*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Do they normally return phone calls? I left a voicemail but did not get a response. I already have resort reservations so I didn't know what I should do, I have never used a travel agent for a disney trip before.

I have used this TA for several trips. I have never called - only emailed. I typically get a reply within an hour or two, sometimes quicker. Did you leave a message for a specific agent?

I have used this TA for several trips. I have never called - only emailed. I typically get a reply within an hour or two, sometimes quicker. Did you leave a message for a specific agent?

No, just left a general message. I sent an email though (hopefully to the right place haha) so I will see if I hear back by tomorrow.

You're added. Let me know when you decide on which resort, and I'll update the roll call.

When you get a chance, please update our info. We will be staying the 2nd-10th at Coronado Gran Destino Tower. Thanks!

@Tomh We have moved our dates slightly...
PORS August 6-14. Beach Club August 14-16 and Contemporary August 16-17
We are planning the 16th at Contemporary in hopes of a MNSSHP (last year it was Fri August 17 so maybe Fri August 16 this year???) We've never been but if we get the opportunity this year, we're going to take it. Thank you:-)

So... still waiting on the deal, won't hear anything until 1/7, but tentative dates are August 16-26. No hotel just yet...

Waiting for one more piece to fall into place, but tentatively joining you all 8/8 - 8/11 to hit both DVC MM at AK and the DIS party too! Moderate resort... I think... not sure we want to borrow points in case we don't get tickets to MM and end up wanting to do something else before the DIS party instead.

Ok, we're in. Booked our end of Summer weekend this morning. August 30- September 2nd at OKW.

Add us to the group too! My husband, myself, and two daughters (12 & 20) will be coming down before the northeast schools start on 8/17-8/24. We are currently staying at the Wilderness Cabins but that may change!

Just found your thread. We are doing our first split stay Beach Club 8/9-8/13 Poly 8/13-8/17. We booked free dining bounce back last year. Was happy to see on first page of thread that they will be making some changes to EMM we have done it twice and we’re thinking about dropping it this time but we may keep it now. Does anyone know when we will get the date info for this and if they may be doing the late night one too?

Holy mackeral, a bunch of new posts and people, and I didn't get notifications for any of them. Sorry, I will update the roll call shortly.

@Tomh We have moved our dates slightly...
PORS August 6-14. Beach Club August 14-16 and Contemporary August 16-17
We are planning the 16th at Contemporary in hopes of a MNSSHP (last year it was Fri August 17 so maybe Fri August 16 this year???) We've never been but if we get the opportunity this year, we're going to take it. Thank you:-)

You are arriving the same day as us. We are also hoping for another early MNSSHP!

So... still waiting on the deal, won't hear anything until 1/7, but tentative dates are August 16-26. No hotel just yet...

You're on the roll call, just let me know if there are any changes.

Waiting for one more piece to fall into place, but tentatively joining you all 8/8 - 8/11 to hit both DVC MM at AK and the DIS party too! Moderate resort... I think... not sure we want to borrow points in case we don't get tickets to MM and end up wanting to do something else before the DIS party instead.

You're on the roll call.

Ok, we're in. Booked our end of Summer weekend this morning. August 30- September 2nd at OKW.

Got you

Add us to the group too! My husband, myself, and two daughters (12 & 20) will be coming down before the northeast schools start on 8/17-8/24. We are currently staying at the Wilderness Cabins but that may change!

You're set, just let me know if there are any changes.

You can add us too! Split stay Pop to BCV 8/24-8/31! :-)

You're added

Just found your thread. We are doing our first split stay Beach Club 8/9-8/13 Poly 8/13-8/17. We booked free dining bounce back last year. Was happy to see on first page of thread that they will be making some changes to EMM we have done it twice and we’re thinking about dropping it this time but we may keep it now. Does anyone know when we will get the date info for this and if they may be doing the late night one too?

I don't know when the dates will be announced, but I am eager for them as well. We quite enjoy the EMM.

Did anyone get the free dining promotion that was just released? I'm checking it out now but think I'm going to hold out for the TA rates. The site is very slow. I know it's always crazy when free dining is released.

Did anyone get the free dining promotion that was just released? I'm checking it out now but think I'm going to hold out for the TA rates. The site is very slow. I know it's always crazy when free dining is released.
I just posted about this in the beginning of the thread. We are staying offsite, so it is of no use to us. I do encourage everyone to do the math. Figure out what you would spend on food if you paid out of pocket, and what you would spend for your room and tickets, and see if you actually save any money with the free dining. It does work for some people, but quite often, you will do better buying your tickets, room, and food separately.

I am encouraged that crowds may not be as high this summer though. I don't think I recall seeing free dining in the beginning of July in the 10+ years I have been visiting Disney World. I take this to mean that summer bookings are slow, and they are looking to fill rooms.

Jumping in! We will be at ASMu August 30-Sept 3, but are looking into either adding days on the front end or booking another resort to do 6 park days instead of 4...TBD :)

I booked Wilderness Lodge for August - more in a panic. Lol. I’ve been playing around with dates, resorts, tickets, money since 6am. :faint:

I just posted about this in the beginning of the thread. We are staying offsite, so it is of no use to us. I do encourage everyone to do the math. Figure out what you would spend on food if you paid out of pocket, and what you would spend for your room and tickets, and see if you actually save any money with the free dining. It does work for some people, but quite often, you will do better buying your tickets, room, and food separately.

I am encouraged that crowds may not be as high this summer though. I don't think I recall seeing free dining in the beginning of July in the 10+ years I have been visiting Disney World. I take this to mean that summer bookings are slow, and they are looking to fill rooms.

Yeah I think you are right that the summer bookings must be slow. I also don't think they usually release it so early in the year. I was thinking more like April or May the dates would be released.

The free dining math makes my head spin. I think it's really close for us. DH is leaning towards it while I'm leaning the other way. That's usually how it goes with us. Right now there's a decent amount available with my dates.

Yeah I think you are right that the summer bookings must be slow. I also don't think they usually release it so early in the year. I was thinking more like April or May the dates would be released.

The free dining math makes my head spin. I think it's really close for us. DH is leaning towards it while I'm leaning the other way. That's usually how it goes with us. Right now there's a decent amount available with my dates.

For us it was a no brainer that the Dining plans wouldn't be worth it - we have groceries delivered to the room for breakfasts, and we pack one meal for the parks. Even on the QS plan, we wouldn't normally buy that much food in the parks so it wasn't worthwhile. Add to that we have two "Disney adults" in our 12 and 10 year old but both are still kids menu eaters...and that value goes down even more. It really does depend on how you would normally eat.

I booked Wilderness Lodge for August - more in a panic. Lol. I’ve been playing around with dates, resorts, tickets, money since 6am. :faint:

Wow you are a trooper because I've only been fooling around with it for an hour and want to throw my computer out the window. Keeps getting stuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter