*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Yeah, some rooms in the building didn't have balconies. Not sure what the plan is for those after this opens but I imagine they will all still be rooms and still not have balconies. I don't believe it's relegated to a view, it's just some of the rooms.
No balcony or patio is pretty much a deal breaker for us. Do the original villas all have balconies or patios? What about the regular hotel side rooms in buildings other than BPK?

I'm trying resort studios in August. never stayed at GF, should I care what the view is? That building does not look like it has a parking lot view.

I'm trying resort studios in August. never stayed at GF, should I care what the view is? That building does not look like it has a parking lot view.
there won't be a true parking lot view from the building (maybe a few units on the end closer to the DVC pool could crane their neck to find a car off in the distance but that would involve looking past a pool or monorail so i assume that's not really your concern).

There are going to be some standard view rooms that have awkward views of an adjacent building, roofing, or similar non "premium" type views. There will also be standard views that would be more like a garden/pool view at other resorts. Since there is no category of "garden" or "pool" view that will probably be the greatest variance among the standard views. There are also going to be some studios that don't have full balconies (i think others in the boards have looked at the building plans and ID'd these

No balcony or patio is pretty much a deal breaker for us. Do the original villas all have balconies or patios? What about the regular hotel side rooms in buildings other than BPK?
I'm the same way since joining DVC. Several years ago, we decided to stay a few nights at POR for old time's sake. This time, not having a balcony really stood out.

I'm not much going to care if it has a balcony in August - sitting outside won't be happening - so the view might not be all too relevant either.

Disney has been pretty consistent in sending out notices of construction and stating that it would occur only between 9 AM (maybe 8 AM, no earlier) and 5 PM specifically to limit disruption to guests. But unfortunately there has to be construction noise at some time.

I haven't seen any reports of construction noise at BPK, but I don't follow GF closely - @mrsap , has the construction at BPK resulted in noise complaints at GF, so far as you're aware?
Wanted to follow up, there are a few reports of people who were there during construction if anyone is interested…HERE

Hope that helps!

Lagoon and theme park categories shouldn't have any bad views. There will be some standard view rooms that overlook the back of the Courtyard Pool Bar and some of the stair case of Boca Chica. No parking lot at all. The higher you go the more you see the grounds. Maybe request upper floor? Or better yet, "near main building?" That whole side should be fine.

Wife and I just bought into VGF2 and were able to get a favorite week (48) for a lake-view resort studio for the exact number of points we were planning on buying anyway, so we're pretty excited. We'll be staying there for the first time as new DVC owners in November (probably won't actually use our favorite week for the first few trips honestly). Just wanted to come say hi and express how excited we are.

Wife and I just bought into VGF2 and were able to get a favorite week (48) for a lake-view resort studio for the exact number of points we were planning on buying anyway, so we're pretty excited. We'll be staying there for the first time as new DVC owners in November (probably won't actually use our favorite week for the first few trips honestly). Just wanted to come say hi and express how excited we are.
Congratulation and welcome home neighbor!!

:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll add you to the owners list!

If Boca Chica closes for refurbishment, the only other outer building near the pool and BPK is really Sugarloaf (all club level). Conch Key would be slightly closer to BPK than Sago Cay, but even Sago Cay isn't that far of a walk. The original VGF building would be the furthest point from Sago Cay and that should only be about a 5 minute walk at a normal pace. GF isn't really spread out.

Resort studios are bookable under cash now. Can your extended family check availability and switch to the VGF resort studio? They would be getting brand new GF rooms and still have the normal housekeeping cycle.
I am heading in for a short two night trip June 21-23 and yesterday was able to book Resort Studio-Lagoon View with Points. Will be interesting to see if they are done in time or if they will move me over to the Original Villas building.

Video Tour of a 3 Bedroom Grand Villa (Suite 1201)

On a very recent business trip to central Florida, I decided to book a quick two night stay at a DVC resort instead of staying at a traditional business hotel. I used points to book a 1 Bedroom Suite at GF because that's all that was available for DVC during my stay. When I say all that was avaliable I mean ALL THAT WAS AVAILABLE with such short notice. Yes I realize it it probably not the best use or value for the points but I really wanted a fun place to chill while not in meetings..so I booked it.

I checked in before hand and when it sent me the text that my room was ready and I could unlock the door with my phone I proceeded down the hall to my room.

Keep in mind I am staying by myself. Lets just say when I opened the door I immediately reverted back to a 12 year old boy and had no idea what to do. I got hit with a bit of Disney Magic and they upgraded me to a Grand Villa!

Since I was by myself I though it may be the only chance to video this suite without clutter everywhere...like when I am with the family and friends. Hope y'all enjoy the video

3 Bedroom Grand Villa (Villas at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)

I was happy to change a one bedroom BWV to one at VGF for two nights in December today! It’s the only two nights DH could be with me, and he was not as happy with BWV as I was. After he leaves I will be at BWV with friends, so, we are both happy!

Hello! I am very late to this group, but so excited. We bought into VGF in 2015 and then again in 2017. We really want to add on now that they are expanding, but we shall see what the budget says. We have stayed in nearly every room type and love them all!

@Bdchili. We stayed at the 3 Bedroom Grand Villa last summer and it was AMAZING!!!

We have trips coming up in October 2021 and February 2022. Cannot wait to go back to our favorite resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter