The Good News Is......

I keep coming back to this thread because I need it right now.

the good news is as of this morning I’ve lost 101lbs. It was at Disneyland in July where my body hurt so bad that I decided to take control. I had weight loss surgery in October. 6 months ago this anxiety would have led to binge eating.. now it’s leading to me to look for healthy ways to cope.

I also just keep thinking about when disneyland does reopen. Who has watched the imaginerring story where Tokyo Disney reopens? I think that will be a great day for the parks. Maybe I can even try to be there..

Except that more people are ordering stuff now since non-essential stores are closed around here. My brother told me his neighbor a few doors down just had a shipment of dog food stolen.

I'll have the last laugh though ... I ordered underwear recently and it would serve the porch pirates right if they steal my XL granny underwear. :teeth:
I'm in the Bay Area and we are Shelter in Place so everyone is home unless you have to be out. Every house on my block now has at least one person in it.

Hope your granny panties arrive safe and sound. :tongue:

+1 on the easy commute, I pass by a high school when I'm running late and that usually means fighting with teen drivers!

None of that today!

Good news today... so far no one with COVID-19 (that we know about) in my hospital. Calm before the storm, I suppose... but that's my good news for today. :)

The good news: my company is considered essential ( I do payroll and accounting for a trucking company) so I do not have to worry about my income being affected. We are rotating working from home and the office. My boss has said we will continue to be paid our full 40 hours even if there isn't anything to do from home on some days.

In other news- who knew how much grazing a 12 year old could do while schooling from home~~ I'm going to run out of food much faster than I expected!! ;)

Even though I can't really take advantage because of the whole shelter in place thing, gas is down to $2.75 near me (Costco). I paid $2.99 over the weekend. I haven't seen it that low at home in so long!

And another Costco nearby (but not close enough to drive to for just gas) is $2.69 :eek:

I noticed those gas prices in my area too. With the rapidly worsening situation though, I have only driven 60-70 miles in the last two weeks so no boon there.

Even though I can't really take advantage because of the whole shelter in place thing, gas is down to $2.75 near me (Costco). I paid $2.99 over the weekend. I haven't seen it that low at home in so long!

And another Costco nearby (but not close enough to drive to for just gas) is $2.69 :eek:
Before the shelter in place for the bay area gas was $2.58 at costco near me when I filled up. I've only driven maybe 5 miles since then. I normally have to fill up once a week.

Before the shelter in place for the bay area gas was $2.58 at costco near me when I filled up. I've only driven maybe 5 miles since then. I normally have to fill up once a week.

The range of prices in the Bay is obscene 😹. Mine is from Contra Costa County. Which county had $2.58?

The good news is that there's a positive, peer-reviewed study out of France that shows a 100% cure rate with a type of malaria drug that's been around for decades so its side effects are known and minimal testing would be need to deploy it to coronavirus patients. Small sample size, but I've never heard of ANY clinical trial with a 100% success rate. God willing, it works somewhere near that rate in larger trials.

That is good news but I would keep in mind it studied 30 people which is a very, very small test size.

I only mention that because it can be hard to get your hopes up.

I paid $2.99 at an LA Costco on Monday. I think we are down to $2.80 or $2.85 at Costco. All other stations in the area are still over $3/gallon. But I likely won't need gas again until mid April since I'm in a Prius and can typically go over 350 miles between fills and I'm not doing anywhere near my normal driving.

The good news is that there's a positive, peer-reviewed study out of France that shows a 100% cure rate with a type of malaria drug that's been around for decades so its side effects are known and minimal testing would be need to deploy it to coronavirus patients. Small sample size, but I've never heard of ANY clinical trial with a 100% success rate. God willing, it works somewhere near that rate in larger trials.
I hate to break that positive spirit but that study was pretty useless. I just listened to a long and detailed podcast about that from one of the leading virologists ( Prof. Dr. Christian Drosten) in Berlin about that...(that was really interesting. He does a daily podcast in the German news and really tries to explain what happens behind the scenes to the general public...)
I try to paraphrase it a bit...The way the study was done doesn’t really proof anything (neither good no bad) it compares apples with oranges...
That being said the malaria drug could work (it works in a lab with petri dishes which is the first step for a drug/substance but the human body works differently).

In my opinion the drug is still worth hope but we need more and different studies that ask the right questions...

Let’s end on a more positive note... In Germany it’s just 3 more days till Disney+ starts...so I am looking forward to that.. and my computer and couch should be set up till then...

Since I'm an essential employee along with my husband for the same local government umbrella we don't have to worry about work. In addition got and mail staring since we are essential we are both getting a bonus 128 hours paid leave as long as we are at work. This is on top of accrued vacation and sick leave we get already.

Double bonus : I finally got the job promotion I've been waiting on for a year, yay more disney money !

My good news is that I'm working form home but keeping the same work schedule and hours, so yesterday I logged out of remote access at 4.30pm (my usual office based end time) and then just went into my living room to talk to my mum. Usually its 6pm when I get home, really odd to be home at 4.40pm , I have so much more time in the day now :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter