Thank You thread for a Hero

Sincere thanks and best wishes to you and all who serve our country!! :flower:

Thank You for all that you have done for this country. Every soldier in my book is a hero. Anyone who is willing to put their life on the line for this country and our freedom IS A HERO! I'm so happy to hear you are finally home with your family. They certainly deserve kudos as well! My brother is a Marine and I'm happy to say he just finished his 4 years this past weekend so I certainly sympathize. Enjoy your much deserved time off with your family!

Dear Sir,

I cannot adequately put into words my feelings for you and your family.

Thank you, sir, for answering the call to serve. Thank you, madam, for serving by waiting.

I thank God that you are brought home safely to be reunited with your loved ones. I am amazed at your strength and that of your family through your lengthy deployment.

I am indebted to you and all others who serve. Because of you I am able to enjoy the freedoms of our great nation. Without you life as I know it would not exist.

God bless you and your family. May the distance of the miles have no effect on your hearts and love for one another. May it feel as though you were never gone.

With deepest gratitude,

Lea Ann

As a wife of a military man I truly understand the sacrifices of both spouses. I just wanted to add my thanks to both you and your DH for all you do for your country, your sacrifices do not go un-noticed. Thank you for your service and for ensuring the freedoms that we all have. So glad you made it back safely, God bless you and God bless the USA.

Welcome home, Chief Petty Officer Brian Christensen!!!

I sincerely thank you for your service and sacrifice. I have the utmost respect for our military.

Have a great trip!

Welcome home, Brian. Thank you for your service to my country. I appreciate you very much.

Katholyn

Thank you for keeping us safe! We are eternally grateful for your sacrifice!

Welcome Home & have fun with your family!

penchris said:
I am starting this thread as way for those Dis'ers who expressed an interest to say Thank You to my DH on his return from military deployment to the Middle East. I am going to print this thread and present it to him in a nice Thank You card on our Disney Trip Aug 8-12, 2005.

More details:

Name: Brian Christensen

This will conclude his 3rd overseas deployment since Sept. 11th, 2001...all of which have been extended beyond the original projected length. Thankfully, he will now be stateside shore-duty for at least the next three years :bounce:

He is a true patriot, and his heart is in everything he commits to. He is honest, trustworthy, dedicated, and hardworking. I have never seen him pass a person in need and not offer help. I am continually amazed that I am fortunate enough to know someone with such genuine values and integrity, much less having the privilege to be his wife. I couldn't ask for a better father for our son.

I thank you all for joining in my expression of appreciation to this true Hero. When he see this print out, I know he will be humble and say he is just doing his job...but your words will reach him for years to come.

Sincerely,
Penny Christensen
aka Penchris

Penny, I am the son of a WWII vet who served in the European theatre. I guess I was born at the time that there was no draft but would have gone at a moments notice if I had been. That trait has been instilled into me by my father. I have many friends who have been in Vietnam and have heard of the horror stories. Friends of my dad that I have spoken to also have similar horror stories. War is hell (period!) Nobody but the participants knows what it is like!

I was asked recently who my hero was. I don't know if the person was thinking that I was going to name a pro quarterback or infielder, but he seemed taken aback when I said "my Dad is my hero." He was in the Battle of the Bulge. I have his Bronze Star and the many other medals he had. He did an interview with my Godchild and that is where he 1st discussed what had gone on during WWII. He passed away last April right after Easter. But he did get to hold his last grandchild (mine) before he went!

Please thank your husband for me. From the very bottom of my heart. When I returned from a business trip from Kansas City 2 weeks ago, I ran into a guy who was obviously in the army. I went up to him, tapped him on the shoulder, and told him "Thank You for what you are doing". He didn't know me from Adam but you know what? He said "your welcome". That meant the world to me.

Penny, thank you too for your sacrifice. Worry put's stress on all of our lives but I cannot imagine the stress that you have been experiencing. I wish you all of the love that God has to offer and peace and gratitude to you family.

Adam John Kita Sr.

:banana: :Pinkbounc :wizard: Thank you Brian for serving our country and for being a hero.
Thanks also to Penny and your family for being there for you and for all the time they have been without you.
Welcome home.

Thank you for your service to our country. You are appreciated more than you can imagine by the very people that you are protecting.

Just this once I'll say for you - GO NAVY! ;) (Don't tell anyone on post I told you that!)...

:)

hi,
thank you very much!!god bless you and your family,and all the others over there.you guys are truly the bravest! :wave:

Thank you so much, from one military family to another. Your sacrifice and dedication to our great country is appreciated by so many. Enjoy your trip, and welcome home! :)

Thank you! From one military family to another, we know all the sacrifices you have made. I hope you have a fabulous homecoming and a great trip to Disney! You deserve it & more!

Thank you Brian! You are a true hero, and we are so grateful for what you have done for all of us! Welcome Home!!

Thank you Brian for protecting us! I feel like the member's on the DIS are my extended family and my thoughts and prayers are always with all the men and women protecting our country as well as the families they have left behind.

Welcome home, Chief Petty Officer Brian Christensen!!!

Thank you for giving up your civilian life so I can continue on with mine. Because of you I can teach at a university without fear of real censorship, my chidren can grow up in a country where education is freely and widely available, where they can choose any career path they want, and live in a country that I know is protected by incredibly brave and giving people like you. Enjoy your trip to the happiest place on earth and know that, because of you, WDW is in the one of the greatest countries in the world!

Be safe and know that many, many thoughts and prayers go with you!!!!

Welcome Home! God Bless You for the great things that you do everyday. You keep us safe and growing in this nation of freedom. You keep this nation of freedom free. May God Bless You and Best of Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter