The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Yes, they accept tips. Even the concierge people at the desk accept tips. We made the mistake of giving a large tip to the concierge thinking she would pass it to the servers and found out on our next visit that they only get tips that you give them directly. I've also seen people bring in envelopes with specific names on them, but they still hand those directly to the person they want to receive it.

This is exactly right. We make sure to give them a tip as soon we interact with them instead of leaving it on the table. There is the kindest gentleman that used to work in the E-ticket Lounge. It's been so long I can't remember his name. I really hope he came back (unless, of course, he found a much better job where he is treated well) and is there when we are next time. He always remembers us and usually has soy milk waiting for my daughter in the mornings. Seriously one of the best CMs in all the land. And he would never accept our tips, even though he definitely deserved them.

This is exactly right. We make sure to give them a tip as soon we interact with them instead of leaving it on the table. There is the kindest gentleman that used to work in the E-ticket Lounge. It's been so long I can't remember his name. I really hope he came back (unless, of course, he found a much better job where he is treated well) and is there when we are next time. He always remembers us and usually has soy milk waiting for my daughter in the mornings. Seriously one of the best CMs in all the land. And he would never accept our tips, even though he definitely deserved them.
Sounds like Robert.

Yes, they accept tips. Even the concierge people at the desk accept tips. We made the mistake of giving a large tip to the concierge thinking she would pass it to the servers and found out on our next visit that they only get tips that you give them directly. I've also seen people bring in envelopes with specific names on them, but they still hand those directly to the person they want to receive it.
Yes, hand it directly to the server. At Christmas, we do envelopes.
ROBERT!!! I usually have it in an envelope with his name on it. Ask him about his band.....

Yes, hand it directly to the server. At Christmas, we do envelopes.
ROBERT!!! I usually have it in an envelope with his name on it. Ask him about his band.....

YES!!! Robert!!!! My daughter said his name was Robert but I am shocked she remembers that. She has epilepsy and for years her brain had a hard time turning short term memory into long term, so remembering names and people was a struggle for her. I cannot believe she remembers him that well, he clearly made a huge impression on her over the years. We’ve talked about his family before and my husband said something about a band so they must have talked about that at some point. The first time we met him, my daughter was playing with a younger boy that looked a lot like her. He asked if he was her little brother and she said, “No. I don’t have any brothers or sisters, but I wish I did.” She told us yesterday, “I hope Robert is there so I can show him I finally have a little brother. He will be so excited.” I looked at her and said, “Who’s Robert?” 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣😂 Unfortunately, there were no concierge level rooms available when I booked tomorrow’s trip. I’m hoping to add it to our room when we get there, but it’s likely we won’t see him this trip.

But the very last time we saw him I think was at the beginning of March 2020. We tried to tip him and he refused to take it from us. He said we were such a nice family and he really appreciated our kindness, and that was all he needed (or something like that). My husband and I talked about it afterward, and we think he must have been having a rough day or something. Hopefully it wasn’t because people were treating him unkindly, how can someone not be nice to Robert??

Last edited:
We just stayed Club Level last week and enjoyed it so much! When I get more time, I will add pictures and an in-depth review.

The servers were all fantastic. It made me a little sad, though, because I didn't notice anyone else tipping. There were a few people that we noticed ordering quite a few alcoholic bevs during the time we popped in for a bit during lunch/dinner (which is fine as it is included) but I really didn't see anyone tip. When we did, the servers seemed really grateful.

I know how it feels for people to stiff on tipping after working really hard, so I never want someone else to feel that way. My #1 tip is to bring plenty of cash and keep some on you to tip!

Unfortunately, they only have juice boxes and canned soda to take, no bottled water which is what we would have wanted to take. They do not pool tips. We didn't know our first time and accidently stiffed some of our servers.
Disney has been trying to cut back on the plastics, so they have water, tea, and lemonade in the pitchers that you can use a cup and refill your reusables, but they stopped the bottle waters about 5 years ago. (I used to shake my head watching people come in and take 20 with them....)
I know how it feels for people to stiff on tipping after working really hard, so I never want someone else to feel that way. My #1 tip is to bring plenty of cash and keep some on you to tip!
I keep an envelope that I put all smaller bills in between trips so I am not caught without. Now I am figuring out all my tip envelopes for our upcoming Disney cruise!!

Disney has been trying to cut back on the plastics, so they have water, tea, and lemonade in the pitchers that you can use a cup and refill your reusables, but they stopped the bottle waters about 5 years ago. (I used to shake my head watching people come in and take 20 with them....)
I keep an envelope that I put all smaller bills in between trips so I am not caught without. Now I am figuring out all my tip envelopes for our upcoming Disney cruise!!

Isn’t there a little water fountain/bottle filler right next to the espresso machine? Maybe I’m remembering wrong…

Does anyone know if the king bedrooms have daybeds? I booked the 2 bedroom suite thinking it would have at least 3 beds, but I called today to verify and it turns out the one I booked only has 2 king beds. I'm hoping there might be a daybed in at least one of the bedrooms, too.
I'll see if I can switch to 4 queens at check in, but the CM sounded doubtful that I'd be able to. She thought there might be a sofabed in the living room but wasn't certain. I requested Fantasy tower because she said it has the most suites and best chance of changing later.

Does anyone know if the king bedrooms have daybeds? I booked the 2 bedroom suite thinking it would have at least 3 beds, but I called today to verify and it turns out the one I booked only has 2 king beds. I'm hoping there might be a daybed in at least one of the bedrooms, too.
I'll see if I can switch to 4 queens at check in, but the CM sounded doubtful that I'd be able to. She thought there might be a sofabed in the living room but wasn't certain. I requested Fantasy tower because she said it has the most suites and best chance of changing later.

They assign suites based on the number of people staying in your room. Disneyland “counts” people as 2 people per king or queen, and 1 person for a day bed. If you have 4 people in your party, that’s likely why you got a 2 king/2 bedroom suite.

The sofa in the living room is usually a pull out queen.

They assign suites based on the number of people staying in your room. Disneyland “counts” people as 2 people per king or queen, and 1 person for a day bed. If you have 4 people in your party, that’s likely why you got a 2 king/2 bedroom suite.

Thanks! My sister might be joining us for part of it so I guess I should add her to the reservation if it isn't too late.

I couldn’t add my sister and nieces because they already had tickets and I bought ours as a package. I have a 3 bedroom suite that shows 4 on the reservation but there’s 8 of us. It says sleeps 11-14 so should be ok and most won’t mind sharing a bed! A pain not to be able to add tho!

I couldn’t add my sister and nieces because they already had tickets and I bought ours as a package. I have a 3 bedroom suite that shows 4 on the reservation but there’s 8 of us. It says sleeps 11-14 so should be ok and most won’t mind sharing a bed! A pain not to be able to add tho!
I would still call and check about adding. They will need to be added when you arrive at minimum, and as one person had an issue with not being able to add. There is a possibility of getting 3 king beds and a sofa sleeper. But that should sleep the 8 of you.

I would still call and check about adding. They will need to be added when you arrive at minimum, and as one person had an issue with not being able to add. There is a possibility of getting 3 king beds and a sofa sleeper. But that should sleep the 8 of you.
Thanks. I did call, messaged and emailed….. they couldn’t add but there is a record anyway! As long as the 15 year old boy has his own bed we’re good to go! The rest of us don’t mind sharing. I read someone else had canceled their booking and re booked room only then bought tickets separately but it was too late for me to do that. I’d be stressed if I had a 2 bedroom (which is what I originally had).

Thanks. I did call, messaged and emailed….. they couldn’t add but there is a record anyway! As long as the 15 year old boy has his own bed we’re good to go! The rest of us don’t mind sharing. I read someone else had canceled their booking and re booked room only then bought tickets separately but it was too late for me to do that. I’d be stressed if I had a 2 bedroom (which is what I originally had).

You are going to need a room key for everyone staying in order to access the pool. At least, in theory. Why can't they add the people?

Just wondering if you spoke to a supervisor. I called yesterday to change my dates and add someone to the reservation, but for some reason the CM couldn't do that. She directed me to a supervisor, who was able to help me with my changes. It might be worth a try for you to call again.

You are going to need a room key for everyone staying in order to access the pool. At least, in theory. Why can't they add the people?
They said I couldn’t add on the phone but I can when we check in. It was because I bought a package instead of room only and they already had tickets. I would of had to put them onto the package and buy more tickets so obviously that wasn’t an option!

The room categories listed on the site are standard, deluxe, premium, and premium downtown disney. Deluxe and premium are both listed as pool views. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter