The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Can I call and make a payment using gift cards prior to my checkin? I do this at WDW, using 2-3 gift cards to pay off the balance in lieu of having my credit card charged on checkin day - not sure if DLH is the same? (Trying to find - apologies if it’s already talked about in the forum!)

Can I call and make a payment using gift cards prior to my checkin? I do this at WDW, using 2-3 gift cards to pay off the balance in lieu of having my credit card charged on checkin day - not sure if DLH is the same? (Trying to find - apologies if it’s already talked about in the forum!)
Yes, you can also look up your room reservation in the app and pay the balance

I noticed an answer on the plan disney site that stated that you could request a microwave for your room at the Disneyland Hotel. But this was dated a year ago.
Has anyone done this at DLH?

Anyone else wish they’d finally announce the “big plans” for what’s to become of the former Steakhouse 55? Really missing a nice sit down restaurant at DLH.
What was the reason for its closure? Was it purely pandemic related or something else?

Does anyone know the location(s) of the 2-bedroom family connecting suites? And if so, which would be the best tower/location to request to have the quietest rooms?
Like two one bedrooms connected to make a two bedroom suite? If yes then such a configuration is available in the Fantasy Tower.

I noticed an answer on the plan disney site that stated that you could request a microwave for your room at the Disneyland Hotel. But this was dated a year ago.
Has anyone done this at DLH?
It is usually a medical need. There are only a few. There are microwaves in all the buildings. In the Adventure Tower, on the ground floor in the room where the vending machines are. In Frontier Tower, it is also on the ground floor.

Like two one bedrooms connected to make a two bedroom suite? If yes then such a configuration is available in the Fantasy Tower.
Those are generally in the Fantasy and Frontier tower. I prefer the Frontier Tower, but many like Fantasy better.

What was the reason for its closure? Was it purely pandemic related or something else?
I don’t believe there was ever any stated reason. It didn’t open initially when the parks and hotels reopened, I would assume because of staffing, just like the many other things that did not open initially. And at some point they announced that it would be closed permanently.

Curiously this was around the same time that the similarly themed Steakhouse 71 opened in WDW.

Part of me has always wondered whether the closure is part of some larger plans the DLH with the addition of the DVC tower. Regardless, I assume they will one day have a sit down restaurant at the DLH. I just wish they would get on with it!

Have to travel to the Anaheim area for work next month so thought I’d see what was available at the DLH. Only one room type is. I always wondered how much these suites cost lol!

View attachment 665048
That is actually on the low side (so must be a week day. Generally it is $4500 a night Fri-Mon. Plus tax. Don't forget to add the $650 a night tax on that!

Swimming on arrival day. We arrive by plan at like 9:30am. I assume the pool opens at 10? We will have minimal luggage, but will have our swim stuff. Will bell services hold our bags for us and is there a public restroom we can use to change into swim gear so we can hit the pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter