• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

There’s someone posting that has gone through training and says the IAS (paid ride) is completely separate from Genie+ and they can both be done at the same time. Officially, Disney has not said that I know of.
This will make a difference for those that purchase genie+ then so there is a benefit there. You could rope drop Soarin/FEA with little wait, then have TT/Rat waiting for you.

Without the purchase you're rope dropping TT/Rat, and then waiting in line for soarin and FEA. I doubt it would save you any time at the park, but it would save you time waiting in line. I'm not sure it would be worth it for me but it would be worth it for some people.

There’s someone posting that has gone through training and says the IAS (paid ride) is completely separate from Genie+ and they can both be done at the same time. Officially, Disney has not said that I know of.

surly that would be the case as I think you can buy both IAS rides at the same time. If you book them in for late afternoon what’s the point in having genie plus you have lost most the day

do you think that will be the case during the 50th though
I think so, but at the same time if I were in the position you described I would probably just go for it too. I rarely spend afternoons in the park either and wait times are a lot longer then.

Personally, I'm waiting for Touring Plans to come out with their guide telling me how to approach this before I make my final decisions about which parts I purchase, lol. I'm tweaking my budget a lot by opting out of the dining plan this time and cutting down on days (cutting down on days means direct flights which are nice, especially during a pandemic :))

if you have a family of 5 then you will likely be paying $75 per day for your epcot and AK days for only 1 ride....but if thats worth it to you, then good luck, you are the people that Disney wants!

how do u work out I would only get one LL pass all day for those parks

Because Epcot only has 3 Genie+ rides to book and the other rides will be sold out when its your turn to book a second ride....

remember old paper FP?

so would it not be frozen, soarin, figment, living with the land, mission space, nemo, turtle talk, spaceship earth. Or are some of those rides not going to be on genie plus

Yes it will....thats been reported and not disputed, this is how it will work

It has not been officially announced that Genie+ will function exactly as paper FP did. We've had no word if the same windows will exist for picking up additional reservations. I hope it does, I expect it will, but I haven't seen an official announcement on it, have you?

Because Epcot only has 3 Genie+ rides to book and the other rides will be sold out when its your turn to book a second ride....

While there are only 3 top rides, with a good strategy, it will most likely be possible to get at least 2 of the 3 in, if not all 3 in a single day. That's my guess, but as to how long any rides will be available, it's pure conjecture at this point. We don't even know for sure which rides will be excluded at Epcot, although we can assume Remy will be and I think TT is probably a good bet, although it could be Frozen I suppose. Personally, make it TT for me- I don't like it at all, but Frozen is a must! :)

so would it not be frozen, soarin, figment, living with the land, mission space, nemo, turtle talk, spaceship earth. Or are some of those rides not going to be on genie plus
the only ones with waits (and people are willing to pay for ) are Soarin, Frozen, Spaceship earth

It has not been officially announced that Genie+ will function exactly as paper FP did. We've had no word if the same windows will exist for picking up additional reservations. I hope it does, I expect it will, but I haven't seen an official announcement on it, have you?

While there are only 3 top rides, with a good strategy, it will most likely be possible to get at least 2 of the 3 in, if not all 3 in a single day. That's my guess, but as to how long any rides will be available, it's pure conjecture at this point. We don't even know for sure which rides will be excluded at Epcot, although we can assume Remy will be and I think TT is probably a good bet, although it could be Frozen I suppose. Personally, make it TT for me- I don't like it at all, but Frozen is a must! :)
its already been announced Remy is excluded

and dont forget Spaceship Earth is closing for refurb

All of those should be on Genie+, except I'm unclear as to what the 2nd IAS will be, I think we're just assuming it will be TT.

its already been announced Remy is excluded

and dont forget Spaceship Earth is closing for refurb

But have they announced the 2nd one? The good thing about Remy is you have the opportunity to get that via VQ, so it's definitely not a given you'd have to pay for it. I would assume it would work just like ROTH with 2 chances to get in the VQ.

All of those should be on Genie+, except I'm unclear as to what the 2nd IAS will be, I think we're just assuming it will be TT.

so do u think u will be able to have the two paid attractions booked and still be able to use genie plus before the start times of the genie plus rides

But have they announced the 2nd one? The good thing about Remy is you have the opportunity to get that via VQ, so it's definitely not a given you'd have to pay for it. I would assume it would work just like ROTH with 2 chances to get in the VQ.

lid you manage to get a VQ for remy could that not still be quite a long wait once your in the queue compared to LL for it

so do u think u will be able to have the two paid attractions booked and still be able to use genie plus before the start times of the genie plus rides

From the reports from someone who has gone through training on the system, yes. Having the 2 IAS's will have no effect on using Genie+.

lid you manage to get a VQ for remy could that not still be quite a long wait once your in the queue compared to LL for it

With ROTH, we had about a 45 minute wait in line once we entered the queue so I assume the wait will be longer. However, having never rode it, I want to see the queue at least once before I start skipping it for a shorter wait. I would imagine a lot of people will. I don't think the wait will be terribly long, we certainly aren't talking hours.

From the reports from someone who has gone through training on the system, yes. Having the 2 IAS's will have no effect on using Genie+.

im guessing the only thing it might do it blank out times for when your IAS ride is at

if the next available time on genie plus is when you have your IAS ride booked I wonder how that would work

With ROTH, we had about a 45 minute wait in line once we entered the queue so I assume the wait will be longer. However, having never rode it, I want to see the queue at least once before I start skipping it for a shorter wait. I would imagine a lot of people will. I don't think the wait will be terribly long, we certainly aren't talking hours.

doesn’t sound to bad. Not sure how long our one year olds will be happy staying in a line but hopefully toys in the queue will keep them happy😂 so it saves some $$$$

https://blogmickey.com/2021/08/rumo...aid-disney-genie-and-lightning-lane-services/
There is the rumored list of attractions.

Magic Kingdom

“it’s a small world”
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (*LL only)
Space Mountain (*LL only)
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid

EPCOT

Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Frozen Ever After
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (*LL only)
Soarin’ Around the World
Spaceship Earth
Test Track (*LL only)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Alien Swirling Saucers
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
MuppetVision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash (*LL only)
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (*LL only)
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom

Avatar Flight of Passage (*LL only)
DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris (*LL only)
Na’vi River Journey
The Animation Experience at Conservation Station

Last edited:
I am guessing at some point meeting characters and shows will be added to genie plus too 🤔

Sooner rather than later I hope! Now that Disney has reached an agreement with the Union on vaccinations, hopefully they'll move to start adding these things back. It will definitely lighten the demand for rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter