• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Disney Box Made Me Do It TRIP REPORT STARTED SEE SIG LINE

I'm a teacher too! Isn't it so hard to plan trips around the school calendar? Just once, I'd like to go when school is in session.

Your children are adorable :)

Ohhh and I can't wait for your Fuzzy Disney Math update. That's my favorite kind of math :goodvibes

It is hard to plan around the school calendar, but I think we have a week where most of the Northeast will still be in session--possibly about 1/2 of the US will still be in school. I hope.

Thanks about my kids--they are a mess, but they are in my eyes, the best.

Ah, fizzy Disney Math! It is always so great!

Hi :wave2:! Found your PTR and subbed in!! Your first post is a riot!! Looking forward to reading along. :) :goodvibes

:welcome:

I've never been a mathematician. DH is a math teacher, and honestly, the most math I've ever learned was from dh trying out lessons on me. (Sorry to all of my math teachers out there, especially Mrs. Puryear and Ms. Cox) This is always funny, because when it comes tax time, dh has me do the taxes because "he's not good with numbers." More like, he's unorganized.

Which leads me to fuzzy Disney math. In January, when I priced the trip, it was for 5 days (4 nights) and less than $3000. As it stands today, the trip is 8 days (7 nights) at $3505. But how did I get there? How did I go from less than $3000 to $3505?

Well we started off POR with Water Park, 5 days and DDP--$2561.84

Then I decided we needed one more day to do one and a half days in Epcot and Magic Kingdom. . .new price of $2813.75.

Then I decided I wanted the Deluxe Plan, my favorite for Dining review purposes. . . .$3353.75

And then, Park hoppers would be just a drop in the bucket next to all of that. . .$3630.67.

And then, if I just dropped the Park hoppers and added one more day, Fuzzy Disney Math told me that I'd only pay $3746.98.

And at one point, I looked at the numbers and caught my breath.

What was the Deluxe plan saving me? I mean, how many of those meals would end up being me canceling an ADR and doing a CS anyway? And how about tips? By my calculation, a whopping $427.31! Seriously!

And it was all getting out of control. I mean, was this a Disney Trip or my own personal bailout for the Walt Disney Travel Company?

I did the Fuzzy Disney Dining Math. . .Using the regular dining plan, we could save over $700, which would be more than enough to cover groceries, tips, and any additional meals not covered in the regular dining plan.

Next were the tickets. $267 for the Park Hoppers when I found only 2 days where we might want to hop. . .we could do without.

Then came $101 for the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Suites on the last night. Did I really care to have that kind of headache? Moving offsite one night, to buy park tickets for another day because we wanted one more park day? Uhm, no.

So, now we are May 29-June 5, all at POR with the regular dining plan and water park tickets. Cost: $1000 more than the original trip I quoted to dh. And somehow, I was able to explain it all in fuzzy Disney math to dh in a way that he would accept it.

I take my earlier statement back--I'm a great mathematician--just at fuzzy DIsney math.

Next year, I'm going to use it to do my tax returns.

Or maybe not.

I love, love, LOVE Fuzzy Disney Math!! It has been the reason we've been able to take our family trips, and is largely responsible for my upcoming solo....:rolleyes:

I also somehow missed your prior post, but wanted to say that the pics of your family are great! Love the crab...(which is not, of course, part of your family...:lmao:... but it's neat in the picture!!)

It is hard to plan around the school calendar, but I think we have a week where most of the Northeast will still be in session--possibly about 1/2 of the US will still be in school. I hope.

Thanks about my kids--they are a mess, but they are in my eyes, the best.

Ah, fizzy Disney Math! It is always so great!

:welcome:

:lmao::rotfl::rolleyes1

I love, love, LOVE Fuzzy Disney Math!! It has been the reason we've been able to take our family trips, and is largely responsible for my upcoming solo....:rolleyes:

I also somehow missed your prior post, but wanted to say that the pics of your family are great! Love the crab...(which is not, of course, part of your family...:lmao:... but it's neat in the picture!!)

:rotfl2: It always makes you feel better, doesn't it?

I love your Fuzzy Disney Math :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Typing in the dark is apparently something that is contagious. . . :rolleyes1

or at least I think it is. The new package for Universal Orlando including
•Early Park Admission◊ to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
•Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks™ - one per person^
•Commemorative GRAND OPENING ticket – one per person
•Hotel accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel
•3-Day Base Ticket^^ to both Universal Orlando® theme parks – one theme park, per day
•Access to live entertainment◊◊ at Universal CityWalk®
(info courtesy the website below)

starts May 28, 2010.

See more information HERE.

So, what does that mean? In my humble opinion, Universal Studios let Crookshanks out of the bag. Literally. I think that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be open in Universal Islands of Adventure no later than May 28. Maybe some parts will still be closed, but some parts I think will be open.

Sweetie, my 10 year old, read all 7 Harry Potter books between August and October and scored perfect scores on the Accelerated Reader tests. She loves the Harry Potter Series.

Her birthday is May 13.

Wouldn't a great present be tickets to Universal for one day so we can go during the trip? I think so.

So, it's gonna be crowded.

It's gonna be shoulder-to-shoulder.

But if it's open, we're gonna be there.

For her.

(and maybe me, too. ;) )

yay!!! I wish I could see it!! I've only been to Universal for Halloween Horror Nights so not a really great look on the parks lol. Perhaps I need to go back soon and see!!

yay!!! I wish I could see it!! I've only been to Universal for Halloween Horror Nights so not a really great look on the parks lol. Perhaps I need to go back soon and see!!

You sure do! I'm upset, though--you should be pricing tickets for the same time as my trip, not in March! :rotfl:

Oh you definitely have to go!
She'll love it.

I think so!

Ditto! I am seriously thinking of adding a night or two to our October trip to stay at UO and go to WWHP!

It's really not a terribly expensive add-on. I think it will be crzy busy, but at least it's an awesome experience!

I'm so sorry, Nemo. I think I've just befriended the sharks in the movie. One look at my ADRs is living proof.

5/29--Coral Reef (fish)
5/30--Cape May Cafe dinner (fish)
5/31--Boma
6/1--Ohana and Cinderella's Royal Table
6/2--Tutto Italia
6/3--Captain's Grille (where I thoroughly intend to have crab legs)
6/4--Grand Floridian Cafe (and yes, the only thing that appeals to dd11 is the fish)
6/5--1900 Park Fare
6/6--Liberty Tree Tavern

So, out of 11 ADRs, we will be eating fish at over 1/3 of our meals.

Poor fishies fishies in the sea.

Life isn't always like Finding Nemo. Sometimes the fish gets eaten.

:lmao: Sometimes the fish gets eaten. :lmao:

I like your ADR choices!! We are planning three off your lists--if you do a TR I will love to read your thoughts on the others.

I saw that you scrapbook--I belatedly remember to ask about it. What type do you do? I am a traditional scrapbooker but I am considering trying my hand at digital if I get a chance.

I love your family pictures.
Wow, those crabs are BLUE.

I think going with the regular Dining Plan and saving $700 is a good plan.

I hope you do get to see WW of Harry Potter. Yup, it sure will be packed.

:lmao: Sometimes the fish gets eaten. :lmao:

I like your ADR choices!! We are planning three off your lists--if you do a TR I will love to read your thoughts on the others.

I saw that you scrapbook--I belatedly remember to ask about it. What type do you do? I am a traditional scrapbooker but I am considering trying my hand at digital if I get a chance.

:rotfl2: Fish is brain food!

As for scrapbooking, I do traditional scrapbooking. I am a former Creative Memories consultant, and I still swear by their albums.

I honestly don't think digital is for me. I have the latest CM storybook creator software. Still in the shrinkwrap, I think. I enjoy the hands-on more.

those are some yummy ADRs!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

All the adrs sound good. And yes poor:fish:

LOL, poor, poor fish. Oh well.

I do get concerned about the hypocrisy of eating fish in front of fish at Coral Reef. It all still seems kind of wrong to me.

I love your family pictures.
Wow, those crabs are BLUE.

LOL, they were blue. And they were good. :rolleyes1

I think going with the regular Dining Plan and saving $700 is a good plan.

I hope you do get to see WW of Harry Potter. Yup, it sure will be packed.

We are really hoping to go to WWoHP. It's in the plans right now. I just hope that we make it there. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter