~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

Just checking in this morning. Got here Sunday and had our first day yesterday at the MK. Had great luck; drove to the Contemporary and the guard was so nice he said "tell ya what, you go over there and park and I'll pretend I don't see you so you can park all day for free to go to the park". Then we got to the gate at 8:15 planning to wait until the rope drop but instead they said "cmon over" and scanned us and let us in for the magic hour even though we aren't staying on property. No clue how that happened. So we headed to our 1st ride ever at WDW; Mine Train. Oh my I love it. Dinner at Be Our Guest last night was amazing! Today is chill back and then Christmas party tonight. Cannot wait.

Time to start the day off. Everyone have a good day

We leave tomorrow at 3:30am! I am so so excited. In all my tons of trips, this is the first one in December besides 12/31 at MK last year. We've never see the Osborne Lights, the Candlelight Processional or MVMCP so we're hitting all three! Beyond excited.

Wow. It's almost here.

Those that have completed your trips, how was it?
It was great. I will say, it was more congested than I anticipated, but we still did everything we wanted to with very little wait. I think the longest line was 45 minutes for Test Track on our last night.

We went to MVMCP, met Nathaniel Palma, the Disney World Ambassador, saw the Three Caballeros return, attended the opening of Launch Bay, tried out Club Disney at HS and danced with Mickey, attended the Illuminations Dessert Party (what a blast), saw the Osborne lights for the first and last time, went to Trader Sams twice (and got the Nautilus!), drank and ate our way through Epcot, toured resort decorations, tried out the Brewery at Boardwalk, and did everything else you would expect on a typical Disney vacation. And now I am taking an extra day off to rest, lol!

Wow. It's almost here.

Those that have completed your trips, how was it?
AMAZING!! Just got back Saturday.

Crowds and temps were great, CP was beautiful, MVMCP so fun (unfortunately that was the night with the worst weather, but we bundled up and carried on!) and the lights were out of this world amazing!!!! DH and I are currently discussing a long weekend (sans kids!) so see them one more time :)

Just got back from our Dec1st-8th trip.

Buses: Resort buses were great, 10 minute waits, the only big waits were when going from one park to another (such as hopping from MK to DHS). Even that wasn't "too" bad.

The Resort: We stayed All-Star Sports. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the food at the food court was good. DS has a nut allergy, though, and seemed to get hives every single time we ate there, even if he just ate grapes. Either there is something in the air there, or they aren't cleaning tables good enough? Not sure what's up with that. The Pop Warner crowds made NO difference in the parks, but lines at the resort food court and noise/pool crowds were tenfold once they checked in on the 4th. But, the majority of kids were polite and held doors for us, etc. Parents and coaches however were cursing at each other, their kids, cursing loudly on their phones, gathering in large groups in the way of others, and took their table and chairs from their rooms and set them up outside their doors (blocking pathways to our room). Very little supervision of the kids at the resorts. My room was in the back of Touchdown 10 bldg, so the noise in the common areas didn't affect us, but we did have a LOT of bus/vehicle/machine? noise coming from beyond the trees behind us at ALL hours of the day.

Parks: I followed EasyWDW crowd calendars and they were spot on. Most mornings felt like we had the parks to ourselves (like 90% of the Rope Drop crowds headed to the headliners, which we had FP+ for later in the day, so everything else was practically walk-on until 10am) . Once crowds picked up, we made use of FP+ kiosks after our initial 3 to get many more throughout the day. Of course headliners were mostly gone, but at AK/EP/DHS we were able to find plenty of FP+ later in the day. MK - nearly NOTHING left for FP+ after 4pm on party days, but we planned to leave at 5 anyway, but just sayin'. TIP: to visit Darth Vader/Chewy M&G at DHS, go about 45 minutes after Osborne Lights start. Waits were TEN minutes for each when we got there at that time. :)

I plan to do a more detailed trip report in the TR forum with pictures, after we unwind and unpack, but wanted to share that DS and I had a GREAT trip. DS did come home with a stomach virus (got sick halfway through our last park day, so we know he picked it up somewhere at Disney), so beware.

Anyway, hoping those who are heading there now have just as great a time!

Last edited:
So I know it's super late to the party, and I have a very short trip, but we just booked a one night trip to the World this afternoon! One of my bucket list items was to see the Osborne Lights (I'm a Christmas freak) and I thought it was never going to happen since they announced this was the last year, and we just had a trip down there in August, but we just decided we could swing a super short, one night trip!!!! My super amazing bf came up with the plan! :love: We are flying from NY early Saturday morning (the 19th) and flying back Sunday morning, staying one night at AoA (my first time there!). So pumped because we'll finally get to see the Osborne Lights, plus the new Star Wars fireworks, and since I just got the Disney Visa the Star Wars Imperial Meet 'n' Greet!!! :darth:

Anyway, just had to post because I'm so excited!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::santa::santa::santa:

So I know it's super late to the party, and I have a very short trip, but we just booked a one night trip to the World this afternoon! One of my bucket list items was to see the Osborne Lights (I'm a Christmas freak) and I thought it was never going to happen since they announced this was the last year, and we just had a trip down there in August, but we just decided we could swing a super short, one night trip!!!! My super amazing bf came up with the plan! :love: We are flying from NY early Saturday morning (the 19th) and flying back Sunday morning, staying one night at AoA (my first time there!). So pumped because we'll finally get to see the Osborne Lights, plus the new Star Wars fireworks, and since I just got the Disney Visa the Star Wars Imperial Meet 'n' Greet!!! :darth:

Anyway, just had to post because I'm so excited!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::santa::santa::santa:
Wow! One night only! Amazing!! Have fun! :woohoo:

How was Disney Quest, is it worth going? We leave next week and are thinking about going.

I don't think I would pay the price to get in if it wasn't included in my package. However, I LOVE that they have a digital animation academy variation there! My kids liked the jungle cruise and pirates rides/games. Otherwise, it is a big arcade with some neat game variations like four way air hockey. We stayed 3 hours, but only because of the animation academy, lol. The kids could have stayed much longer, however. It seems like a fine place for teens or older kids to go with dad while mom shops at Disney Springs.

We leave TOMMORROW! :cloud9::dancer:party:

We have to get up at 430 am to get to the airport. but it will be worth it. We'll b in MCO begore 10!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter