The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

I'm lucky in this regard. DS works at Sam's. We will text him and ask if they have TP or bacon. He will grab a pack if a truck comes in and bring it home that night. Back in the Spring, they would get several semis a week of paper products, put them out on the floor as soon as they were unloaded and they were gone in an hour. Over the Summer they backed down to a truck a week and it would last several days. It isn't as bad as the Spring, but it is only a 30-40% chance they have something (TP, paper towels, water, bacon) when we ask.

j

So, this might be a TMI post, but I used to ask the same question until I realized/found out that one of the classic Covid symptoms is a lower GI issue. Don't ask me how I know. But having 3 weeks of that particular symptom can run through a lot of TP. Just sayn'.

PS here is the Link to the Case if you are desperate or want to split with others.

That looks like John Wayne TP. Rough, tough and don't crap of nobody.

Back when all this covid started and we had the Great TP crisis of early 2020 I found our Walmart had no toilet paper, but the RV isle on the other side of the store had plenty. Then after a while people started figuring it out and the RV isle was empty too.

I have decided my F250 is expensive enough, and looking at prices of newer ones I know I don't want any part of buying another for a long time. Since mine is paid for I need it to last. So I have been looking for a daily driver. My neighbors, who baby everything, had a 2007 Honda Accord that they bought new. They decided to upgrade to SUV for hauling grandkids around but dealer was bad low balling them. So I figured, with only 70,000 miles on it and literally every receipt for every service on it at dealership I might as well get it.
20210201_195906.jpg

Aside from scratch on passenger front she's in great shape. Have to admit, gonna take some getting used to feeling like I'm sitting on pavement again.

That's a great car to hand off to your oldest DD, tiggerdad. I bet she can drive herself to high school and all her after-hours activities? She would look good behind the wheel and as you say yourself, It would be a good daily driver for her. Hondas are very good vehicles.

What a dad! :rolleyes: Bama Ed

PS - it's either that or a new Mustang. High School can be pretty rough and a legit ride helps smooth the way. My DD had to drive the ol' Mom-Minivan her senior year and she tried to get to the school before 7am so no one would see her. But that was the reality of life.

PPS - I mean, she knows how to drive the Zero Turn mower - you've showed that picture already. You need to get to the stage in life where, like me, you had N+1 license plates and vehicles in the family. N = # of drivers and the +1 was the camper. With 4 people in your family, you need to buy/license/tag 4 vehicles and the camper. Oh, we've all been there my friend. And then you come out the other side of life into the sunshine .......

PPPS - oh yeah your youngest may not be driving yet but we will plant the idea in her head that no self respecting 16-year old would be caught DEAD without a convertible BMW to put in the HS parking lot. Oh no, don't thank me yet ..... You'll see ::yes:: .....

Last edited:
Aside from scratch on passenger front she's in great shape.
As bama_ed pointed out, DD will be driving soon, then you wont be able to tell one scratch from another.
Joking aside, that is a great car, and knowing the history makes it all the better.
You can easily put another 100K on the odometer before it even starts dripping oil :thumbsup2

Unfortunately gentlemen that one is mine. DD has already laid claim to DWs 4Runner.

Wait...that means DW is gonna need something...newer...

Youngest DD follows my footsteps. She has proclaimed she will be driving my F250 when she gets her license.

Unfortunately gentlemen that one is mine. DD has already laid claim to DWs 4Runner.

Wait...that means DW is gonna need something...newer...

Youngest DD follows my footsteps. She has proclaimed she will be driving my F250 when she gets her license.

As a data point, how many miles is your daily commute? Any idea roughly how many miles you were putting on the truck annually?

ED

I personally think the oldest DD should have a red convertible corvette. I loved mine. Put the top down, turn up the radio & loved the curve roads I drove home. Only drove the car when the weather was beautiful, no rain. We can discuss this more in June (lol) You can thank me then.

I personally think the oldest DD should have a red convertible.
I think this is a great idea! :duck:

Ian's first car was a little red convertible. Bought it himself. Now, before you are thinking something really fancy and fast. It was an old Miata we picked up as a "parts" car for the race team's Spec Miata race car. It happened to have an automatic transmission, but we bought it for the body panels and suspension. The car leaked everything from everywhere. Before Ian turned 16, he asked one of our crew guys who was into Miatas to help him find a cheap used one. Tom said he should buy the parts car. $750 later, Ian had a car. It took 3 weekends at the race shop to get all the anitfreeze, oil, gasoline and transmission leaks addressed and it still leaked after we brought it home. But Ian loved that car. He is now on his 3rd Miata, but he still wishes he had his first one. He sold it to a friend and unfortunately it was rear ended while parked overnight. That trashed the rear frame and left rear corner.

It looked better in pictures that it really was. Paint wasn't great and it had the classic body rot in front of the rear wheels from the top seal leaking into the quarter panel.

FB_IMG_1612377584367.jpg

FB_IMG_1612377597963.jpg

j

As a data point, how many miles is your daily commute? Any idea roughly how many miles you were putting on the truck annually?

ED
Roughly 40 a day Ed if just to and from work. 55 if it was a day where I have to take kids to school prior to work. It was also the quick runs to get take out, groceries, some small item in town, runs to Jackson or UMC for training which im fixing to be doing more of. Also, its just a heck of a lot easier to park at all those places in the car. Like T Town for instance for games.

I personally think the oldest DD should have a red convertible corvette. I loved mine. Put the top down, turn up the radio & loved the curve roads I drove home. Only drove the car when the weather was beautiful, no rain. We can discuss this more in June (lol) You can thank me then.
Uhhh...you seen her drive!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter