• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

Because the release said next available time. I don't think it will work with the kind of hour-long windows we've been used to. My feeling is that this is a way to cycle through the line -- I don't think the Genie+ stuff is a reservation as much as a placeholder.
Paper FP spit out the next available time and it was a window. I expect this will be the same way. I don’t think we’re going to get a specific, exact time. People have to have time to get to the ride, finish whatever it is they’re doing at the moment etc. it just won’t work that if you look at 9:44 the next available could be 9:45. It also spreads out the number of people arriving to ride. time,

Paper FP spit out the next available time and it was a window. I expect this will be the same way. I don’t think we’re going to get a specific, exact time. People have to have time to get to the ride, finish whatever it is they’re doing at the moment etc. it just won’t work that if you look at 9:44 the next available could be 9:45. It also spreads out the number of people arriving to ride. time,
Genie+ only spits out the next available, just like paper FP worked....

The problem with this system is the same problem they had with paper FP (low capacity and few rides so they sell out early)

for eg. in Epcot,

When Genie+ opens next month, Remy and TT will be paid FP (or whatever it's called) and NOT part of Genie+.........That leaves Soarin, Frozen and Spaceship earth as part of Genie+

everyone will book Test Track at 7am.....TT availability will "sellout" in short order like old paper Fast Passes used to so people make sure they get on it................

Once it's gone (or even just a late afternoon return time), they will move onto Soarin or Frozen and they will sell out

So once you are able to book your second ride, theres a good chance only thing left will be spaceship earth but that standby time is only 20 mins so why did you buy Genie+ to begin with?

Will never work

Last edited:

The problem with this system is the same problem they had with paper FP (low capacity and few rides so they sell out early)

for eg. in Epcot,

When Genie+ opens next month, Remy and TT will be paid FP (or whatever it's called) and NOT part of Genie+.........That leaves Soarin, Frozen nd Spaceship earth as part of Genie+

everyone will book Test Track at 7am.....TT availability will "sellout" in short order like old paper Fast Passes used to so people make sure they get on it................

Once it's gone (or even just a late afternoon return time), they will move onto Soarin or Frozen and they will sell out

So once you are able to book your second ride, theres a good chance only thing left will be spaceship earth but that standby time is only 20 mins so why did you buy Genie+ to begin with?

Will never work

This. The bigger problem they refuse to fix...you cant have a successful free or paid fastpass system until you have enough rides that need it. Magic Kingdom is the only place this ever worked well for this exact reason.

for eg. in Epcot,

When Genie+ opens next month, Remy and TT will be paid FP (or whatever it's called) and NOT part of Genie+.........That leaves Soarin, Frozen nd Spaceship earth as part of Genie+

Will never work

is there not a few other rides than just those three, figment, living with the land, mission space, nemo etc

Last edited:

Do you know this for sure or just an educated guess? Honest question as I'm not nearly as educated in these types of things as others here.

This is my worry. What makes it worse is not knowing whether or not buying G+ will be worth it until you are already in the park. You are basically buying a lotto ticket for shorter waits on tier 2 rides.

Do you know this for sure or just an educated guess? Honest question as I'm not nearly as educated in these types of things as others here.

This is my worry. What makes it worse is not knowing whether or not buying G+ will be worth it until you are already in the park. You are basically buying a lotto ticket for shorter waits on tier 2 rides.

This is whats been reported

for eg. in Epcot,

Will never work

Have they announced which ride will be a IAS other than we assume Remy is a definite?

Regardless, I think Genie probably works best with park hoppers. For us, it really won’t matter whether Epcot is worth it because we’ll be using Genie in another park as well. But as a resort guest, I’ll have access to the first half hour as well as being able to book that first LL reservation before I enter the park- something that according to reports, isn’t going to be available to off site guests. We could easily get in the most popular 2 rides quickly, then book another that should still have early availability. Along with that, we’ll have EMHs at least once during a trip that should allow me to ride them all- giving us the chance to ride our favorites multiple times. And honestly, if I can skip standing in line even 20 minutes, I’ll do it.

But yes, Epcot has always been a challenge. The question is, is it worth it to someone to pay $15 to skip what are always long lines at 2-3 rides. For me it would be. If it’s not to a lot of people, then all the better fir those who do buy- availability will last longer.

Really? you would pay to ride those?

and they also have low wait times, so no need for Genie+

Well People will still get fast passes or what ever you want to call it for those rides. I understand they might not be as good rides / worth paying For to you as the others but people will still get LL passes for them

for me personally I’m from uk and when we go for two weeks in May 2022 for our twin one year old girls we will just purchase the genie plus for the whole stay as I’ll already spending 12k as it is so if I can get wait times down on any ride it’s worth it to us and to keep our wee girls not waiting in queues as long

however if I was local and was at the parks much more often I totally get why those rides would not be worth paying for

I guess it depends on your circumstances

for eg. in Epcot,

Will never work
There's so much information I'm sure I passed over this somewhere, but I assumed you would be able to book a paid LL return time in conjunction with LL from genie+.

It's confirmed that won't be possible? I agree, that would definitely be an issue in Epcot. There would be very little benefit purchasing it there if that's the case.

Have they announced which ride will be a IAS other than we assume Remy is a definite?

Regardless, I think Genie probably works best with park hoppers. For us, it really won’t matter whether Epcot is worth it because we’ll be using Genie in another park as well. But as a resort guest, I’ll have access to the first half hour as well as being able to book that first LL reservation before I enter the park- something that according to reports, isn’t going to be available to off site guests. We could easily get in the most popular 2 rides quickly, then book another that should still have early availability. Along with that, we’ll have EMHs at least once during a trip that should allow me to ride them all- giving us the chance to ride our favorites multiple times. And honestly, if I can skip standing in line even 20 minutes, I’ll do it.

But yes, Epcot has always been a challenge. The question is, is it worth it to someone to pay $15 to skip what are always long lines at 2-3 rides. For me it would be. If it’s not to a lot of people, then all the better fir those who do buy- availability will last longer.

Remy and TT are the 2 in Epcot and one of those will drop when GoG opens

the first half hour Genie+ will not be available, even for resort guests but you should obviously get on 1 ride then

resorts guests can pay for 2 LL at 7am and non resort cannot until park open, but they will be expensive, $100 per ride for a family of 5, so $200 more for the 2 rides, plus $15 pp for Genie+, another $75 so now it's $275 more per day for a family of 5 to ride and if you do 5 park days, that's an additional $1,375 for your trip

There will be plenty of availability of the paid LL, even for non resort guests at park open with the possible exception of ROTR so no real incentive for resort guests

There's so much information I'm sure I passed over this somewhere, but I assumed you would be able to book a paid LL return time in conjunction with LL from genie+.

It's confirmed that won't be possible? I agree, that would definitely be an issue in Epcot. There would be very little benefit purchasing it there if that's the case.

There’s someone posting that has gone through training and says the IAS (paid ride) is completely separate from Genie+ and they can both be done at the same time. Officially, Disney has not said that I know of.

Well People will still get fast passes or what ever you want to call it for those rides. I understand they might not be as good rides / worth paying For to you as the others but people will still get LL passes for them

for me personally I’m from uk and when we go for two weeks in May 2022 for our twin one year old girls we will just purchase the genie plus for the whole stay as I’ll already spending 12k as it is so if I can get wait times down on any ride it’s worth it to us and to keep our wee girls not waiting in queues as long

however if I was local and was at the parks much more often I totally get why those rides would not be worth paying for

Unless you are going during Christmas or a really busy time of year though, those rides are basically a walk on (often it's still a walk on at those times as well if you are going in the morning or evening). If nemo says its a 5, 10, 15 or 20min wait it all feels the same to me because you are just walking through the line without pausing until you board.

Last edited:

if you have a family of 5 then you will likely be paying $75 per day for your epcot and AK days for only 1 ride....but if thats worth it to you, then good luck, you are the people that Disney wants!

Unless you are going during Christmas or a really busy time of year though, those rides are basically a walk on (often it's still a walk on at those times as well if you are going in the morningor evening). If nemo says its a 5, 10, 15 or 20min wait it all feels the same to me because you are just walking through the line without pausing until you board.

do you think that will be the case during the 50th though

Remy and TT are the 2 in Epcot and one of those will drop when GoG opens

the first half hour Genie+ will not be available, even for resort guests but you should obviously get on 1 ride then

resorts guests can pay for 2 LL at 7am and non resort cannot until park open, but they will be expensive, $100 per ride for a family of 5, so $200 more for the 2 rides, plus $15 pp for Genie+, another $75 so now it's $275 more per day for a family of 5 to ride and if you do 5 park days, that's an additional $1,375 for your trip

There will be plenty of availability of the paid LL, even for non resort guests at park open with the possible exception of ROTR so no real incentive for resort guests

Where are you getting your specific information from? Because as far as I know Disney has not confirmed which rides will be IAS’s ( other than SDMT) nor how much they will cost. And while I assume Genie+ won’t be used during EE or EMH, they haven’t actually announced that either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter