The 2009 DCI, WGI, BOA thread

Well I loved the Bluecoats first Beatles show, this one looks great!

And if you are thinking to yourself....."Bluecoats played Beatles before?":confused3

You are too young to know what real drum corps is! :rotfl2:

Well I loved the Bluecoats first Beatles show, this one looks great!

And if you are thinking to yourself....."Bluecoats played Beatles before?":confused3

You are too young to know what real drum corps is! :rotfl2:

NOW NOW Mike!!! lol I may not have seen it in person... but my high school band director shared many great drum corp memories he loved. Bluecoats was not one of them but...

Star of Indiana was one he loved to share along with Madison Scouts... I will always say I love the Cavies in the early 90s

92 Revolution and Triumph and 1995 the Planets are two of my favorite shows!!

You can't deny recent Cavaliers with the 2000, 2002 and 2006 shows being stand out for me.

I actually think it’s sad to see how drum corp has changed! Sometimes I feel the music has been lost... cough cough.... Cadets.
:yay:

I actually think it’s sad to see how drum corp has changed! Sometimes I feel the music has been lost... cough cough.... Cadets.
:yay:

From what I have been reading, Cadets should be pretty good this year. "Back to basics"! We can hope right?

:mic:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'll pop in once in a while to read and possibly post on what our high school is doing.

We did make semi finals at grand nationals but our show was too "kitsche" to make the cut. I loved it, it was a really fun season.

We are hosting a two day event for drumline and winterguard in February, which is always a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what our kids are doing this year. My son plays brass so we just go and support the other kids.

Oh and we just found out that one of our field commanders will be marching with BOA in the Rose Parade. How cool!

OK, talk with you all later.

Welcome! Please keep us informed of you son, his band, and your field commander in the Rose Parade! A lot of us like to hear how the kids are doing!

I love the little pic... I hope Cadets go "Back to basics" I loved the 2000 Cadets they were great. :cool1:

Well the news is not really so good out of Allentown...

From Hop's blog....

We have just about completed the prep on COOL ... it's a 4 minute monster complete with Jazz Piano

:scared1:

Oh no........not West Side Story again. :headache:

Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy.....
Just because you're playing music that the corps played in the 80's and 90's does not mean you're going "back to basics". Especially when you're using narration and/or jazz piano. (I've gotten used to the Bb horns. It didn't bother me too much because playing with the Bb horns brought about several opportunities for potential members as well as the type of music that's being played on the field. However, if anyone went back to using G bugles I wouldn't be opposed to it either.)

Man.....I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

Oh no........not West Side Story again. :headache:

Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy.....
Just because you're playing music that the corps played in the 80's and 90's does not mean you're going "back to basics". Especially when you're using narration and/or jazz piano. (I've gotten used to the Bb horns. It didn't bother me too much because playing with the Bb horns brought about several opportunities for potential members as well as the type of music that's being played on the field. However, if anyone went back to using G bugles I wouldn't be opposed to it either.)

Man.....I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

G bugles would be nice to hear on the field!! :) I have to admit I am a sucker for music from West Side so I may enjoy parts of there show... unless someone starts singing on the field.:rotfl:

Yeah it does :)

I have a soft spot for Boston for some reason :)

It comes and goes for me. I marched back in the day when Boston was a bunch of street thugs, LITERALLY! And the fights would start at retreat and go all the way to the parking lot! :eek: Oh to be young again!

Then they seemed to get their act together, went to Europe, didn't pay their bills, and lost the Crusader name in bankruptcy court! I still have my "Boston" t-shirt!

Then in 2000 I fell in love with them! That ballad! Oy Vey!

They seem to be much more organized now, and on the up and up, but the last few years their shows have left me popcorn:: not :banana:

It comes and goes for me. I marched back in the day when Boston was a bunch of street thugs, LITERALLY! And the fights would start at retreat and go all the way to the parking lot! :eek: Oh to be young again!

Then they seemed to get their act together, went to Europe, didn't pay their bills, and lost the Crusader name in bankruptcy court! I still have my "Boston" t-shirt!

Then in 2000 I fell in love with them! That ballad! Oy Vey!

They seem to be much more organized now, and on the up and up, but the last few years their shows have left me popcorn:: not :banana:

Yeah the year 2000 did it for me as well with Boston. Lots of emotion in that program!! :) Last year Boston left me a little :confused3

It was ok but I duno

Just a funny story about gay and boston.

Their kitchen truck is run by a big ole bear, and let me tell you...those kids eat good!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter