The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We just stayed in the Frontier Tower on the 11th floor (facing the parking lot) from April 22nd - 29th and didn't hear any construction noise. We had one afternoon where we could here someone on a microphone that we assumed was part of a wedding party (lots of weddings over the week we were there). At the pool on the Thursday afternoon there was construction noise on the side by the water slides but just going around the other side by the Fantasy Tower and it was construction noise quiet but kids playing noisy, so you know... your choice.

We made the classic mistake of packing too much into the schedule at the beginning of the trip and not going to the pool until our last day only to realize that some of the afternoon naps could have been replaced with laying out in the sun and soaking weary feet in the hot tub. Lesson learned.

How are the sofabeds at Disneyland hotel? We'll be in a 1 bedroom family suite in June and someone will end up in the sofabed. So many sofabeds are ridiculously uncomfortable, I'm really hoping the ones at DLH are nice.

Also, if I want to add club level is it better to check in at the desk instead of mobile check in? Or should I call the morning we arrive? I know it's only a slight chance we can upgrade, but I want to at least ask. Really enjoyed club level during our last stay :)

Thanks!

How are the sofabeds at Disneyland hotel? We'll be in a 1 bedroom family suite in June and someone will end up in the sofabed. So many sofabeds are ridiculously uncomfortable, I'm really hoping the ones at DLH are nice.

Also, if I want to add club level is it better to check in at the desk instead of mobile check in? Or should I call the morning we arrive? I know it's only a slight chance we can upgrade, but I want to at least ask. Really enjoyed club level during our last stay :)

Thanks!
II would check in at front desk if you want to add concierge.

My daughters haven't had complaints about the sofa beds. (They are mid 30s.).

Would someone please give me a rundown of what I might expect for a check-in experience at DL Hotel? It will be Sunday June 5th probably early to mid morning. I will likely be arriving at the hotel before my brother and sister-in-law, and we’ve all agreed if I can get us checked before they get there, that will give us more time in the parks that day since we won’t be getting to rope drop.

- Are rooms generally available earlier in the day or should I expect to wait?

- Would you expect a long check-in line early to mid morning on a Sunday this time of year?

- It’s listed as Standard View w/ Two Queen Beds and Day Bed. Is there a certain tower, room, floor, etc. I should request or will it be luck of the draw? If there may be different tower/building options, is there a quick breakdown of the pros/cons of each?

- He booked the room but he said he’s going to fully pay ahead of time and I am already listed on the room (adult). Do you foresee this being an issue without him present?

Feel free to mention anything else I should be aware of! I’ve been to DL twice before, but each time was only for a single day and I wasn’t staying on property. Looking forward to an actual trip with three days in the parks (four for them)! Thanks!

Would someone please give me a rundown of what I might expect for a check-in experience at DL Hotel? It will be Sunday June 5th probably early to mid morning. I will likely be arriving at the hotel before my brother and sister-in-law, and we’ve all agreed if I can get us checked before they get there, that will give us more time in the parks that day since we won’t be getting to rope drop.

- Are rooms generally available earlier in the day or should I expect to wait?

- Would you expect a long check-in line early to mid morning on a Sunday this time of year?

- It’s listed as Standard View w/ Two Queen Beds and Day Bed. Is there a certain tower, room, floor, etc. I should request or will it be luck of the draw? If there may be different tower/building options, is there a quick breakdown of the pros/cons of each?

- He booked the room but he said he’s going to fully pay ahead of time and I am already listed on the room (adult). Do you foresee this being an issue without him present?

Feel free to mention anything else I should be aware of! I’ve been to DL twice before, but each time was only for a single day and I wasn’t staying on property. Looking forward to an actual trip with three days in the parks (four for them)! Thanks!
I stayed 2 weeks ago and I got the text that my room was ready at about 1:00 that day. I expect that could vary from day to day, though. In 2019 we checked in at 8am and our room wasn't ready until 4:00.

I did online check in. I ended up going to the desk for keys and there was no wait, but that was a Tuesday afternoon.

We had standard view with 2 beds/ and a day bed in Adventure tower. It was really nice. I think those are in all the towers, but maybe someone else here knows for sure.

Fantasy tower has the lobby and shops in it. Adventure tower is closest to Downtown Disney. Frontier tower is furthest from DTD. They are all super close, though, so the walk to each tower is probably only a matter of one or three minutes difference.

You probably already know, but there is major construction going on. They are building a new tower and also working on DTD. I was worried about it before we arrived, but it was hardly noticeable once we were there.

Also ... have a plan for breakfast. The lack of room service and the fact that the breakfast offerings at Tangaroa Terrace did not open early meant that we did not make it to rope drop like we had wanted to. The coffee shop opens early but has limited food options and is crowded since it is the only thing open.

Edited to add: As the second family to order breakfast at Tangaroa ... it took 35 minutes for an avocado toast and a kids pancake to come out.

Also ... have a plan for breakfast. The lack of room service and the fact that the breakfast offerings at Tangaroa Terrace did not open early meant that we did not make it to rope drop like we had wanted to. The coffee shop opens early but has limited food options and is crowded since it is the only thing open.

Edited to add: As the second family to order breakfast at Tangaroa ... it took 35 minutes for an avocado toast and a kids pancake to come out.
Good idea. Last time we did club level so we just ate there, but in 2019 it was tricky finding breakfast. I ended up stopping at Starbucks the night before for muffins etc to eat the next morning. They do have Keurigs in the rooms now.

Have your brother do online check in. There is nothing you need to do in person when you arrive. Have him enable you to have mobile key privileges and you don't even need to stop at the desk to pick up keys.

There seems to always be a long line to check in these days, unfortunately, especially mid morning.

Skip all that. Use Mobile Checkin. The main person on the reservation needs to do it via the app beginning 5 days before check in. He will need to call in an advanced payment.

Isn't the Mobile Key only available on the app of the person who reserved the room? This was the case at the GCH over Easter. I had my kids and DH sign in on their phones as "me" in the app, so we all had the Mobile Key, but the check-in CM said if they didn't sign into the app as me, they would need a plastic key card. We did get some plastic cards just in case you came back to the hotel with a dead phone battery (thanks G+!). So you would need to go to the desk for that, but you could wait until they got there.

I would not expect the room to be ready any earlier than 3-4pm. If it is earlier, that's great, but with the lack of housekeepers that Disney has been willing to hire, it takes time to turn over the rooms. Sunday is a popular check-out day and check-in day, so expect lines if you have to go to the Front Desk. I don't think they will let anyone but the lead guest on the reservation check in at the desk (as others have said), so he should do online check in on his app. He will get the "room ready" text and will have to let you know.

The lack of breakfast options there is real. Even the coffee shop ran out of many items before 9am, via Mobile Order. It would let you order something, and then when they prepared your order and were out of it, they just adjusted your bill. Not what I wanted! I wanted that darn muffin!

Your brother can check in online and put the credit card on the account from his My DIsneyland. After this, you only need to go to the front desk to get a key for the room. Your brother will get a text (or whoever's phone number he lists) when the room is ready. Many people check out on Sundays, so I wouldn't count on an early check in. But make sure he lists that you will be arriving at 10am when he does check in.

As far as rooms, all towers have their pros and cons. Standards tend to be on lower floors. Frontier tower is a minute or 2 further than the Adventure tower, but f you come back from DCA thru the Grand, it is the closest tower. The Fantasy Tower has the gift shops if you forget something or need an evening snack. Tangaroa Terrace is close to all 3, but it is busy in the AM.

Is there a laundry room at Disneyland hotel? If so, where is it located?

We are booked in a 1 bedroom suite for June. The CM on the phone said those suites always only have 1 bathroom, but isn't it true that alot have 1.5 bathrooms?

I'm planning to request Frontier tower so we hopefully get 1.5 bathrooms and a balcony :)

Its about 50/50 on the extra 1/2 bath. The laundry facility was demolished when the started the DVC unit. You can take laundry to the Paradise Pier. It is about a 5 min walk from the Frontier tower. There is a gate at the far end oof the Rose garden you can use to exit and enter the property with your key card.

Hello DLH experts!

I am really still in shock that we are going to be staying here. We've been on three previous trips since 2017, but stayed at good neighbor on harbor. This is going to be a dream trip and we are staying a full 7 nights at DLH. We will arrive around 11am our first day, have 5 full park days plus a day for OBB (so 6 full days) and then don't fly home until around 5pm our last day. So we have plenty of time to enjoy the hotel. We are also afternoon break people. The new of early entry for hotel guests returning is music to my ears because hitting the parks hard in the morning and then breaking before coming back for evening and shows is totally our style. However, my park knowledge is top notch, but since we always have stayed on the Harbor side, my knowledge of the DLH and the area past DTD is limited. So I'm listing my questions and hope you can help!

Is the best route for Rope Drop/ early entry through DTD and to the esplanade? For both DCA and DL?

Can DLH guest use the GCH DCA entrance? what is the advantage of using it? Is there an entrance from DTD into the GCH? We plan to do the princess breakfast and I am trying visualize the routes? I remember before we did a character breakfast at paradise pier and we could enter the Grand using the DCA entrance, but we couldn't come back through due to a locked gate. Does being a DLH guest get you through that gate?

We booked a regular standard view. My friend said to request the fantasy tour due to construction- any other room request tips?

I assume they will hold luggage and you can use the pool everyday of your stay, including check in and check out days? I read there is a good changing area. Are you able to request late checkout?

Tips for the pool? plan to spend a lot of time there.

Anything else a first timer here should absolutely know about?

As our reservation continues to inch closer I was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with the construction noise? Also, when I made our reservation back in January for our December trip I requested concierge service, but do I also need to request this again upon check in? Our group really wants to experience club level access so I'm hoping to be able to do whatever is needed to make it happen. We have a 2 bedroom connecting suite if that matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter