The Running Thread - 2018

Completely off topic, but can any of you ultra-smart, computer hacker type people figure out (by permits being filed, race course being set, or however you smarter than me people do it!) when the #SiloDistrict Marathon is being held in May in Waco, TX? Someone on the boards (sorry, I don't remember who!:()mentioned that Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV's Fixer Upper are hosting a marathon in early May in Waco and now I am obsessed with wanting to run it. But seriously, shouldn't the date be released already for a race that soon? I have commented on their blog and tweeted them but am looking for other avenues, lol. :)

Paging resident hacker @Keels to the white courtesy phone

Last edited:
All I found was your comment on the blog! No competing marathons within 50 miles of Waco, TX during all of May either. But it did say "early May" and the second weekend of May is 12/13th. I'd qualify 12/13th as "Mid-May", so my money is on May 5th/6th (just a guess though).
My fingers are crossed for the first two weekends in May. My other weekends are already booked.

I don’t think I’ve posted in this year’s version of this thread. I’ve got a big goal for this year - I’m hoping to run my first full marathon in October! Registration for the event opens on Sunday, so I may be making it official soon! I’m a bit intimidated but overall super excited and know this is what I eventually want to do - so why not this year? It’s crazy how much things can change in the span of a couple years. I always said when I started running that I’d never do a marathon, but now I feel so strongly that I just have to do it at least once.

I’m considering starting a training journal soon to keep myself accountable. Would anyone be interested in following if I did?

I’m lucky that I can wear pretty much any brand. I just got to Marshall’s or TJ Maxx and pick up which ever ones are the most appealing color and price wise. I don’t really have a ton to squeeze in or support so it makes it easier.

I will not run in just a sports bra. I get enough attention as it is from people while out running. I do not want to encourage any more cat calls or honks

1. Ladies of the running thread, what type of running bra's do you find to work best? Brand or structure, ect...
I use the Enell brand! A bit pricey (like $60-70 each), but I'm telling ya, everything stays in place, and they last a long time. Used to get soreness/aching in the chest area on longer runs with the cheaper/less supportive bras I tried in the past. Sorry if TMI! :oops: But this sucker even withstood the marathon test! I am in the market for a new one, and just saw on their website that they have a new racerback style which would be great, b/c you can't really wear the regular type under a racerback tank (it's pretty full coverage and modest, which is just fine, but doesn't look right under certain tank tops). Maybe something to look into @SarahDisney? I find that it holds everything in but is very comfortable IMO!

Completely off topic, but can any of you ultra-smart, computer hacker type people figure out (by permits being filed, race course being set, or however you smarter than me people do it!) when the #SiloDistrict Marathon is being held in May in Waco, TX? Someone on the boards (sorry, I don't remember who!:()mentioned that Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV's Fixer Upper are hosting a marathon in early May in Waco and now I am obsessed with wanting to run it. But seriously, shouldn't the date be released already for a race that soon? I have commented on their blog and tweeted them but am looking for other avenues, lol. :)

I would be really wary of any first time race that is supposed to happen in 4 months where there is no information available. It's no easy thing to put on a race, and if they don't have anything out yet, I would question whether it's going to happen.

Paging resident hacker @Keels to the white courtesy phone

No hacker skillz needed just yet! They haven’t started planning logistics for it yet - I know they have consulted with the big race group up here as well as the Run the Brazos group in Waco but haven’t done much. It definitely won’t be the same weekend as Brazos Half.

If I had to guess, it will be first weekend in May just because there’s not a lot in the regional running calendar to compete with it.

No hacker skillz needed just yet! They haven’t started planning logistics for it yet - I know they have consulted with the big race group up here as well as the Run the Brazos group in Waco but haven’t done much. It definitely won’t be the same weekend as Brazos Half.

If I had to guess, it will be first weekend in May just because there’s not a lot in the regional running calendar to compete with it.

Thanks Keels! I will make tentative plans for that weekend. :)

I would be really wary of any first time race that is supposed to happen in 4 months where there is no information available. It's no easy thing to put on a race, and if they don't have anything out yet, I would question whether it's going to happen.

I get what you are saying. We would have fun visiting Waco regardless and it’s just a few hour drive from here so... yeah I’m a sucker for a race lol.

I don’t think I’ve posted in this year’s version of this thread. I’ve got a big goal for this year - I’m hoping to run my first full marathon in October! Registration for the event opens on Sunday, so I may be making it official soon! I’m a bit intimidated but overall super excited and know this is what I eventually want to do - so why not this year? It’s crazy how much things can change in the span of a couple years. I always said when I started running that I’d never do a marathon, but now I feel so strongly that I just have to do it at least once.

I’m considering starting a training journal soon to keep myself accountable. Would anyone be interested in following if I did?

I'd follow along!

Thanks Keels! I will make tentative plans for that weekend. :)

The important race is going to be the Marathon for ole Chip. This is the only existing Marathon course that has been USATF approved - but it goes through Baylor and not by Magnolia Market or the area where all of there stuff is, so I feel like they’re going to have to tweak the course.

The important race is going to be the Marathon for ole Chip. This is the only existing Marathon course that has been USATF approved - but it goes through Baylor and not by Magnolia Market or the area where all of there stuff is, so I feel like they’re going to have to tweak the course.

I follow Chip on Twitter and he has been referring to it as #SiloDistrictMarathon so I also feel like it will go thru there. :)

popcorn::

Yes!

Well I did this yesterday:

View attachment 297527

Congrats!!! Come join us in the Chicago thread. I'll add you to the list of people I'm going to see how far into my race I can get before you finish :)

ATTQOTD: I got nothing for the first question. As for the second question, I am a shirt on guy. One time while doing a track workout when it was blistering hot I took off my shirt. I kept repeating to myself, I am fine with this nobody cares anyway... After one lap my shirt was back on, I just couldn’t do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter