*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

We just added on points at VGF yesterday (our other points are at RIV). I remember seeing it being built way back on one of my first trips to Disney World, in 1987 I think. I can't believe we have a contract there now and can't wait for the first visit!
:welcome:and Congrats! I already added you to the owners list!

Roof and Stairs Mostly Restored Amidst Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Construction

Refurbished resort studio rooms are under construction at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for Disney Vacation Club members. Areas of the resort have been closed and covered in scaffolding as the buildings are updated inside and out.

White tarps cover the top row of the scaffolding.

grand-flo-construction-11-scaled.jpg

grand-flo-construction-2-scaled.jpg

1653930186371.jpeg

1653930273848.jpeg

*Click link for additional pics/information

I'm sorry if this is the wrong area, but if i book a dvc studio, how can i know if its part of the original DVC building (with microwave, mini fridge, etc) or the Pine Key redo (with beverage station)?

If its all the same, can requesting a room in the original building with the mini-kitchen be almost guaranteed?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong area, but if i book a dvc studio, how can i know if its part of the original DVC building (with microwave, mini fridge, etc) or the Pine Key redo (with beverage station)?

If its all the same, can requesting a room in the original building with the mini-kitchen be almost guaranteed?
They are listed differently. One is listed as resort studio (big pine key) and the other is listed as deluxe studio (older ones).

They are separate room categories, so you can choose at time of booking. "Deluxe Studio" is in the original building, "Resort Studio" is in the BPK building.

They are separate room categories, so you can choose at time of booking. "Deluxe Studio" is in the original building, "Resort Studio" is in the BPK building.
Thanks for that clarity.
Thank you

For the new owners - have you gotten your dues bill yet? I closed in early April and I was expecting my dues bill to arrive already, but it hasn't come. I have a Feb UY; so I will definitely have to pay dues from early April onward. I just want to get it over with.

For the new owners - have you gotten your dues bill yet? I closed in early April and I was expecting my dues bill to arrive already, but it hasn't come. I have a Feb UY; so I will definitely have to pay dues from early April onward. I just want to get it over with.
I bought into VGF2 in April and haven't received a dues bill either. We have a March UY and I think our guide mentioned our dues will be prorated to start on June (when the new expansion officially opens?), but I may just be misremembering.

I bought into VGF2 in April and haven't received a dues bill either. We have a March UY and I think our guide mentioned our dues will be prorated to start on June (when the new expansion officially opens?), but I may just be misremembering.
That makes sense.

April 2022 Grand Floridian Resale Price Down 7.3%; Lowest Volume In Over 12 Months

Grand Floridian's median resale pricing decreased by $14 per point or 7.3% from $192 to $178 per point. Mixed into the April data are lingering sales with prices agreed before direct sales reopened. There is potential for Grand Floridian pricing to continue to move as buyers and sellers adjust for the new direct pricing. Pricing at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows saw decreases of $3 and $4 per point, likely also related to the reopening of direct sales at Grand Floridian.

Yes, your dues will be prorated based upon the later of UY or opening date. For those with UY that occur before opening, you will not be billed until after opening.

They won’t bill you until the resort opens officially as they will be prorated from that date.

Good morning everyone--I tried doing a search in this forum but didn't see the specific answer (perhaps it's still unknown?) but is check in for the new resort studios with the rest of the villas or is it in the main building? Also asking so that I know where to have our car service drop us off and pick us up. Does anyone know this yet or will it need to wait until after June 20th? Thank you so much!

Good morning everyone--I tried doing a search in this forum but didn't see the specific answer (perhaps it's still unknown?) but is check in for the new resort studios with the rest of the villas or is it in the main building? Also asking so that I know where to have our car service drop us off and pick us up. Does anyone know this yet or will it need to wait until after June 20th? Thank you so much!
A friend of mine stayed at the villas over Mem Day weekend and asked at check-in. The regular concierge CM wasn't sure, but the coordinator (whatever the managerial type person in the suit is called) answered and said BPK would check-in at the villa building. That's a lot of extra foot traffic and the parking over there is honestly further than the regular resort parking so IDK how accurate that is, but that's what he was told on 5/27. :confused3

A friend of mine stayed at the villas over Mem Day weekend and asked at check-in. The regular concierge CM wasn't sure, but the coordinator (whatever the managerial type person in the suit is called) answered and said BPK would check-in at the villa building. That's a lot of extra foot traffic and the parking over there is honestly further than the regular resort parking so IDK how accurate that is, but that's what he was told on 5/27. :confused3
Online check in will be much more important in that case so you can skip the counter.

Anyone know if the new Big Pine Key resort studios will have access to laundry in that building? Or will those staying there need to walk to the original villas. Thanks :-)

Anyone know if the new Big Pine Key resort studios will have access to laundry in that building? Or will those staying there need to walk to the original villas. Thanks :-)

I don’t think there has anything officially announced, but I can’t imagine there will not be a laundry room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter