The Good News Is......

The good new is that this is the best thread ever, and really lightened my mood. Just back from getting tested for COVID-19, and hearing that our self-isolation has turned into 14 days of quarantine. This thread cheered me right up.

I am going to enjoy some Disney classics, rest up, and keeping dreaming of our planned Nov 2020 trip. Maybe make a spreadsheet or tow - LOL.

right, just spent the afternoon doing housework and you know what, its made me think. Over the last few days, I've seen business in Ireland change forever. Life as we know it is gone and many people see this as a negative, they see all the traditional industries crashing and burning, they see their jobs suddenly become irrelevant. But you know what, over the last few days on Twitter I have seen something remarkable happen. I have seen huge amounts of business close their physical shops and suddenly get creative with tech. I have seen some brilliant ideas, of how business are doing everything and anything to keep going, and adapt and change at a rapid pace. It makes me realize this is the dawn of a new age, where the world of the internet,tech and the brilliant creative minds that have been hiding in the shadows will now be the ones at the front.

The digital marketeers, the web developers, the coders, the gamers, the social media managers, all the geeks and freaks who people have dismissed and sidelined.

Business who said oh that wont work for my company, we have been doing things like this for 30 years, it works, why change, are now going digital, and selling online for the first time this week.

Most likely today I have lost a client,and his business will fold. I have tried over the last 2 years to bring him into the digital world, but he doesn't get it and doesn't really want to change. He is 64 and this new way of running a business is just totally over his head. He is typical of the business who will not survive this health crisis.

But instead of feeling oh crap I have lost a client, what do I do now, its actually energized me. I have so many ideas for my business, so many new directions I wanted to try, but for the last 5 years, with the commuting and the full work load, I just didnt have the time or energy.

I have realized this week, that I can work from home, that I can do remote work, and without the 90 minute each way commute every day, I am not as tired. I'm not scared for the future, in fact I'm very excited to see where my next adventure will take me. Those business who use this health crisis to turn the threat into an opportunity and turn their weakness into a strength will come out of this and be hugely successful.

right, just spent the afternoon doing housework and you know what, its made me think. Over the last few days, I've seen business in Ireland change forever. Life as we know it is gone and many people see this as a negative, they see all the traditional industries crashing and burning, they see their jobs suddenly become irrelevant. But you know what, over the last few days on Twitter I have seen something remarkable happen. I have seen huge amounts of business close their physical shops and suddenly get creative with tech. I have seen some brilliant ideas, of how business are doing everything and anything to keep going, and adapt and change at a rapid pace. It makes me realize this is the dawn of a new age, where the world of the internet,tech and the brilliant creative minds that have been hiding in the shadows will now be the ones at the front.

The digital marketeers, the web developers, the coders, the gamers, the social media managers, all the geeks and freaks who people have dismissed and sidelined.

Business who said oh that wont work for my company, we have been doing things like this for 30 years, it works, why change, are now going digital, and selling online for the first time this week.

Most likely today I have lost a client,and his business will fold. I have tried over the last 2 years to bring him into the digital world, but he doesn't get it and doesn't really want to change. He is 64 and this new way of running a business is just totally over his head. He is typical of the business who will not survive this health crisis.

But instead of feeling oh crap I have lost a client, what do I do now, its actually energized me. I have so many ideas for my business, so many new directions I wanted to try, but for the last 5 years, with the commuting and the full work load, I just didnt have the time or energy.

I have realized this week, that I can work from home, that I can do remote work, and without the 90 minute each way commute every day, I am not as tired. I'm not scared for the future, in fact I'm very excited to see where my next adventure will take me. Those business who use this health crisis to turn the threat into an opportunity and turn their weakness into a strength will come out of this and be hugely successful.
This is a definite possibility, I definitely think this is going to change the world in many ways, some for the better, some for the worse, but hopefully we all come up stronger at the other end.

That being said, there is still a balance that has to be met between the length of everything being closed and slowing the spread of this illness.

I can now finally access Disney plus here in Germany... I am completely overwhelmed and don’t know where to start...
just like arriving in the parks for the first time without any plan or schedule...(I did that on purpose on my first trip to Disneyland in Paris and it was so much fun feeling like a 10 year old again)... and now I feel similar... right now I am seriously considering running around aimlessly in my house like a crazy exited kid... just like when we booked our last DL trip (I hopped around the house for about 10 -20 min... and yes I had very sore muscles the day after...)
That’s a great feeling with all the uncertainty und worries going on...

Don't know yet exactly what this means, but at this point, I'll take it as good news!
From this week's MP "DLR Update" (3/23-29/20):
Disney filed a permit with the city of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We have no word from Disney about their plans, but an extended Food & Wine Festival would definitely help boost repeat attendance at Disney California Adventure, especially in conjunction with the opening of the Avengers Campus.

I can now finally access Disney plus here in Germany... I am completely overwhelmed and don’t know where to start...
just like arriving in the parks for the first time without any plan or schedule...(I did that on purpose on my first trip to Disneyland in Paris and it was so much fun feeling like a 10 year old again)... and now I feel similar... right now I am seriously considering running around aimlessly in my house like a crazy exited kid... just like when we booked our last DL trip (I hopped around the house for about 10 -20 min... and yes I had very sore muscles the day after...)
That’s a great feeling with all the uncertainty und worries going on...
That was me when Disney plus was first released. I watched Zenon, which was one of my favorite movies when I was little! Then Lizzie McGuire Lol

Don't know yet exactly what this means, but at this point, I'll take it as good news!
Disney filed a permit with the city of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We have no word from Disney about their plans, but an extended Food & Wine Festival would definitely help boost repeat attendance at Disney California Adventure, especially in conjunction with the opening of the Avengers Campus.
I saw that and it’s so late! I hope this doesn’t mean the parks will stay closed until July or something. Wonder what the plan is....

This would keep them in place through Labor Day. I don’t think the parks are going to be closed to July but they may need incentives to get people in the parks when they reopen.

I saw that and it’s so late! I hope this doesn’t mean the parks will stay closed until July or something. Wonder what the plan is....
This would keep them in place through Labor Day. I don’t think the parks are going to be closed to July but they may need incentives to get people in the parks when they reopen.

Yep, they are going to be looking to get people into the parks this summer in the aftermath of all we are experiencing now, and my guess is there is not going to be a completed Avenger's Campus to draw in the crowds.

I think I'm looking at ANY dates regarding refurbs (as with the HM 5/1'opening') or filing for permits (as with the food booths at DCA) as simply 'placeholders' rather than expressing any actual plans or intentions by TPTB at DL. They don't know any more than we do at this point but it's wise of them to have 'paperwork' in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter