THE MURPHYS are LIVE from the POLY (10/25-10/31)

All in all I love the Poly, I like to stay there about once every 2 or 3 years, with stays at other resorts in between. :thumbsup2 I can't say it's my hands down favorite, but it's in my top 3! :cloud9:

Questions?????

Top 3 are? And which one is your ULTIMATE favorite???? :)

Just wanted to thank you for a great report and all the christmas pics. I can't wait to see it all in person. I watched your video and it brought tears to my eyes. I felt like I know your family since I was able to see the boys grow up. Thank you for sharing!!! God Bless you and your family.

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to do a live report. DD and I have been following along with you and your family and we enjoyed it so much.

We still have a little over 2 weeks till our own Disney adventure so being a part of your trip has been special :goodvibes

Glad that you had such a great trip. Good to know I can get an early breakfast at the Poly on our departure day. Thank you for the info on Captain Cooks. I would love to go to Kona but not sure we can take the time.
Sounds like you had a good room, I have never stayed at the Poly, but it is my Dream Resort. I'm getting closer, BLT coming up, first time at Monorail resort.
Sorry to hear about the CL food offerings, most TR seem to say that food has been good. It's unfortunate that the choices are not up to par, seems like you pay a lot for the experience.
Thank you again for a fun report!

I'm glad you didn't have any issues with your room :). We love the Poly and having stayed CL at other resorts, I have been wanting to try Poly CL; however, after reading your review of the offerings, it's starting to sound not so appealing now :(. I had Poly CL booked for December, but we had to reschedule.....now I'm rethinking CL all together. We may just go with a GV at the Poly or do CL at a different resort :confused:. But typing that makes me sad because the Poly is our favorite resort and in the past I have read great reviews about their CL. Thanks for your input......it gives me something to think about.

On another note.....how did you like the luau? We did it once and thought it nice......the show was so-so (although I did love the fire dancers at the end) and we thought the food was good......but that was in 2007 so things could have changed since then.

I'm sorry if I made it sound unappealing. It really is a lovely building with great views. :) I just want people to be aware that the food is pretty lame. We did enjoy being able to pop downstairs for a coke, water, juice, etc. And DH took advantage of the beer daily. We really enjoyed our stay, there is no doubt about that! :thumbsup2

We actually missed the luau because our youngest wasn't feeling well. Plus we were late getting back to the resort that day because of the crappy bus service. So we were able to cancel without penalty. Later that night we did a "walk in" at Kona which was fine. It used to be my #1 favorite restaurant but like so many of the other single table service dining plan locations it isn't what it use to be. But it was fine. I had the shrimp and scallops, DH had the ribeye, the kids had cheeseburgers, we were just glad they could take us so late at night without a reservation. Hopefully we can try the luau someday. :)

Top 3 are? And which one is your ULTIMATE favorite???? :)

For years I said it was a 3-way tie between YC/GF/POLY. But we had an amazing stay at Kidani this year that I can't seem to get out of my mind. I think they all have their pluses and minuses, in the hot weather you really can't beat YC/BC with SAB. With small kids you can't beat a monorail resort. Of course the Poly is amazing too. I don't think I can choose just one resort as the ultimate. Maybe a Christmas stay at the GF RPC in a suite overlooking the castle dream lights with the fresh gingerbread smell wafting thru the hallways. :cloud9: That would be pretty amazing and tough to top!

Just wanted to thank you for a great report and all the christmas pics. I can't wait to see it all in person. I watched your video and it brought tears to my eyes. I felt like I know your family since I was able to see the boys grow up. Thank you for sharing!!! God Bless you and your family.

I always cry when I watch that video :love: Sometimes it's hard to even wrap my head around how fast the last 12 years have gone, all the trips to WDW with the boys as they've grown up. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything in the world. :goodvibes

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to do a live report. DD and I have been following along with you and your family and we enjoyed it so much.

We still have a little over 2 weeks till our own Disney adventure so being a part of your trip has been special :goodvibes

Thank you!!!! :hug: I hope you and your daughter have a great trip! :thumbsup2

Glad that you had such a great trip. Good to know I can get an early breakfast at the Poly on our departure day. Thank you for the info on Captain Cooks. I would love to go to Kona but not sure we can take the time.
Sounds like you had a good room, I have never stayed at the Poly, but it is my Dream Resort. I'm getting closer, BLT coming up, first time at Monorail resort.
Sorry to hear about the CL food offerings, most TR seem to say that food has been good. It's unfortunate that the choices are not up to par, seems like you pay a lot for the experience.
Thank you again for a fun report!

The guys cooking were SUPER nice! They were offering to make us hot breakfast sandwiches, sell us sides of bacon, or really anything they had ready to go even though it wasn't officially open yet. :) Just another reason to LOVE the Poly! :cloud9: Many times we've been caught over at the YC/BC resorts without anything to eat or drink. 24 hour service is awesome!

Pictures!!!! :)

Waiting for the monorail the morning of our last day

IMG_9708.jpg

Waiting for our Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh:

IMG_9712.jpg

IMG_9713.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

We only saw Pooh because we wanted to get going... usually the characters come around pretty quickly but we were there close to an hour and didn't see any others. Eeyore would have been up next but we decided we'd rather go get in line for Thunder Mountain.

Being in the park right when it opens is GREAT! Nobody is around ... we did probably a dozen rides in 30 minutes!

Empty Pooh ride:

IMG_9719.jpg

IMG_9721.jpg

IMG_9722.jpg

Another look at new Fantasyland construction:

IMG_9728.jpg

IMG_9729.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9731.jpg

Haunted Mansion all to ourselves!

IMG_9736.jpg

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9746.jpg

Made it over to the New OLD Tiki Room ;)

IMG_9750.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

After buzzing thru MK in about 2 hours we headed to Epcot for lunch and the afternoon :thumbsup2

Couldn't make it out of Epcot without these little beauties! ;)

IMG_9757.jpg

After spending the afternoon at Epcot we went back to the Poly to rest a bit before dinner at Narcoosee's. MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

IMG_9772.jpg

Lobster for 4 please!

IMG_9758.jpg

What could be a better end to a wonderful vacation than Hallowishes from the Narcoosee's balcony! :lovestruc

IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9764.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

From the boat dock looking back:

IMG_9775.jpg

Just want to say thanks for your live report ,I have enjoyed reading everyday ! Its always so sad that last day but you guys had a great week.I can't believe how empty the park was it made it that much more fun getting on rides quicker.:) Its also sad Patriots blew the game Sunday:mad: Can't wait till your next report best regards:goodvibes

Erika, we started taking our DD to Disney when she was 20 months old. NExt week we will be back for her 5th trip and to celebrate her 5th birthday on 11-11-11, this will be our DS first trip to Disney at 13 months old. DH and I love to see the joy in eyes of our children. Watching you video was so toughing to see your kids grow up in Disney. Have the boys wanted to vacation anywhere else? We have taken other small trips elsewhere but we make sure every year we are at Disney as a family. Every experience so far has been different with DD, our first trip we could not get her off Small World, who knows what next week will bring...I am guessing Soarin since she is finally tall enough. Thank you so much for sharing. We are headed back in March, I am hoping we are able to avoid the crowds. Do you have any tips since you also seem to travel to the world in March? We are going March 7-13.

I'm sorry if I made it sound unappealing. It really is a lovely building with great views. :) I just want people to be aware that the food is pretty lame. We did enjoy being able to pop downstairs for a coke, water, juice, etc. And DH took advantage of the beer daily. We really enjoyed our stay, there is no doubt about that! :thumbsup2

We actually missed the luau because our youngest wasn't feeling well. Plus we were late getting back to the resort that day because of the crappy bus service. So we were able to cancel without penalty. Later that night we did a "walk in" at Kona which was fine. It used to be my #1 favorite restaurant but like so many of the other single table service dining plan locations it isn't what it use to be. But it was fine. I had the shrimp and scallops, DH had the ribeye, the kids had cheeseburgers, we were just glad they could take us so late at night without a reservation. Hopefully we can try the luau someday. :)

Don't be sorry.....I appreciate your honest review. One reason for me wanting to try Poly CL is for the lounge views :cloud9:.....although it's sad to hear all the not-so-good reports about the food offerings :(. We have 2 teens so having snacks, drinks, etc. throughout the day would come in very handy.....plus I'm not a big breakfast eater so having breakfast in the lounge would work great for me (although hearing about stale muffins isn't appealing :sad2:).

I'm sorry you missed the luau, but glad you were able to cancel without a penalty. Hopefully you can squeeze it in on a future trip :goodvibes. I have to agree with you about Kona. That was one of our favorite restaurants until they changed the menu and took the prime rib away.

Glad you had a wonderful trip and thanks for the live reports.....I enjoyed following along :wizard:.

Hey guys! We are back from another fun filled night! :) We lucked out BIG TIME with no rain at all!!!!! :thumbsup2 I always say that when we remember to bring ponchos it definitely won't rain. ha ha Dinner at Teppen Edo was particularly great this time! We always eat there every trip, it's my oldest son's favorite! Our chef tonight was AMAZING! He was so great I recorded some of his "performance" to share with you guys. ;) I am soooo exhausted though that the new pics and videos will have to wait until tomorrow. Also for you xmas peeps I managed to take more photos too. I can't believe we only have 2 full days left! This trip is going by too fast. Isn't that how it always is??? I have really enjoyed meeting so many of you this trip... a shout out to the two lucky ladies I met tonight at dinner who have inspired me to plan a "girls only" trip to WDW in my NEAR FUTURE! :thumbsup2 Tomorrow I think we will head back to the Studios, then dinner is the Luau which, if you can believe it, we have never done! So that should be exciting

Good night all!!!!! :grouphug: More reports tomorrow! :)

Hi Erika!!:goodvibes that was me and my best friend! It was great meeting you. Glad to hear you had a fantastic dinner, ours was wonderful too. That was my first time at Tokyo dining and I highly recommend it if you like sushi. Our "girls only" trip was a dream come true. Planned for 2 years to celebrate my friends 40th birthday with the mouse. This was the first time I have done Disney without my husband and son and I really thought that I was going to feel guilty but I have to admit there were no guilty feelings at all! We called this trip our no rules vacation where we did whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. We also had lots of wonderful adult drinks in EPCOT from the F&WF! if you would like any tips and suggestions pm me! We did stay at the BWI which is a perfect location for adults only trips- jelly rolls was a blast and karaoke at the swan was a laugh fest!

Looking forward to your next live report....oh and your video made me weepy, my son is 12 now and his first trip was at 8 months old so I can truly relate.
Thanks for the shout out :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter