THE MURPHYS are LIVE from the POLY (10/25-10/31)

Great report to read even if I came in after you are back home! We will be at the Poly for the first time since our visit in 1992 and so looking forward to reliving some wonderful memories!

I loved your live report.. our most recent stay last may was at the POLY.. it is where I fell in love with Disney.. I have to go back there in some capacity everytime I make a trip back to the world, because it just brings me back to being 12 years old with my mom and my dad..
I loved everything about the POLY..

This coming trip we are trying BC because of SAB and we are going try and relax on this vacation and not be nuts with the touring.. hopefully, I will love it as much as the POLY..

Narcossess is my favorite too.. last time i had the surf and turf.. and the lobster was the BEST I have ever had,and I come from up north, so that is sort of a big deal..
thanks for sharing your report!

Erika, we started taking our DD to Disney when she was 20 months old. NExt week we will be back for her 5th trip and to celebrate her 5th birthday on 11-11-11, this will be our DS first trip to Disney at 13 months old. DH and I love to see the joy in eyes of our children. Watching you video was so toughing to see your kids grow up in Disney. Have the boys wanted to vacation anywhere else? We have taken other small trips elsewhere but we make sure every year we are at Disney as a family. Every experience so far has been different with DD, our first trip we could not get her off Small World, who knows what next week will bring...I am guessing Soarin since she is finally tall enough. Thank you so much for sharing. We are headed back in March, I am hoping we are able to avoid the crowds. Do you have any tips since you also seem to travel to the world in March? We are going March 7-13.

We've been to many other places but Disney is always #1 for us. :goodvibes I think the memories we've made are all wrapped around the whole "world"... so when we go back it's just like pulling out old home movies. It brings back those feelings, you remember the stories, the funny things that happened... as we walk thru the parks we can think of something at almost every turn... it could be something small like a place on the Boardwalk where my youngest son tripped and fell one time, or it could be the boat where DH proposed to me... or a memory of my oldest DS cutting his first tooth in WDW, or the places where we filmed our TV show, the list goes on and on and on! Things like that I will never forget. :) I honestly can't imagine a time where we will stop wanting to go, it's really just a huge part of our lives. :love:

Hi Erika!!:goodvibes that was me and my best friend! It was great meeting you. Glad to hear you had a fantastic dinner, ours was wonderful too. That was my first time at Tokyo dining and I highly recommend it if you like sushi. Our "girls only" trip was a dream come true. Planned for 2 years to celebrate my friends 40th birthday with the mouse. This was the first time I have done Disney without my husband and son and I really thought that I was going to feel guilty but I have to admit there were no guilty feelings at all! We called this trip our no rules vacation where we did whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. We also had lots of wonderful adult drinks in EPCOT from the F&WF! if you would like any tips and suggestions pm me! We did stay at the BWI which is a perfect location for adults only trips- jelly rolls was a blast and karaoke at the swan was a laugh fest!

Looking forward to your next live report....oh and your video made me weepy, my son is 12 now and his first trip was at 8 months old so I can truly relate.
Thanks for the shout out :yay:

Now I just need someone to tell my girlfriends what I want to do on my 40th!!! :laughing: I'm 38 now so they've got 2 years to get it together! Only problem is that none of them know Disney, so I'd have to plan it myself. ;) Which would actually be fun! BWI would be great I agree!

I loved your live report.. our most recent stay last may was at the POLY.. it is where I fell in love with Disney.. I have to go back there in some capacity everytime I make a trip back to the world, because it just brings me back to being 12 years old with my mom and my dad..
I loved everything about the POLY..

This coming trip we are trying BC because of SAB and we are going try and relax on this vacation and not be nuts with the touring.. hopefully, I will love it as much as the POLY..

Narcossess is my favorite too.. last time i had the surf and turf.. and the lobster was the BEST I have ever had,and I come from up north, so that is sort of a big deal..
thanks for sharing your report!

The BC is great! I think you will really like it. :thumbsup2 My only advice would be the put some bottled water and drinks in your room fridge because their quick service marketplace isn't open 24 hours like the one at the Poly. So if you are coming back late you won't be able to buy a drink or refill a mug. That was the only issue I had. I actually ended up finding a vending machine in the "secret" laundry room out of pure desperation in the middle of the night one night! :lmao:

Don't be sorry.....I appreciate your honest review. One reason for me wanting to try Poly CL is for the lounge views :cloud9:.....although it's sad to hear all the not-so-good reports about the food offerings :(. We have 2 teens so having snacks, drinks, etc. throughout the day would come in very handy.....plus I'm not a big breakfast eater so having breakfast in the lounge would work great for me (although hearing about stale muffins isn't appealing :sad2:).

I'm sorry you missed the luau, but glad you were able to cancel without a penalty. Hopefully you can squeeze it in on a future trip :goodvibes. I have to agree with you about Kona. That was one of our favorite restaurants until they changed the menu and took the prime rib away.

Glad you had a wonderful trip and thanks for the live reports.....I enjoyed following along :wizard:.

The kids (mine are 10 and 12) were happier with the lounge than I was. My 12 year old is always good as long as he can find Coke. ;) And my 10 year old just loves pb&j and chocolate chip cookies. :lmao: So if you asked them they would say the lounge was great! :upsidedow

Do you have any tips since you also seem to travel to the world in March? We are going March 7-13.

You've picked a good time to go. :thumbsup2 You'll be after the Presidents Week crazy time and before Easter, so the crowds should be OK. I would recommend morning EMHs, and of course using FP. Our kids' spring break is always the last week of March, so we tend to have light crowds the first few days and then heavier crowds as we get close to April 1st. You should be fine. :)

Finally got caught up with your TR, after having been offline due to being without power for 4+ days :sad2:

Loved looking at your memories video in your siggie , had me in tears and the video's compareing viewing vantage points for HalloWishes was great. My DH dislikes the crowds went viewng the fireworks at MK so we plan on seeing them from CG and our room at CR in March

Thanks for shareing your live trip with us here :thumbsup2

Finally got caught up with your TR, after having been offline due to being without power for 4+ days :sad2:

Loved looking at your memories video in your siggie , had me in tears and the video's compareing viewing vantage points for HalloWishes was great. My DH dislikes the crowds went viewng the fireworks at MK so we plan on seeing them from CG and our room at CR in March

Thanks for shareing your live trip with us here :thumbsup2

My oldest son hates the loud sounds of fireworks so he much prefers to watch them from a distance. I wish my video would have done it justice, Hallowishes from Narcoosee's was amazing!!! We have also seen them from the CG and our room at CR, both are also excellent! :thumbsup2

The kids (mine are 10 and 12) were happier with the lounge than I was. My 12 year old is always good as long as he can find Coke. ;) And my 10 year old just loves pb&j and chocolate chip cookies. :lmao: So if you asked them they would say the lounge was great! :upsidedow

LOL on the pb&j and cookies......mine are 16 & 18 and always snacking so I know what that's like :laughing:. Were there sugar cookies too or just chocolate chip? I got hooked on the sugar cookies when we stayed GF RPC and SL and wondered if all the clubs had the same or if they were different. I'm getting ready to book our trip for July 2012 and I'm torn about booking Poly CL :confused:. I am, however, considering an Epcot resort, but I'm having a hard time convincing DH and both DSs to stay over there again since there is limited CS options. They love Captain Cooks at the Poly and since there's nothing with that much variety at BC/YC/BWI, they are very hesitant to stay there again :sad2:.

thanks for the great trip report! We were without power for 6 days, so I am just catching up on the Dis today on my 40th birthday:scared1: I do have one question though, how was your dinner at Chefs? I made all our Dining ADR's for our April trip and because Tutto will be closed I had to pick an alternate for our last night...what were your thoughts? We also have 2 boys...11, and 13 ;)

Now I just need someone to tell my girlfriends what I want to do on my 40th!!! :laughing: I'm 38 now so they've got 2 years to get it together! Only problem is that none of them know Disney, so I'd have to plan it myself. ;) Which would actually be fun! BWI would be great I agree!

I'll step up to the plate and volunteer to be your girlfriend and plan a surprise 40th birthday trip .. can I borrow your credit card. LOL

I too wish my husband would surprise with me a trip for my 40th in 2014 but I know that will never happen. He's not as into Disney as I am .. sigh ... guess I'll plan my own birthday trip. :-)

LOL on the pb&j and cookies......mine are 16 & 18 and always snacking so I know what that's like :laughing:. Were there sugar cookies too or just chocolate chip? I got hooked on the sugar cookies when we stayed GF RPC and SL and wondered if all the clubs had the same or if they were different. I'm getting ready to book our trip for July 2012 and I'm torn about booking Poly CL :confused:. I am, however, considering an Epcot resort, but I'm having a hard time convincing DH and both DSs to stay over there again since there is limited CS options. They love Captain Cooks at the Poly and since there's nothing with that much variety at BC/YC/BWI, they are very hesitant to stay there again :sad2:.

I'm not sure about the cookies, DS says they had another type but he doesn't remember what they were. Try the pork nachos at Capt Cooks! Those were yum yummmm! :thumbsup2

thanks for the great trip report! We were without power for 6 days, so I am just catching up on the Dis today on my 40th birthday:scared1: I do have one question though, how was your dinner at Chefs? I made all our Dining ADR's for our April trip and because Tutto will be closed I had to pick an alternate for our last night...what were your thoughts? We also have 2 boys...11, and 13 ;)

It was pretty blah. But I think all the single table service places are pretty blah. ;) My favorite in Epcot is probably Teppen Edo, oh and I love Hacienda. I wouldn't recommend Chefs.

I'm not sure about the cookies, DS says they had another type but he doesn't remember what they were. Try the pork nachos at Capt Cooks! Those were yum yummmm! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip on the pork nachos.......I will have to give those a try next time :goodvibes.

thanks for the response! We are NOT doing Chefs. I liked Teppan edo last year too, but we had an incident with our DS 11 vomiting all over the table and lobby there so we will have to wait a few years before trying it again:confused3 We are sad that Tutto will be closed as that was my choice, so we are going with Garden Grill because I like the atmosphere.:lovestruc thanks again!:thumbsup2

thanks for the response! We are NOT doing Chefs. I liked Teppan edo last year too, but we had an incident with our DS 11 vomiting all over the table and lobby there so we will have to wait a few years before trying it again:confused3 We are sad that Tutto will be closed as that was my choice, so we are going with Garden Grill because I like the atmosphere.:lovestruc thanks again!:thumbsup2

Since you like Tutto so much have you considered Via Napoli? We ate there in March and I thought it was a pretty good place. The pizza was authentic and the decor was nice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter