The 2009 DCI, WGI, BOA thread

Looks like the Cadets have an official "logo" for the parade....

cadetsinag.jpg

Hey O'Mike! As you know, I don't know anything about Bands other than my cousins being in the Magnificent Yankees a millenia ago... :D

Just wanted to say congratulations! You're the lead on this topic, and if you are happy and excited, then that's good enough for me! :teeth:

Hey O'Mike! As you know, I don't know anything about Bands other than my cousins being in the Magnificent Yankees a millenia ago... :D

It's OK, I dont know nothing about bands either! :confused3

Now drum corps I know! :thumbsup2

Marching bands and DCI, something I love! My band marched in the Macy's parade this year, and I was sad I did not get to attend. Can't wait for DCI summer season to start. We try to go to at least one show a year. Atlanta was great this year!

I'm psyched that Cadets get to march in the inaugural parade! :yay:
Who's narrating? :rotfl:

STOP! :lmao:

Ya it irks me too! "Shup up and play!":sad2:

OK so my DVD's are skipping a little, and I was a little miffed, but no way I am sending them back! Seems like Phantom didn't do their homework, and DCI has begun shipping new DVD's with about a minute and a half of Phantoms show cut out! Licensing issues! :eek:

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=a9d2ceac-36fd-4e81-a783-73ce8a7de8a6

You such a persnickety dowager - aren't you! :rolleyes:

Still sour about the Boston team being snubbed by Obama? :confused3

On a side note, did you catch which pop warner team has been banned from Disney for life?

Dorchester! :rotfl2:

Still sour about the Boston team being snubbed by Obama? :confused3

On a side note, did you catch which pop warner team has been banned from Disney for life?

Dorchester! :rotfl2:

Dorchester - Always classy! :sad2:

Dorchester - Always classy! :sad2:

Hey, some stupid team from Texas started a fight with them! BIG MISTAKE!

Dirty Dot always wins! They may not fight fair, and they may get banned for life, but they win! :thumbsup2

Hey, some stupid team from Texas started a fight with them! BIG MISTAKE!

Dirty Dot always wins! They may not fight fair, and they may get banned for life, but they win! :thumbsup2

True.
Thanks for the sunny side. :)

You know you guys, me included, may have problems with Hoppy and the Cadets and what they have done one the field recently. But ya gotta give it to the guy! He took a group that was all but dead....and turned them into what is arguably the most famous marching musical group in the country! :thumbsup2

I still get goose bumps just watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics in Atlanta! Notice how well they march without any markings on the field! :thumbsup2

And they even make fun of themselves as a "Marching Band"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABh1v1W6iXk

STOP! :lmao:

Ya it irks me too! "Shup up and play!":sad2:

OK so my DVD's are skipping a little, and I was a little miffed, but no way I am sending them back! Seems like Phantom didn't do their homework, and DCI has begun shipping new DVD's with about a minute and a half of Phantoms show cut out! Licensing issues! :eek:

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=a9d2ceac-36fd-4e81-a783-73ce8a7de8a6

I can't believe they had to cut out 1:14 of their show. That's almost as bad as when WGI removed all the audio from James Logan's 5 and a half-minute show due to them not getting proper rights for the Bjork music they were using. And they also took 1st place in their class! Oy! :sad2: I'm hoping the rumor I heard about guards competing in WGI not needing these rights for the upcoming season is true. It costs guards (and corps) quite a big chunk of cash if they want to use more mainstream music......which is why lots of guards have been performing to classical and/or not-so-well-known symphonic music lately.

Okay.....I'll zip my lip now. :surfweb:

I have a site that I think you guys might like. It's MicroMarching, and I've become addicted to it. You can design your own drill and animate it. People rate your show and the higher your score-the more points you get, which enables you to have more options for your shows. When you first start out you're only allowed to use a small band/corps, but after obtaining more points you'll be able to do indoor percussion or winterguard shows, and have the ability to change instruments with your larger band/corps shows, etc. etc. The java software is a little limited, but it's still fun.

I was giddy when my last show made the top-2 last week....especially considering I'm still not 100% used to the software tricks and tools yet. :yay:

Try it! TRY IT! :yay: :yay:
*hyperventilates*

edit:
By the way, if you're using a Mac you might have some problems if you use Safari. I tend to like Firefox for this site.

oh wow thank you... looks like loads of fun:yay:

Latest addition to the list...

the Ohio State University Marching Band!

So, what are they going to play? Considering they only play 3 songs, and I don't think "We Don't Give a ___ for the Whole State of Michigan" is quite appropriate for this type of event, that leaves us with 2 choices ... Either they'll play "Le Regiment de Sambre et Meuse", which they play very well, but it'll seem very weird to hear them playing it while marching in a parade formation, as opposed to a Script Ohio, or they'll just play "Hang On Sloopy" over and over and over.

I'm assuming by your screen name, you're not a Buckeye fan! :lmao:

From their press release.....

The band will play songs including "Beautiful Ohio," the official state song; "The Buckeye Battle Cry," and "Fight the Team Across the Field."

So, what are they going to play? Considering they only play 3 songs, and I don't think "We Don't Give a ___ for the Whole State of Michigan" is quite appropriate for this type of event, that leaves us with 2 choices ... Either they'll play "Le Regiment de Sambre et Meuse", which they play very well, but it'll seem very weird to hear them playing it while marching in a parade formation, as opposed to a Script Ohio, or they'll just play "Hang On Sloopy" over and over and over.

that was pretty funny... :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter