The 2009 DCI, WGI, BOA thread

Cadets parade update.....

With 150 Cadets, including 14 alumni, on the final parade roster, the corps will perform Patriotic Medley and Strike Up The Band during the parade. According to parade officials, there is no stopping at the reviewing stand to perform.

The corps will wear its classic Maroon and Gold Westpoint-style uniform while the colorguard will appear in new maroon jumpsuits provided by Dance Sophisticates, said Heimbecker. An artist’s rendering should be available soon, he added.

Jumpsuits? :sad2:

On a good note I got my Cadets Innaguration Parade T-Shirt in the mail today!:cool1:

The new drum heads look sweet! I guess they did a dry run today!

cadetsinag-1.jpg

The new drum heads look sweet! I guess they did a dry run today!

cadetsinag-1.jpg

They do look pretty nice. I wonder if the basses get to keep them as souvenirs after they're done. :)

I got an e-mail today with the link to a YouTube video. A couple people from the Cap Pride band (our local GLBT band) went to DC to be in the official GLBT Inaugural Marching Band, which will be in the parade tomorrow. Here they are at a rehearsal yesterday.....

(Disregard the date. They got the year wrong. :lmao: )

Clicky clicky clicky

Cadets warming up with the White House in the backround!

WOW! Just WOW!!!!

cadetsWH.jpg

Yowza! You're on top of things! :)

Thanks for posting these, Mike.

1992 San Jose Raiders

WARNING: This link leads to a winterguard show where Robin Williams shouts a lot. ::yes::

What I think is funny is that if this exact show was put on the floor in 2009 they more than likely wouldn't even make the top 12. Regardless of that....the audience was entertained and went nuts over it back then, and they placed 1st. Enjoy!

Here is one of my favorite guards of all time rehearsing.

What people under the age of 25 don't seem realize is Michael Gaines made a DCI/WGI name for himself by directing and writing for this winterguard way before he started raking in the big bucks writing for 8+ units a year. The other day some kid told me, "He didn't start writing until 2000". :rolleyes: A majority of the staff who is in this video were still on the Cavaliers' staff as of last year.

Anyhoo, this was back when Mike was still in his prime, before he became overworked and his shows started getting predictable. (That's just my opinion.)

Check out the hair on some of these girls. :eek:

Escapade Rehearsal: 1992

This one shows a very young Mike Gaines at work.
Part Two: More Candid

1992 San Jose Raiders

WARNING: This link leads to a winterguard show where Robin Williams shouts a lot. ::yes::

What I think is funny is that if this exact show was put on the floor in 2009 they more than likely wouldn't even make the top 12. Regardless of that....the audience was entertained and went nuts over it back then, and they placed 1st. Enjoy!

Yeah um... :rolleyes: ... interesting.
Maybe if they did it topless?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter