The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

As our reservation continues to inch closer I was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with the construction noise? Also, when I made our reservation back in January for our December trip I requested concierge service, but do I also need to request this again upon check in? Our group really wants to experience club level access so I'm hoping to be able to do whatever is needed to make it happen. We have a 2 bedroom connecting suite if that matters.
We were there in May and didn't hear any construction noise at all. We are staying in the 2 bedroom connecting suite in June and I called and added the concierge request to my reservation. I'm planning to ask again when I check in. I really hope we get it! We had a club level standard room in May and it was wonderful.

Isn't the Mobile Key only available on the app of the person who reserved the room? This was the case at the GCH over Easter. I had my kids and DH sign in on their phones as "me" in the app, so we all had the Mobile Key, but the check-in CM said if they didn't sign into the app as me, they would need a plastic key card. We did get some plastic cards just in case you came back to the hotel with a dead phone battery (thanks G+!). So you would need to go to the desk for that, but you could wait until they got there.

I would not expect the room to be ready any earlier than 3-4pm. If it is earlier, that's great, but with the lack of housekeepers that Disney has been willing to hire, it takes time to turn over the rooms. Sunday is a popular check-out day and check-in day, so expect lines if you have to go to the Front Desk. I don't think they will let anyone but the lead guest on the reservation check in at the desk (as others have said), so he should do online check in on his app. He will get the "room ready" text and will have to let you know.

The lack of breakfast options there is real. Even the coffee shop ran out of many items before 9am, via Mobile Order. It would let you order something, and then when they prepared your order and were out of it, they just adjusted your bill. Not what I wanted! I wanted that darn muffin!
My friend had a mobile key via her app when we stayed there in April. The reservation was under my name, and she was listed as the second adult. She had to link the reservation in her app, but that is all it took.

We just finished a stay in one of the weirdo 2 bedroom suites. I’m not sure where the 2 bedroom connecting family suites are located, but this was our view:

25F5C69D-9CE7-4D6E-BC09-EA3940ADAFFA.jpeg
FC7D146E-D14D-4FB3-8A9A-950E688266D4.jpeg
We are already DVC members, so seeing the build’s progress was intriguing. I’m not sure other guests would feel the same way. As far as noise, it was loud. The only time it actually bothered me though was our first afternoon when I was hanging out with my youngest on the sleeper sofa in the living room (closest area of the suite to the actual construction). The banging was headache inducing. The next day though we left the parks for four hours and napped in the main bedroom without any problem.

We have another cheapie staycation at the end of July during a conference my husband has to attend. Truthfully, if it weren’t for the conference/cheaper conference room rate, I would cancel. For younger children I’m sure it doesn’t matter, but my teenagers were completely grossed out by the pool. They have certainly been spoiled by our pool at home and other Disney resort pools (Aulani). It doesn’t help that every time they go in, someone poops and everyone is forced to get out. The signage at the pool entrances about not using the pools if diarrhea has been an issue in the past 14 days was a total buzz-kill for me. 🙈🙊🤢 Sooo, all that to say YMMV, but I’d likely opt for a different resort if available. 😵‍💫

We just finished a stay in one of the weirdo 2 bedroom suites. I’m not sure where the 2 bedroom connecting family suites are located, but this was our view:

We are already DVC members, so seeing the build’s progress was intriguing. I’m not sure other guests would feel the same way. As far as noise, it was loud. The only time it actually bothered me though was our first afternoon when I was hanging out with my youngest on the sleeper sofa in the living room (closest area of the suite to the actual construction). The banging was headache inducing. The next day though we left the parks for four hours and napped in the main bedroom without any problem.

We have another cheapie staycation at the end of July during a conference my husband has to attend. Truthfully, if it weren’t for the conference/cheaper conference room rate, I would cancel. For younger children I’m sure it doesn’t matter, but my teenagers were completely grossed out by the pool. They have certainly been spoiled by our pool at home and other Disney resort pools (Aulani). It doesn’t help that every time they go in, someone poops and everyone is forced to get out. The signage at the pool entrances about not using the pools if diarrhea has been an issue in the past 14 days was a total buzz-kill for me. 🙈🙊🤢 Sooo, all that to say YMMV, but I’d likely opt for a different resort if available. 😵‍💫
That's crazy! What tower were you in? And out of curiosity, what is a weirdo 2 bedroom suite?

Is there a laundry room at Disneyland hotel? If so, where is it located?

We are booked in a 1 bedroom suite for June. The CM on the phone said those suites always only have 1 bathroom, but isn't it true that alot have 1.5 bathrooms?

I'm planning to request Frontier tower so we hopefully get 1.5 bathrooms and a balcony :)
I was told there wasn't one in the building and I'd have to go to Paradise Pier. I'm not sure if that is correct or not (my adult son did the checking).

As our reservation continues to inch closer I was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with the construction noise? Also, when I made our reservation back in January for our December trip I requested concierge service, but do I also need to request this again upon check in? Our group really wants to experience club level access so I'm hoping to be able to do whatever is needed to make it happen. We have a 2 bedroom connecting suite if that matters.

I just got back and didn't hear any noise while in the hotel. We were in the Adventure Tower. I did hear the construction during the day, outside, but it was barely noticeable to me. Once you request concierge or club level, that should have changed your room category (and price) so you should be able to see that on your reservation (Club Level). You don't need to ask about it again when checking in.

My friend had a mobile key via her app when we stayed there in April. The reservation was under my name, and she was listed as the second adult. She had to link the reservation in her app, but that is all it took.
Agree. Reservation was in my name and there was some option to allow my 2 guests access to the mobile key. I did that and no problem.

Eww about the pool and the sign (so gross lol). I don't do pools for that reason. I remember growing up and going to a nearby athletic club pool...they were constantly having to clear it out due to someone's accidental #2. I think that was traumatizing enough for me to swear off them!

I just got back and didn't hear any noise while in the hotel. We were in the Adventure Tower. I did hear the construction during the day, outside, but it was barely noticeable to me. Once you request concierge or club level, that should have changed your room category (and price) so you should be able to see that on your reservation (Club Level). You don't need to ask about it again when checking in.

Interesting. Mine just says concierge services requested on my reservation in the app. I ordered through Costco so maybe that messed it up somehow even though I talked to the Disney vacation rep on the phone when setting up up?

Interesting. Mine just says concierge services requested on my reservation in the app. I ordered through Costco so maybe that messed it up somehow even though I talked to the Disney vacation rep on the phone when setting up up?
Well, that's different. Mine definitely said Premium View Club Level Room.

Well, that's different. Mine definitely said Premium View Club Level Room.
If you are staying in a regular room there is a separate category (and price) for Club Level but when staying in a suite you can request to add Club Level but it won't be confirmed until you check in and they confirm it is available. The people who actually book Club Level in regular rooms have priority over those adding to suites (except the suites like the Fantasy Suite and Adventureland Suite which automatically have access to the lounge) so that sounds like the difference

The signage at the pool entrances about not using the pools if diarrhea has been an issue in the past 14 days was a total buzz-kill for me.
This same sign is pretty much posted at every pool at every hotel, resort, and water park. Maybe it’s a California thing, but it is not unique.

Eww about the pool and the sign (so gross lol). I don't do pools for that reason. I remember growing up and going to a nearby athletic club pool...they were constantly having to clear it out due to someone's accidental #2. I think that was traumatizing enough for me to swear off them!
That sign is a state of CA requirement for all public pools. We have them on the gates of all our community pools here too.

I'm surprised others haven't seen that sign before. I thought it was standard because I've seen it at every pool I've been to (residential/club house pool and hotels) and not just in California.

This one is obviously a joke but it made me lol!

1655418493625.png

That's crazy! What tower were you in? And out of curiosity, what is a weirdo 2 bedroom suite?

We were in the Frontier Tower. It’s a strange setup as it only accommodates six! Each bedroom has a king size bed and it’s own bathroom (which was amazing), and then there is a queen sleeper sofa in the living room plus an additional 1/2 bathroom. It was so weird to have a 2 bedroom suite just for six people! 😆 Here are some quick pics I snapped:

1ED754D6-30DC-4FAD-AD1F-FDFB7AABAEA3.jpeg
Main bedroom - slightly bitter it didn’t have the special headboard 😏

180EA2E1-94F3-4D3C-AE0F-F5DC9A13E97A.jpeg
CD055F02-BC76-4767-A2CB-75FB896247B7.jpeg
Rough pic, but view from the living room/sleeper sofa.​

We considered adding concierge as well, and the requested note was on our reservation as well. The CM I spoke with told us we’d need to find out if it was available at check-in. This is different than booking a club level room as it would be the additional $250 added per night if available. We opted to not add it as it wasn’t going to work well with our touring schedule and just did online checkin. 😊

We were in the Frontier Tower. It’s a strange setup as it only accommodates six! Each bedroom has a king size bed and it’s own bathroom (which was amazing), and then there is a queen sleeper sofa in the living room plus an additional 1/2 bathroom. It was so weird to have a 2 bedroom suite just for six people! 😆 Here are some quick pics I snapped:

View attachment 677029
Main bedroom - slightly bitter it didn’t have the special headboard 😏

View attachment 677030
View attachment 677031
Rough pic, but view from the living room/sleeper sofa.​
Wow- I thought all the beds had the light up head board! That is really some view. Is it the 2 bedroom jr suite? Or the 2 bedroom family suite? It will always be the Weirdo suite to me now, I'm just curious :)

That sign is a state of CA requirement for all public pools. We have them on the gates of all our community pools here too.
That makes sense! I guess I just never see the signs because I don't use public pools (I know, I know, it's strange lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter