THE RETURN of THE WHATLEYS MAY 21-30. Our trip is done, now time for the TR :(

Dana, welcome home. I can't wait to read your trip report. So glad to see that you were able to meet some DIS members -- it is such fun. I'm sorry that Dallas is sick. And Dale's mom will be in our thoughts and prayers. As a breast cancer survivor, I know how scary this is. :hug:.

Thank you Kathy. I promise I will start a TR soon. I took Dallas to the doctor yesterday and she seems to think he has hand, foot and mouth disease. He felt better last night so I am hoping it has run it's course. Thank you for keeping my MIL in your prayers; I know she is scared, but she has a good doctor so I'm hopeful things will be fine.

:flower3: Welcome home Dana! So sorry to read about Dale's mom. I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hate that Dallas' is sick too. What a bummer. Hope he gets to feeling better.

Thanks Deanna :goodvibes. It was nice to get home, but now I'm ready to go back...:rotfl:. Thanks on Dale's mom too. I'm hoping they can come up with a plan to get all the cancer on the first round. All prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks on Dallas too :hug:. He is feeling a little better this morning. He started complaining that his neck was hurting last night, and, as a nurse, I start thinking meningitis which can be a complication of hand, foot and mouth disease, viral meningitis, but still scary.

Dana- I'm so sorry for the bad news about Dale's mom! I hope Dallas feels better soon, too.
I'm glad you had fun on your trip & I'm really looking forward to your report.

Thank you April :hug:. Thank God she had her annual mammogram because that is what found it. I can't stress enough how important mammograms are for woman and I believe they should start at age 30. I have a friend, also a nurse, who, while travel nursing, felt something in both of her breast one night when she turned over on her stomach. She said it felt like she was lying on golf balls. She called her OB and he told her to come in as soon as she got back in town. Two weeks later she came home and the MRI showed lumps in both of her breast the size of baseballs. They had grown that big that fast. She had to have a bilateral mastectomy. Stacey is only 35 and she had the surgery 3 years ago. She is now cancer free, but had she been able to have mammograms every year the lumps may have been caught early. OK sorry for preaching....:rotfl2:.

Dallas is feeling better, in fact he just requested hot dogs for lunch :goodvibes. I am going to try and get my TR started either tonight or tomorrow.

Welcome home Dana! I hope Dallas gets well soon, and Dale's MIL and your family are in my prayers right now.

Thank you Megan :goodvibes. Dallas is feeling better :cool1::banana::yay::woohoo:. Dale's mom needs all the prayers she can get. We are hopeful the tests she has to have will show limited invasion, and that surgery and some chemo will do the job.

Dana,
I hope Dallas is feeling better today!
and we will certaintly keep Dale's mom in our prayers...I know how scary it can be when you hear of your parents being sick. Daddy still swears he is not in remission (he says he just feels it---I hope he is just feeling sorry for himself and very wrong)...
try and have a great day! :sunny:
:hug: Connie

Hi Dana! Sorry to hear about Dale's Mom. I know cancer can be very scary. Joe's Dad just had his 6 month scan and he is cancer free, in fact the scar tissue has decreased a little. I hope the same for your MIL.

That sucks about Dallas. Lindsey had hand, foot & mouth when she was a toddler. It goes away pretty quickly. I hope he doesn't have a rough go of it and is feeling better soon.

You know you don't have to wait until you have a question to call. I love chatting! :banana: Talk to you soon my friend!:hug:

Leanne

Dana,
I hope Dallas is feeling better today!
and we will certaintly keep Dale's mom in our prayers...I know how scary it can be when you hear of your parents being sick. Daddy still swears he is not in remission (he says he just feels it---I hope he is just feeling sorry for himself and very wrong)...
try and have a great day! :sunny:
:hug: Connie

Thank you Connie :goodvibes. Dallas is feeling better today, in fact he asked if we could have tacos for dinner. So tacos it is....:lmao:.

Thanks about Dale's mom. The prayers are appreciated. I hope your dad is wrong too, it is hard to see someone you love going through anything bad.

The day has been better since Dallas is feeling much better :goodvibes.

Sorry to hear about Dale's mom, Dana. I'll be sure to say a prayer for her. Hopefully the tests will show that the cancer is not widespread. :hug:

Glad Dallas is feeling better! :)

Hi Dana! Sorry to hear about Dale's Mom. I know cancer can be very scary. Joe's Dad just had his 6 month scan and he is cancer free, in fact the scar tissue has decreased a little. I hope the same for your MIL.

That sucks about Dallas. Lindsey had hand, foot & mouth when she was a toddler. It goes away pretty quickly. I hope he doesn't have a rough go of it and is feeling better soon.

You know you don't have to wait until you have a question to call. I love chatting! :banana: Talk to you soon my friend!:hug:

Leanne

Thank you Leanne. I hate it for Dale because he doesn't handle stress very well. I'm glad to hear that Joe's dad is cancer free :goodvibes. Any time someone is diagnosed with cancer we automatically think the worst. Now, with all the advances in medicine, the cure rates are much better than they were just a very short time ago.

This is Dallas' first go around with hand, foot and mouth disease. He seems to be much better today so I guess he is over the worst part.

I enjoyed our chat the other night too :goodvibes. After we got off the phone Dale says "Do you think you kept her on the phone long enough?" I told him "No, I would have talked longer, but you kept interrupting me."............:lmao:

Sorry to hear about Dale's mom, Dana. I'll be sure to say a prayer for her. Hopefully the tests will show that the cancer is not widespread. :hug:

Glad Dallas is feeling better! :)

Thank you Michelle. I hope the tests are a little more positive.

Thanks on Dallas. Now that he feels better I'm much better :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Hey Lady!! Happy hump day!!! I'm in the beginning process of printing out transfers, if I can get them. I hope I don't have to wait until Chris comes home this weekend to do these suckers. Don't worry, I'll post pictures as soon as I can!!! :) Glad Dallas is better, I think Amanda might be right, with him being Homeschooled, his immune system doesn't get the school bound diseases, and build up the immunities. It always seems to be him that gets sick!!! Anyways, good luck to your MIL, she'll be fine, my Aunt had breast cancer a few years ago, and she's doing very well. She had a double masectomy, and reconstruction, implants, the whole bit. So you're right, with all the advances in medicine, things will turn out just fine, it's just getting to the fine point that's rough sometimes.

I hope Dallas is on the mend!
Praying for Dale's Mom-I am doing the Breast Cancer Walk in Nov-past tie for a cure!
Thats a cool shiny new ticker you got there :)
I started my TR-come by when you can

Dana, I'm praying for you and your family! I'm glad Dallas is feeling better. I hope Dale's Mom's test results show that her cancer isn't too bad.

I'm so glad I got to meet you and your family in Disney!

I'm glad you guys got home safely and that Dallas is feeling better. When my kids were smaller, one of them was sick on the day we were supposed to leave for about 3 years in a row!

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

I'm uploading pics right now, so I feel your pain! :lmao:

Hey Lady!! Happy hump day!!! I'm in the beginning process of printing out transfers, if I can get them. I hope I don't have to wait until Chris comes home this weekend to do these suckers. Don't worry, I'll post pictures as soon as I can!!! :) Glad Dallas is better, I think Amanda might be right, with him being Homeschooled, his immune system doesn't get the school bound diseases, and build up the immunities. It always seems to be him that gets sick!!! Anyways, good luck to your MIL, she'll be fine, my Aunt had breast cancer a few years ago, and she's doing very well. She had a double masectomy, and reconstruction, implants, the whole bit. So you're right, with all the advances in medicine, things will turn out just fine, it's just getting to the fine point that's rough sometimes.

Hey Christie :wave: I am so far behind on here I can't believe it :(. All last week I had Dallas to take care of along with getting post Disney stuff done and then I had to work the weekend so I have been bad about keeping up with my dising :guilty:.

Dallas is fine now so we got over hand, foot and mouth disease pretty good. I was starting to feel bad, but I got better.

I'm hoping Dale's mom does well. She had some tests at the end of last week, and she said they went well. I'm hoping the MRI goes well too.

I can't wait to see the shirts!!!!!

Praying for Dale's mom!! :hug: And very thankful that Dallas is feeling better! :goodvibes

Thank you Becky :hug:.

I hope Dallas is on the mend!
Praying for Dale's Mom-I am doing the Breast Cancer Walk in Nov-past tie for a cure!
Thats a cool shiny new ticker you got there :)
I started my TR-come by when you can

Thank you Mary, he is back to being Dallas again :goodvibes:banana:.
Thank you for the prayers, I hope when all the results come in it won't be too bad.
:woohoo: on the ticker. It is only going to be a quick trip, but it is Disney none the less :banana::cool1:.
I will be dropping by your TR ASAP :hug:. I sure wish we were still in Disney!!

Hey girl how are things on your end? how is Dallas feeling? thinking about you guys...
:wave: Connie

Hey Connie :wave:. Things are going pretty good. I had to work this past weekend so I haven't really had much time to catch up on my Dising :(. I'm just so glad Dallas is feeling better :banana::cool1::yay::woohoo:.

Dana, I'm praying for you and your family! I'm glad Dallas is feeling better. I hope Dale's Mom's test results show that her cancer isn't too bad.

I'm so glad I got to meet you and your family in Disney!

Thank you Alicia :goodvibes. All prayers are greatly appreciated.

I was so glad we got to meet you and your family too :goodvibes. It is amazing that, as big as Disney is, we ran into each other several times:thumbsup2.

I'm glad you guys got home safely and that Dallas is feeling better. When my kids were smaller, one of them was sick on the day we were supposed to leave for about 3 years in a row!

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

I'm uploading pics right now, so I feel your pain! :lmao:

Thanks B :hug:. I can't believe how one of us is always sick around our Disney trips :sad2:.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers; they are greatly appreciated.

I think I finally got all my pix loaded; I sure didn't know I took so many :eek:.

shirts are up on my PTR!! That's understandable, I've been busy getting READY to go!!! Next year, we're going May 16th thru the 19th I think, with Chris's niece. I'm hoping to book a bounceback, so I had to set the dates kinda firm before we went. Amanda's son will be 5, and her daughter, will be 1.5 good ages for their first trips!! :) It's Amanda's first trip too. Our great niece and nephew!!! WOW!! I'm SOOO not that old!!! :)

Hey Dana, Sorry I am just now getting around to posting. I think I'm still carlagged (you know....like jetlagged) since we didn't pull into our house until 2 a.m. Sunday morning.

It's good to hear that Dallas is feeling better. You guys seem to have the worst luck with catching something while at Disney.

You know that I'll be keeping Dale's mom in my prayers.

Dana!!! sorry I haven't been around in awhile i have been crazy busy! However I cannot wait to hear all about your trip:) I am so sorry about Dale's mom i will keep her in my prayers. I am glad Dallas is feeling better i feel so bad he got sick:( its not a disney trip without a sickness:) I also see a new ticker-- are you going in Sept? when and were? I wonder if any of our days will cross this time:) I was the same way you are as soon as i got back from my may trip i got more excited for my Sept trip! Which I cannot wait for:) I can't wait to here more! I hope you are having a good week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter