The Good News Is......

Here it is. I remembered because of ‘pushpin’ whereas I think of them as ‘thumbtacks.’ 😊
https://family.disney.com/craft/mickey-mouse-hot-glue-pushpins/
I knew I should have bought the hot glue gun a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale in our local supermarket...
But it is a such great idea so I guess I am going to do it eventually...

edit to add: wow... just checked out the other stuff on that website... there are so many great ideas... I am looking forward to try some of them out!

Last edited:
I knew I should have bought the hot glue gun a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale in our local supermarket...
But it is a such great idea so I guess I am going to do it eventually...
You can also use Elmer’s glue + food coloring or puff paints.

Younger DD and I had run a few runDisney events so I decorated tutus with rhinestones glued on as Mickey heads. We all can have blingy masks. 😊

The good news is my dad's health has been holding steady. He was in a fairly rapid decline since Jan with not expecting him to make it into May. Starting in late Feb/early March his caretakers put him in sanitation isolation.
Nothing can go in his room if it hadn't been thoroughly sanitized, bleached, gloves, gowns, and masks worn etc. No visitors except through a window or Skype, snapchat, or messenger (the app).
I wouldn't say his health has improved, but he is not getting worse, which is considered a HUGE win. We joke that our trip being postponed has given him the strength to make it to June for our new dapper day trip.
:dogdance::laughing:

It is frustrating to think they weren't taking these precautions to start with and who knows how much better he could be if his entire care was more like this, but I'm trying so hard not to dwell on the negative.
We are booked for June and are hoping he will be around for the trip. If you asked me a month ago I would say no way he would be there. Now the nurses aren't getting our hopes up, but they say there is a chance.

He says he's tired though. I totally think he is holding on just for one last trip with the family. Which is why we postponed instead of cancelled. People say the elderly tend to pass most frequently in Jan because they say they are holding on through the holidays. I'm pretty sure this is my dad. He wants to do one last trip at his happy place, and then he can let go and finally rest.

Wow. That turned out a lot longer than I planned. Rant end. Thanks for reading.

I haven't yet, but I'm interested in trying. Not an expert sewer by any means, but a simple pattern might be doable. Let us know if you find a good pattern and how it works out.
My DGF has been making masks and is using a template she found online through treasurie on YouTube. The masks are pretty easy to make and would take about 20mins for a beginner sewer

Today, my b/g/g/ triplets turned 18! Woohoo!!! and tears all at the same time. Wishing everyone who has a birthday this month Happy Birthday! We usually go to Disneyland some time during April to celebrate their birthdays and DH's who has a birthday this month too!
Happy Birthday to them. When this is all over you should celebrate!

Happy Birthday to them. When this is all over you should celebrate!

We are going to celebrate big time! Depending on when the parks open again, we will definitely make a trip to the parks. It was hard to tell my niece and her husband to not come over and to celebrate the kids' birthdays, but, I know it was the right thing. My niece's birthday is May 4th, so, we will celebrate her day too! I know it will probably be in June or July at the earliest before we can realistically go to a restaurant to celebrate over a meal. I am grateful we are all healthy. We are very fortunate to be able to have a roof over our heads, food in the fridge, tv, internet, games, and wonderful weather (in AZ).

If anyone is searching: Amazon had Lysol spray, Wet Ones hand wipes (travel packs), and Charmin (Amazon Pantry) this morning! DH's Easter basket is coming together. lol!
@midnight star : Is there a Sprouts near you? DH said our Sprouts had plenty of butter today. Vons had butter, too.

The good news is, I finally have / took time to edit the vacation videos from years ago! :) Getting so many ideas for shots I want to take during my DL vacation in August!

Magic Kingdom 2015

Disneyland Hong Kong 2017

Who else is going through their old vacation albums?

Last edited:
When the parks and hotels open up again, perhaps Storytellers in the Grand Californian Hotel will be back to table service instead of only buffet!!!! That would be awesome, if you ask me. Hey, Disney, are you listening? Bring back the table service there. It was awesome.

If anyone is searching: Amazon had Lysol spray, Wet Ones hand wipes (travel packs), and Charmin (Amazon Pantry) this morning! DH's Easter basket is coming together. lol!
@midnight star : Is there a Sprouts near you? DH said our Sprouts had plenty of butter today. Vons had butter, too.
Gah just saw this. And yes there's a sprouts in Culver City. I got butter at Whole foods this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter