a GREAT TR! Now, when ya think ya might have your FW TR ready?popcorn::

Soon! I am completing some research for my first post now. I am going to start off with a bang- new River Country photos-just for the Fort Fiends!(please don't tell the people at Oingo Boingo). I am still working on my title.

I think it is going to be called:

"Return to River Country . . . and more! A new TCD trip report! April 2010."

But, I am not quite sure. I am not sure if that is a catchy enough title. But, I do know one thing. This is going to be a good report. I have some good stuff, and a lot of photos. I am so sure of it, I am going to offer a double your money back guarantee that you will love it.

TCD

Soon! I am completing some research for my first post now. I am going to start off with a bang- new River Country photos-just for the Fort Fiends!(please don't tell the people at Oingo Boingo). I am still working on my title.

I think it is going to be called:

"Return to River Country . . . and more! A new TCD trip report! April 2010."

But, I am not quite sure. I am not sure if that is a catchy enough title. But, I do know one thing. This is going to be a good report. I have some good stuff, and a lot of photos. I am so sure of it, I am going to offer a double your money back guarantee that you will love it.

TCD
Great, I'm not going to be able to sleep now that I know I have this to look forward to!

Well, I didn't mention it until Proudmomof4 "outed" me, but yes, the TCD gang flew in under the radar for a visit to the Fort this past weekend. The TR is being researched and prepared, and the first post should be ready within the next 24 hours. Please stand by.

I am so sorry I "outed" you, please forgive me :worship:, I was just so starstruck I had to verify it was you. :flower3:

As allways enjoyed your trip report!.Looks like a great place to visit!

DaddyDon......youve been scarce around here lately!!! Howve ya been?

DaddyDon......youve been scarce around here lately!!! Howve ya been?

Rog ...you would not believe it if i told you...My job has been a living nite mare....wife and kids are great..dealing with me working 7 day's a week...looking for new employment....i have a job from haties and a boss from haties....

Aww man....I hate to hear its going so rough. What line of work are you in?

Aww man....I hate to hear its going so rough. What line of work are you in?

Rog i am in the fast food biz....was in that line of work before i went to work at cooper tire....Then of couse my plant moved to mexico...so i went back to what i did before...The pay is good..thats all i can say about it....Lets just say .....well i cant i will get banned if i say what i want....

... i will get banned if i say what i want....

This is why Facebook is the perfect compliment to the DISboards!!! Don...I sure hope things slow down for you soon......7 days a week steals a mans life essence....nothing to look forward to but quitting....and in this economy, none of us can afford to quit our jobs. Hang in there bud!!!

Not to bump an older thread, but I had to find out the back story of those crazy hippies. ;)

Awesome TR, as usual. :thumbsup2

TCD, you won't catch me laughing or mocking you about about the hippies,,
people think that Killer Klowns from Outer Space was a joke,,BUT I have it on good authority that it really happened inna parallel universe.

I confirmed this with the garbageman at the Fort, :thumbsup2

Oh, my! I didn't know anyone else had been subjected to that movie. DH insisted on watching it one Saturday. Cotton candy cocoons?

I'd take an accordion-playing hippie any day. :rotfl:

Well, as long as they're the friendly kind.

If I see any wrapping-people-in-hippie-lettuce ray guns, I'm outta there...

As I was gazing across the lake at these majestic pines, I noticed a very large bird soar across the lake and land in one of the trees. Here he is:

SpringBreak2010494.jpg

Let me help you:

SpringBreak2010495.jpg

I am almost certain this was a bald eagle. If you google bald eagle and Grayton Beach, you will find an article and a video that someone recently posted about bald eagles at Grayton Beach. I think I spotted one!

We have a couple of bald eagles nesting in our neck of the woods. Those things are huge!

DH almost wrecked the car trying to look at one as we were coming around a 90 degree curve.

He says I'm a back seat driver.

I say that I'm a like-to-get-where-I'm-going-in-one-piece driver.

I digress.

Only spotted one or two. Always exciting.

Once again, loved the report. Your pics were amazing, as well! :goodvibes

I was looking at the website for Seaside and now I'm really craving some Taco Bar!!! :lovestruc
I had to come re-read this TR to get my Seaside DT's under control...
Long live the accordion playing hippies!! :hippie:

I was looking at the website for Seaside and now I'm really craving some Taco Bar!!! :lovestruc
I had to come re-read this TR to get my Seaside DT's under control...
Long live the accordion playing hippies!! :hippie:

Thanks for bumping up this old trip report.

It reminded me of some good times.

But, now I'm craving Taco Bar too!

That's a PERFECT Halloween costume for TCD!!!!!!!

Does anyone have an accordion that I can borrow?

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter