The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

The room categories listed on the site are standard, deluxe, premium, and premium downtown disney. Deluxe and premium are both listed as pool views. Does anyone know the difference between the two?
If I remember correctly, premium is floors areeither 6 or 7 and higher, and deluxe are lower floors.

The room categories listed on the site are standard, deluxe, premium, and premium downtown disney. Deluxe and premium are both listed as pool views. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

We had a deluxe pool view last time and it was really nice. I think we had a 4th floor room.

I just finished my first Disneyland visit, staying at DLH. My two cents: I wouldn't pay extra for a premium or deluxe view room right now. The construction of the DVC tower has gone vertical, and the AMC demo is in full swing. We had a great, deluxe view of a crane :/ Only other gripe is pool crowding due to sharing with PPH. But we loved the hotel overall and would definitely go back!

I just finished my first Disneyland visit, staying at DLH. My two cents: I wouldn't pay extra for a premium or deluxe view room right now. The construction of the DVC tower has gone vertical, and the AMC demo is in full swing. We had a great, deluxe view of a crane :/ Only other gripe is pool crowding due to sharing with PPH. But we loved the hotel overall and would definitely go back!

Did you complain about the pool crowding? You should, honestly. Send an email. I think if they are going to allow pool sharing, they should allow it at both the other hotels so that one doesn't get overwhelmed. It's just as easy to cross the street from PPH to GCH and use those pools. They should not be making ALL the PPH guests go to DLH.

The AMC is now fully down, so hopefully that noise won't be too problematic going forward, although they are supposedly putting up a new building in that spot eventually.

Does anyone know the location(s) of the 2-bedroom family connecting suites? And if so, which would be the best tower/location to request to have the quietest rooms?

This may be a strange question, but maybe someone has been in a similar situation. My party is arriving separately because some are flying and some are driving. I will be there early with my two older kiddos and would like to go ahead and check in both rooms because we want them to be as close to each other or adjoining if possible. My husband is the head person on the other room and won't arrive until closer to dinner time. Will they let me check in both rooms? What is the best way to try to get adjoining rooms?

This may be a strange question, but maybe someone has been in a similar situation. My party is arriving separately because some are flying and some are driving. I will be there early with my two older kiddos and would like to go ahead and check in both rooms because we want them to be as close to each other or adjoining if possible. My husband is the head person on the other room and won't arrive until closer to dinner time. Will they let me check in both rooms? What is the best way to try to get adjoining rooms?

Just do mobile check in via the app. Once you arrive, reference the other reservation and ask to get rooms near each other. If they have already assigned you rooms, they may be able to shuffle things around to meet your request. You can also call in advance and link the 2 reservations together on Disney's end and make the room request directly with them.

There is no reason to physically check in now at the DLH or GCH, as they have gone fully digital key using your phones.

I don't think there is a way to guarantee adjoining rooms. Call and request it and they will hopefully give you what you need when you check in.
If you absolutely need adjoining rooms you could consider a 2 bedroom suite (unless you have already booked.)

The earlier you check in the better, because they have all day to try to find the rooms you want.

What's all this about pool sharing? I am a WDW veteran but this is only my 3rd trip to DL and we are staying at the DLH.
Why is the pool hopping allowed? Is it because there is construction at one of the other hotels?

What's all this about pool sharing? I am a WDW veteran but this is only my 3rd trip to DL and we are staying at the DLH.
Why is the pool hopping allowed? Is it because there is construction at one of the other hotels?

When one of the hotel pools is closed, they allow those hotel guests to use one of the other hotel pools. The Paradise Pier pool is currently closed, so those guests can use the DLH pool.

HI.

What tower were you in? What kind of view did you have? I was wondering if paying extra $$$ for a view room is a waste or not.

HI.

What tower were you in? What kind of view did you have? I was wondering if paying extra $$$ for a view room is a waste or not.
I was in Adventure, deluxe room (4th floor). I suppose it was nice to not have a parking lot view, but we were a bit disappointed.

I was in Adventure, deluxe room (4th floor). I suppose it was nice to not have a parking lot view, but we were a bit disappointed.
Ok. I like the Adventure Tower pool view. Can you tell me why you were disappointed. Thanks.

Was it noisy?
View obscured?

Can anyone tell me what drinks are available in the E Ticket lounge in the evening? Does anyone know if Disaronno is available when the desserts are out? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter