The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Since a lot of you have not met Arnold (Grumpy Aggie) his Granddaughters & Son did a wonderful obituary & lots of pictures (mostly of our Ft. Wilderness/Disney World) visits. You can go to Marrs-Jones Funeral Home, Bastrop, Tx. Arnold is the 1st picture to come up. Arnold will have Baloo & Donald Duck with him in heaven. Thank you all for the wonderful prayers & thought. Be safe - In Christ's love

Prayers and comfort for you and your family.

I have to edit to add this...

I went to the video as I had not met in person or seen before, but I watched the entire, beautifully done video and it was an emotional experience none the less...what a beautiful family and life he had.

Last edited:

Well another musical act has been done away with by Disney, Yeehaa Bob will not return to Port Orleans. Sad.
Dang! Bob was one of my first Disney experiences. First trip to Disney in 2009 stayed at Port Orleans and watched him that night.

I can see why Disney might lay off some part time staff. I think they laying off lots of live performers is kind of a bad trend. The live performances are what I felt helped Disney stand out from the rest of them. I do hope that they bring a long of this back or attempt to as they continue to reopen.

The world showcase without live performers would cause me to lose interest in it quickly.

This.

And the musical acts/mimes, chinese tumblers, bands, etc. I got upset when they cut the Muppets show from in front of Hall of Presidents at MK recently. And Yee Haa Bob. And the street characters on Main Street and Hollywood Boulevard have been cut back over the years. What's next? Meet-and-greet CMs? Parade performers

What's going to be left over will be a glorified amusement park (rides). Will our nightly singalong leader ever return to FW?

Not happy.

ED

This.

And the musical acts/mimes, chinese tumblers, bands, etc. I got upset when they cut the Muppets show from in front of Hall of Presidents at MK recently. And Yee Haa Bob. And the street characters on Main Street and Hollywood Boulevard have been cut back over the years. What's next? Meet-and-greet CMs? Parade performers

What's going to be left over will be a glorified amusement park (rides). Will our nightly singalong leader ever return to FW?

Not happy.

ED
All the while you have me who is trying to get them to sell me an annual pass and they won't. I'm like here, take my money...nope. Now close to 10 hours have been spent on the phone by DW as we tried again yesterday after the announcement they were "selectively" selling AP's to folks. I go down, I stay on property, I buy souvenirs, I eat their food...I'm just asking for an AP...come on. Seems my money isn't what they want right now.

I sure hope the performers come back as Disney increases capacity. With so much closed, including DL, and the limited hours, this isn't surprising.
This will be Chapek's deal if he is using the virus as a convenient excuse to do what he intended. Some not nice comments on some other forums about this.

On an other sad note, I closed the pool today. I was in over the weekend (80s), but it has been highs in the 60s ever since with lows in the 40s and the long term doesn't look any better.

20200930_175456_copy_1843x1037.jpg

j

I went outside, looked up at the sky, and waved, Jimmy! :wave2:

It's a beautiful cool morning here - hope it's smooth air up there.

Ed
It’s beautiful up here, too! Headed to Houston for a few hours. :wave2: Back at ya!

Did you see them, Jimmy? :yay:

I was a little too far north... only 600 miles or so..

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter