The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

What does "Standard Room Only" mean here? No parrot or serving wenches?
No discounts. When you have any other room, if you have a discount (Spring Magical Rate, Magical Getaway) it lists it there. But no parrot or wenches in that room.....
Lol - I just booked an emergency trip as well! I love this term for it!
Me too. I had something come up that I need to be on site for, So might as well come down a couple days early! (Don't have to be there til Monday...)

Swimming on arrival day. We arrive by plan at like 9:30am. I assume the pool opens at 10? We will have minimal luggage, but will have our swim stuff. Will bell services hold our bags for us and is there a public restroom we can use to change into swim gear so we can hit the pool?
Yes, this is what we always do. There is a bathroom inside the pool. You might need to ask for a pool key if your room is not ready yet.

Any reports from the pool, as to noise? Planning on doing a cabana, for arrival day. Any suggestions as to the best location? Figure around the main swimming pooling would be best, as the kids wouldn't be sliding all the time. I'll be in the pool with the youngest, and the other grandma on deck watching the other two. They are 9 and 7 and pretty good swimmers. The 5 year old is getting there, could probably swim across by herself now, but I'm not letting her in without me, even if I do bring a floaty vest
Do they take requests

Any reports from the pool, as to noise? Planning on doing a cabana, for arrival day. Any suggestions as to the best location? Figure around the main swimming pooling would be best, as the kids wouldn't be sliding all the time. I'll be in the pool with the youngest, and the other grandma on deck watching the other two. They are 9 and 7 and pretty good swimmers. The 5 year old is getting there, could probably swim across by herself now, but I'm not letting her in without me, even if I do bring a floaty vest
Do they take requests
We were at the pool every day Sunday till Thursday and I heard no noise from construction. I actually forgot about the construction.

Do they take requests
The three cabanas near the main swimming pool and away from the slides are #4, 5 and 6. I don’t see why you couldn’t request one of these knowing it wouldn’t be guaranteed.

Hello! We are tentatively planning our first ever DLH stay in early June (just me and my 10 year old).

Any advice on room requests based on location, construction, etc.? We'd likely book a standard room. Is one tower better than the other? Is Fantasy tower the closest to the parks?

We'd love a quiet room if possible (I'm a light sleeper).

Do they take requests

We went to the pool this week and the construction literally looks down on the slide area. I could hear noise from it if I paid attention but honestly for us it didn't detract. If you're worried about it though, requesting a cabana in the lower section would remove you more from the construction, I think. The slide area cabanas face the construction.

Hello! We are tentatively planning our first ever DLH stay in early June (just me and my 10 year old).

Any advice on room requests based on location, construction, etc.? We'd likely book a standard room. Is one tower better than the other? Is Fantasy tower the closest to the parks?

We're currently in the Frontier tower and haven't noticed the construction noise from our room at all. However, we do hear music and whatnot from the Trader Sam's/Tangaroa area (our room looks out into the middle between the buildings). I honestly think having a room on the outside (opposite of where we are) would be a bigger factor if you are trying to avoid noise vs avoiding the construction specifically.

Anyone have any advice on which tower to book that has the best view right now? I booked a premium view so I’d like a somewhat decent view. But I know there’s construction going on. I’m leaning toward fantasy tower but not sure what it looks like right now

Could anyone tell me what type of coffee makers are in the rooms at the Disneyland Hotel? Are they the regular 4-cup drip or do they have Keurigs? Do all room types have the same type of coffee maker?
I spoke to someone in reservations at the hotel yesterday, but she wasn't sure.
Thank you! :coffee:

Could anyone tell me what type of coffee makers are in the rooms at the Disneyland Hotel? Are they the regular 4-cup drip or do they have Keurigs? Do all room types have the same type of coffee maker?
I spoke to someone in reservations at the hotel yesterday, but she wasn't sure.
Thank you! :coffee:

Its a Keurig that makes 12oz cups. Just checked out a couple days ago.

Do they take requests

We went to the hot tub Tuesday morning around 9:30. The construction noise was bad. It was a lot of banging, metal against metal that reverberated.

We were also at the pool Sunday afternoon. No construction on Sundays, so it was nice.

Anyone have any advice on which tower to book that has the best view right now? I booked a premium view so I’d like a somewhat decent view. But I know there’s construction going on. I’m leaning toward fantasy tower but not sure what it looks like right now
View from Fantasy Tower Pool View from last weekend.

DBD8F7B8-9536-40F3-BF8B-A45896D02531.jpeg

My brother and SIL had a pool view from Adventure tower (fourth floor) and it was a better view because you couldn’t really see the crane from that angle.

Adventure Tower is closer but it's probably negligible compared to the Fantasy Tower and it really depends on the room.

Adventure Tower pool view might be the best choice right now because of the construction on the DTD side.

Adventure Tower is closer but it's probably negligible compared to the Fantasy Tower and it really depends on the room.

Adventure Tower pool view might be the best choice right now because of the construction on the DTD side.
We had a room on the 4th floor of the adventure tower facing DTD. Did not hear one thing. It was one of the quietest rooms I've ever had anywhere. We were at the far end closest to Frontier tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter