The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Are you allowed to use the pools at DLH after checkout? We'll have about 4 hours between check out and when we need to get to the airport but we'll have used up our park tickets. I'll try to get Trader Sam's lunch reservations for that day and I thought it would be fun to swim if we're allowed. Do they have changing areas around the pool or would we need to use the hotel bathroom?

Do they ever allow late checkout?

Thanks!

Question? Can you still cut thru the GCH when leaving DCA to return to the DLH?
Yes. And the gates have key scans to get into the DLH nearer to the Frontier tower so you don't have to walk all the way around.
Are you allowed to use the pools at DLH after checkout? We'll have about 4 hours between check out and when we need to get to the airport but we'll have used up our park tickets. I'll try to get Trader Sam's lunch reservations for that day and I thought it would be fun to swim if we're allowed. Do they have changing areas around the pool or would we need to use the hotel bathroom?

Thanks!
Typically if they allow "late check out" it is only extended til 1pm. Yes, you can use the pool all day. There is a place to change near the pool, though I am not sure where (my kids did it in Sept.)

Does anyone know when June 2022 room discounts would drop?

I have been waiting for any kind of discount for May. We currently have DLH booked, as well as Tropicana Inn as a back-up. I really would love to stay at DLH but don't know if it's worth rack rate, especially with no early morning hours or any real on-site benefits, but I've been stalking the site daily to see if any discounts drop!

Ive even looking for rooms but for some reason during the days I want there is only availability for 1 or 2 adults but once I add a child it says there any no rooms available. I thought all/most rooms accommodated up to 5 guests is that not the case?

Ive even looking for rooms but for some reason during the days I want there is only availability for 1 or 2 adults but once I add a child it says there any no rooms available. I thought all/most rooms accommodated up to 5 guests is that not the case?
They might be down to just a couple King rooms left. What dates are you looking for?

They might be down to just a couple King rooms left. What dates are you looking for?
Yea that’s what I was thinking but I thought maybe the king rooms had at least a pull out bed or something. Looking at anything from 19-25 we just need 2 or 3 nights on site. Preferably DLH but wouldn’t mind PPH or GCH. We might just have to book offsite.

Any word on if construction at the new DVC tower is affecting things more at the rest of the hotel? Also curious to see how the downtown Disney construction changes things before our trip in December.

Any word on if construction at the new DVC tower is affecting things more at the rest of the hotel? Also curious to see how the downtown Disney construction changes things before our trip in December.
From what I have read it doesn't look like the construction f the DVC is affecting things much. We will be there next week and will report back.

Does anyone know if all DLH hotels have Keurigs now instead of Cuisinart?

From what I have read it doesn't look like the construction f the DVC is affecting things much. We will be there next week and will report back.

Does anyone know if all DLH hotels have Keurigs now instead of Cuisinart?

Any word on how the hotel experience went for you guys? Our trip is inching closer at a snails pace and I'm drooling for any news I can get especially regarding the DLH.

Any word on how the hotel experience went for you guys? Our trip is inching closer at a snails pace and I'm drooling for any news I can get especially regarding the DLH.
It went great. We had never stayed in Adventure tower and did request it and got it. We did not do check in on the phone but once we arrived at around 7:15 am. Checked in and left our bags with the bellman and went to the parks. We were walking back around 12 to look through DtD when we got a text our room was ready.

Elevator in Adventure tower does take forever. We would sometimes use the one on the other end. We had a deluxe room and everything was great. New carpet, new beds, no more happily ever after pillow 😢 but fireworks headboard still there. We did have a keuring with Jeoffreys (sp) coffee.

We did order in the morning from the coffee house and it took an extra 15 min once I said I was there. We normally stay at DLH during very busy times and had never waited in more than a one to 2 person line or had to order ahead. It might have been because there was a dance competition at the hotel.

I did not hear any construction noise at all. Not sure if it is because they might have not been working but I am sure I saw construction workers there. We were in Frontier tower when they were remodeling the pool last and also did not really hear anything. Our stay was great overall. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

We stayed last week, Club level in the adventure tower and didn’t notice a peep from the construction. However there was a band playing until 11pm on Sunday night in DTD that was quite noisy. If it wasn’t for the all free beer and wine from the lounge, there is no way we could have slept thru it. 😂

It might have been because there was a dance competition at the hotel.
We were there at the same time. When we arrived, we ere greeted by a couple of the valets who know us, and their first words were "Oh, we didn't know you were with Show Stoppers!" We gave him a look, and reminded him we were not. But this reminded me our next trip will also be a Show Stopper weekend.

The "front" elevator can take longer first thing in the morning, or during check out time, or at night when everyone is returning. We tend to use the far bank simply because it is easier for us.

Thanks!
I can confirm we did this in Dec 2021. The change rooms by the pools are quite large and of course clean. It was great to be able to relax by the pool all afternoon and enjoy a dole whip with rum in the hot tub. ;)

We were there at the same time. When we arrived, we ere greeted by a couple of the valets who know us, and their first words were "Oh, we didn't know you were with Show Stoppers!" We gave him a look, and reminded him we were not. But this reminded me our next trip will also be a Show Stopper weekend.

The "front" elevator can take longer first thing in the morning, or during check out time, or at night when everyone is returning. We tend to use the far bank simply because it is easier for us.
we have stayed many times over the Christmas holiday and other DL events and have never seen the pool as packed and busy as this time during the dance competition. The weather wasn't even that great.

And yes we learned after the first couple of times to just walk over to the other side. It was our first time in Adventure tower probably because we mostly stay in standard rooms.

Hi we will be staying at the DL hotel in early June. We have 2 teens. It will be our first time staying on property and most of my family's first time at DL at all! We can't wait. We will be traveling around different places around California, 3 nights at DL. We are splurging since it's a one-time thing vacation and are staying Club Level at the DL Hotel. Any recent reviews about how club level is at the hotel? Any tips, recommendations or things not to miss about staying club level there or the hotel in general?

Thanks!!

Any tips, recommendations or things not to miss about staying club level there or the hotel in general?
The biggest tip I have is to be sure to pay attention to the times of the breakfast and happy hour. You can bring plates back to your room and you'll have a mini fridge. We took deviled eggs and cheese from breakfast since protein seems to be harder to get on the go throughout the day. If you bring ziplock baggies, you can put some trail mix/crackers/etc in them and bring into the parks. Unfortunately, they only have juice boxes and canned soda to take, no bottled water which is what we would have wanted to take. They do not pool tips. We didn't know our first time and accidently stiffed some of our servers.

The biggest tip I have is to be sure to pay attention to the times of the breakfast and happy hour. You can bring plates back to your room and you'll have a mini fridge. We took deviled eggs and cheese from breakfast since protein seems to be harder to get on the go throughout the day. If you bring ziplock baggies, you can put some trail mix/crackers/etc in them and bring into the parks. Unfortunately, they only have juice boxes and canned soda to take, no bottled water which is what we would have wanted to take. They do not pool tips. We didn't know our first time and accidently stiffed some of our servers.

So the servers in the E-Ticket lounge can accept tips? It's been a couple years but I recall that the servers in CL lounges at WDW were not allowed to accept tips or gifts of any kind. Thanks for the info!

So the servers in the E-Ticket lounge can accept tips? It's been a couple years but I recall that the servers in CL lounges at WDW were not allowed to accept tips or gifts of any kind. Thanks for the info!
Yes, they accept tips. Even the concierge people at the desk accept tips. We made the mistake of giving a large tip to the concierge thinking she would pass it to the servers and found out on our next visit that they only get tips that you give them directly. I've also seen people bring in envelopes with specific names on them, but they still hand those directly to the person they want to receive it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter