• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

@Teamubr you have heard the story of bert teaching me to drive a manual transmission yes? It’s classic.
Pretty sure I have. I gave up trying to teach Ian on my old Mini. The only stick shift I have now is the RS. I'm not sure 350 HP and AWD in a little car is the best to learn on. His friend, Blake, has a Fiesta ST that also only comes with a stick. It only has 197 HP, but even a smaller car. I'm pretty sure Blake likes his clutch more than he likes Ian knowing how to use it.

j

Let me get a hold of her. She'll be trail braking, heel and toe shifting and hitting an apex in no time. :)

j

I signed her up for defensive driving course with local highway patrol. They are tough on them. Figure the fear will be worth it.

We can take her over to The Dragon in June for some laughs!

I signed her up for defensive driving course with local highway patrol. They are tough on them. Figure the fear will be worth it.

We can take her over to The Dragon in June for some laughs!
Running the Dragon with her may not have the intended outcome. She may like it a little too much.

The defensive driving course is a great idea.

Seat time. That is the biggest predictor of how well a new driver will do. The more supervised hours she can get behind the wheel, the more she will be forced to learn situational awareness and understand how the car will react in different situations. Illinois requires 60 hours behind the wheel in varying conditions with so many hours at night, before you can get you license. HPDE (driving school to get you eligible for a competition license) has 4 levels and takes several years and many hours on track and in the class room. There are sign off drives to advance to the next level, but the whole point is to get you seat time in a variety of situations.

j

@tiggerdad, Downtown Atlanta :scared:, if she can do that, she can do anything

Funny, people say the same thing when I tell them I used to drive Commercial Bus Service in to NYC. We used to some in and out using the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel. Passing another bus in the Holland tunnel you had 2 inches to spare between busses at 40mph. The Lincoln tunnel is more fun, in the afternoon you get a center bus lane outbound while the two outside lanes are incoming traffic, and no dividers.

Driving any large vehicle in NYC prepares you for a lot. I remember friends freaking out when I took them through manhattan as a middle of the night shortcut to get out of LI to head up to Pocono Raceway with a 24' trailer.

But even learning the basics of a manual transmission is a life skill. You never know when you might need that ability to drive an old manual transmission vehicle.

But even learning the basics of a manual transmission is a life skill. You never know when you might need that ability to drive an old manual transmission vehicle.
Driving a stick is a dying art. One of the performance vehicle sites I'm on post a list each year of the vehicles available with a manual. The list gets shorter every year and many of them are vehicles 99% of the population wouldn't or couldn't buy.

Even some of the higher end sports cars are only coming with dual clutch, paddle shift, "semi" automatics that don't use a clutch pedal.

j

Oh, we got us a project!

My sister had an old golf cart, 2001 Club Car that they used up until about 2007 when the batteries gave up the ghost. It was parked under their shed and left there to rot.

Last week I was cleaning up some things behind her house and she mentioned she'd like me to throw it away since it was in her way... :sad2:

Soooo, I got an idea. :scratchin

I got DW to ride 4 wheeler up to her house with me. Told her we "needed to get something". You should of seen her eyes!

I got her to pull me home on my new baby!
Ain't she a bute?!
20210131_163440.jpg

20210131_163448.jpg

20210131_163455.jpg

20210131_163504.jpg

20210131_163509.jpg

20210131_163515.jpg

Best part is it came with a half full bottle of Wal Mart starting fluid! Little confused why that would be on a 48 volt cart...

Those rims are a little crusty.

Mike I have built my fair share of carts, probably about 15-20 by now.

Before:

After:

Worked on EZGO and Club Car, so well versed in both. Let me know if you have questions or looking for soruces.

I have a 2014 club that is 4 seater that we keep clean for using around yard. I think I'm gonna make this into something more for me to use on the 100 acres.

Lift it up, put fold down seat with gate on rear, little better tread tire, stronger springs and lights. May paint it, not sure.

New batteries and a bath are priorities now.

That golf cart is gonna get tricked up and decked out to go off-road in the Mississippi All-Invitational Golf Cart Rodeo. That's what is in its future.

My question is, tiggerdad, will this be a home property vehicle or do you want to take it to the Fort and other campgrounds where it's allowed?

Ed

PS - it looks like it has good "bones" as a starting point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter