The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit I was not a Chapek fan at first. I have warmed up to him a bit though. Yes he isn't the best speaker and has some negatives but so does Bob Iger. No matter who you put in charge of parks they have to report to Chapek. I personally think Josh D'Amaro stays where he is. I think he's best in that role too at least for now. He has said a lot about putting an emphasis on making the cast feel appreciated. That becomes harder the higher you go up.

and having your largest group of CMs feeling attention/appreciation from the head of their parks during this time (especially of more layoffs come) will be even more important

I'd love to see Josh get that job some day but I think it is too soon now

Well this would be less optimistic than many were hoping for if true:

WDW Pro said:
Update:

August is now the company's internal target for reopening the domestic parks. Planning is underway for a televised, Disney + fireworks show for Independence Day, but would be without any significant physical audience, would involve closed roads, and would need permission from Florida. Epcot is still not planned to reopen with the rest of the parks and would lag by perhaps a month or so. Mandatory temperature checks would occur at each gate and resort entrance. Unlikely at this time that all resorts may open simultaneously - a plan internally titled Secure Circuit would see only MK resorts open with monorail service to MK and bus service to AK / DHS. This is the highest level health screening plan to attempt reopening with Florida and US government assistance. It would be temporary but could get things opened once more. No plans to reopen the water parks this summer. Temporarily expect to see directional arrows on the ground to direct foot traffic so that social distancing is easier. Dining modifications are still underway in the planning stage with tiered systems for gradually returning to normal when possible. Expect domestic parks to operate as regional entities rather than international destinations for the next year or so.

Also DVC is pretty booked out so I'm not sure how they can legally justify opening Monorail resorts and not BW, BC, OKW, SSR, AK-Kidani, Etc. These people have real estate contracts.

Book your value resort reservations now and hope for an upgrade to Grand Flo I guess.
I was teasing my sister that we were already splurging by doing Pop > All Star in November but wouldn’t it be fun if we got a mod/deluxe

I’m my mind I’ve been saying Aug opening temp checks limited opps and things slowly phasing back to 100% while probably keeping temp checks by spring/summer 2021

Maybe August is the "Full" reopening date... I don't know how that August date would work with DVC. They would have to let DVC members book rooms if any other part of the resort is open. Maybe they just open the 3 monorail resorts for a soft opening this summer and only DVC members at those hotels get access. Any developments on DVC guest recovery? They can't keep going the direction they are going now with out severely damaging DVC's reputation and profitability.

And there is the possibility of a Covid-19 rebound in the fall/winter. If that seems likely, an August opening for only a few months doesn’t make sense. We may be looking at Spring ‘21.

Last edited:

The issue is that 'social distancing' would be largely impractical in a theme park setting, and temperature checks in the Florida climate would cause difficulties in distinguishing between someone who is hot and someone who has COVID-19 symptoms. And even if the Parks reopen with such measures in mind, people will put off going until all the measures have been lifted and everything goes back to normal, particularly as people don't want their experiences ruined by such measures.

The experience as they describe it probably was never going to be sustainable after the initial rush of people who want to do it. Unless it was priced really really well.
If and when the "Star Wars" theme gets old they could change it over to Fhloston Paradise lol. I'd stay there

Is this now the 2nd or 3rd time Iger has tried to retire but has been "forced" to continue?

Last edited:
I somehow can't imagine Iger being forced to do anything. He is a very rich man. At this point it is a matter of ego and compulsion.

Is this now the 2nd or 3rd time Iger has tried to retire but has been "forced" to continue?
I don’t think Iger was forced here. Iger has tried to retire at least twice. 2013 and then prior to the fox deal but the fox deal made him stay on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter