The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

Sooner rather than later I hope! Now that Disney has reached an agreement with the Union on vaccinations, hopefully they'll move to start adding these things back. It will definitely lighten the demand for rides.

I seen something about them agreeing vaccine status with the union

how will that help get things back faster though

Genie+ only spits out the next available, just like paper FP worked....

everyone will book Test Track at 7am.....TT availability will "sellout" in short order like old paper Fast Passes used to so people make sure they get on it................

Once it's gone (or even just a late afternoon return time), they will move onto Soarin or Frozen and they will sell out

So what your saying is we can "reserve" TT for example at say 7:30AM for 5PM, and then immediately after that reserve Soarin for say 7PM?

Or Maybe have to wait an hour (8:30AM) and hope Soarin is still available?

Or do you have to literally ride TT at 5PM before you can select another attraction?

So what your saying is we can "reserve" TT for example at say 7:30AM for 5PM, and then immediately after that reserve Soarin for say 7PM?

Or do you have to literally ride TT at 5PM before you can select another attraction?
The way it's worded is you can only make another reservation after you have used your first one. I don't think many will pick something later in the day if they can only do Standby til then. I think most people will pick whatever is available at the time.

i doubt the extra paid attractions will stop u using genie plus or that will put a lot of people off getting genie Plus

i doubt the extra paid attractions will stop u using genie plus or that will put a lot of people off getting genie Plus
Also, if you have park hoppers, you can make the IAS passes for any park. I can't imagine that Disney wouldn't take your money and allow you to use G+ in MK in the morning because you purchased ROTR and Slinky for the evening.

Genie+ only spits out the next available, just like paper FP worked....

Thats not a rumor........This is how it will work

you dont have to believe it, but its true

If that's a fact, then we will be able to collect return times (FP's) from our phone-instead of taking everyone's park pass and walking up to each FP machine.

Regardless, it would also mean we could obtain multiple attraction return times like in the past with FP.

Unless as others have suggested-you need to ride one to obtain another.

If that's a fact, then we will be able to collect return times (FP's) from our phone-instead of taking everyone's park pass and walking up to each FP machine.

Regardless, it would also mean we could obtain multiple attraction return times like in the past with FP.

Unless as others have suggested-you need to ride one to obtain another.

View attachment 599392
I don't think you will be able to hold more then 1 at a time. On the Disney site it says you can only pick 1 at a time.

I don't think you will be able to hold more then 1 at a time. On the Disney site it says you can only pick 1 at a time.

I think that is correct, but technically those in the picture were selected one at a time as well.

They really just need to say either you can only hold one at a time, or you need to ride the attraction before you can select another, or you select another after a time window..

My main point was if somebody guarantees it will work the same as paper FP, then you can obtain more than one ahead of time.

No it will work like MaxPass which was the following:

Once you book your first ride (beginning at 7am) you can book your second ride 2 ways

1) AFTER you check into your first ride
2) either 90 or 120 mins (not determined which one yet) after you book your first ride

whatever comes first........

so for eg, i wake up at 7:15 and Soarin first available is 3pm, i book that and at 9:15am (120 mins later even though i haven't ridden) you can book a second (if theres any available)

No it will work like MaxPass which was the following:

Once you book your first ride (beginning at 7am) you can book your second ride 2 ways

1) AFTER you check into your first ride
2) either 90 or 120 mins (not determined which one yet) after you book your first ride

whatever comes first........

so for eg, i wake up at 7:15 and Soarin first available is 3pm, i book that and at 9:15am (120 mins later even though i haven't ridden) you can book a second (if theres any available)

While I don't think it's confirmed, I agree that it is very likely to work like MaxPass did and allow for another selection after a certain amount of time. This is only really useful when a return time is much later, so in practice fo rmost people, having one active at a time will be the norm.

My main point was if somebody guarantees it will work the same as paper FP, then you can obtain more than one ahead of time.

If they do allow you to pick up another reservation after a certain amount of time, you will be able to hold more than one at a time but it shouldn't be like the hoarding situation that was paper FP in that they aren't going to let you ignore the return times- that was key in getting a pocket full of paper FP's to use later in the day. If it does get abused, they'll put a fix that no doubt none of us will like. I think we'll have to wait to see more details before anyone will be able to figure out how to game it.

If they do allow you to pick up another reservation after a certain amount of time, you will be able to hold more than one at a time but it shouldn't be like the hoarding situation that was paper FP in that they aren't going to let you ignore the return times- that was key in getting a pocket full of paper FP's to use later in the day. If it does get abused, they'll put a fix that no doubt none of us will like. I think we'll have to wait to see more details before anyone will be able to figure out how to game it.
The real problem is there's not a lot of rides to choose from so they will likely sell out even before you get to your second choice, especially if you DONT book at 7am and/or rope drop

Unless genie+ is somehow attached to length of ticket, we'll likely just buy for some days of our trip. Then depending on our schedule might add one or two IAS options but chances are we'll be able to knock these out for free staying DVC doing ropedrops and pmEMH.

If they do allow you to pick up another reservation after a certain amount of time, you will be able to hold more than one at a time but it shouldn't be like the hoarding situation that was paper FP in that they aren't going to let you ignore the return times- that was key in getting a pocket full of paper FP's to use later in the day.

While that did happen, they clamped down on that.

If you look at those above, they have a return window and it states "not able to allow late returns".

While some CM's maybe kept allowing it, that's not what we did-so no problem if they keep that even tighter.

We simply chose to not stand in the lines until our window arose-the whole point of FP.

All that really did was allow our day/evening to be planned out, day of.

The real problem is there's not a lot of rides to choose from so they will likely sell out even before you get to your second choice, especially if you DONT book at 7am and/or rope drop

Agreed esp EPCOT. But what about MK/DHS.

If I end up with a 5PM Slink and maybe a 6PM or 7PM RNR or TOT or TSM or both/all later-I'm good with that.

If they allow this, to me we might get (AS AN EXAMPLE) and the day of the year obv.

7:10AM.....Slink 5PM (it will go quick IMO).

9:10AM......RNR 7PM (hers hoping on that one)

11:10AM...TSM or TOT 8:50PM (hers really hoping on that one). :worship:

Agreed esp EPCOT. But what about MK/DHS.

If I end up with a 5PM Slink and maybe a 6PM or 7PM RNR or TOT or TSM or both/all later-I'm good with that.

If they allow this, to me we might get (AS AN EXAMPLE) and the day of the year obv.

7:10AM.....Slink 5PM (it will go quick IMO).

9:10AM......RNR 7PM (hers hoping on that one)

11:10AM...TSM or TOT 8:50PM (hers really hoping on that one). :worship:
I don't think you will get Slink as from what is rumored it will be the one you have to pay extra for.

I'm not sure you will times for that late in the day at 9am. I have those feeling you won't be able to hold 3 reservations at one time for later in the day.

There is 2 ways this will most likely work. It's either going to be you can only have 1 at a time and can't get a 2nd one til you use the first.

Or it will be like Maxpass and you can get a 2nd one if your first one is more then 2 hours away. I don't think they will let you hold more then that. Keeping at 1 at a time it keeps availability high. People will very upset of they pay for Genie+ and by noon there is nothing left.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I am interpreting it as being only able to hold 1 at a time of the Genie+ ridges (can book if paying the $15.00 per day fee). You cannot book another one until the first is used. I believe though that you can pay for your 2 LL rides and that is a separate mechanism and will not affect your Genie+ rides. This means that at 7:00 am you could be holding 3 fastpasses if of course you were willing to pay for it! I am glad my trip isn't until January and there will be many reports between October (assuming the start) and January!

Perhaps I am wrong, but I am interpreting it as being only able to hold 1 at a time of the Genie+ ridges (can book if paying the $15.00 per day fee). You cannot book another one until the first is used. I believe though that you can pay for your 2 LL rides and that is a separate mechanism and will not affect your Genie+ rides. This means that at 7:00 am you could be holding 3 fastpasses if of course you were willing to pay for it! I am glad my trip isn't until January and there will be many reports between October (assuming the start) and January!

The problem with that is it penalizes people who dont go early (which most dont)

The problem with that is it penalizes people who dont go early (which most dont)

I don't think it's penalizing as much as it's just more advantageous to be there early. And with any system, there are some who the system won't work as well for as others. With paper FP, park hoppers were at a disadvantage because the best rides were always gone by evening. With FP+, off site guests were at a disadvantage because on site could book earlier. No system can possibly fit everyone and you just have to adjust and decide what your priorities are- sleeping in or getting the best chance at riding the top tier rides.

I don't like this system much, I like a guarantee of 3 rides and knowing before I leave home what they are and when. But we don't have that now so at least this is a system I can work with and adjust our style of touring the parks to fit it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter