The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted a little higher than RIV with same point chart.

Even if Disney drops the current VGF pricing I don’t think they’ll will have any issues selling RIV and AUL at the same time. They all have their benefits and drawbacks.

AUL typically has some decent incentives, and may continue to get better as more is offered.

RIV had a high perceived value as it will continue to give you points until 2070. Of course resale restrictions and high dues are a bummer.

VGF’s Victorian style and high end perception is a draw to some. But the high point chart and 2064 expiration might be easy to sway most guests who know little about DVC to buy elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm surprised one of the options isn't - Same price and points as VGF1 Direct.

I guess "A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1" will do

In the new May report from the board sponsor, Poly and BLT are both in the 170s resale. Disney has always held the spread. I don’t see VGF pricing anywhere near RIV. Prepare for sticker shock.

If you check out the market site for DVC you have.

VGF Resale:
April Median $176
May Median $180

April Buyback $160
May Buyback $160

I can't imagine a $20 premium on VGF over its average resale price. Heck someone paid $220/point last month for VGF.

I sincerely hope the point charts for the new "resort studio" rooms will be 1 or 2 points less per night than the current studios. If they are they same or higher -- I have a bad feeling that the VGF1 studios will end up being preferred, which will end up putting even more pressure on getting those studios than before.

The best way to alleviate the studio pressure at VGF1 is to make the new VGF2 studios more attractive to owners. Otherwise, we're going to end up with a mess on our hands.

Did y'all see the Southwest Chase card offer for Jun 11? Spend $100, get 50,000 SW RR points!

I will still book my flights on Thursday but will need to figure out how to spend another $100 on Friday lol. Maybe cancel a flight and rebook if the price didn't change much.

can't you just buy a $100 SWA gift card (or amazon gift card)?

I sincerely hope the point charts for the new "resort studio" rooms will be 1 or 2 points less per night than the current studios. If they are they same or higher -- I have a bad feeling that the VGF1 studios will end up being preferred, which will end up putting even more pressure on getting those studios than before.

The best way to alleviate the studio pressure at VGF1 is to make the new VGF2 studios more attractive to owners. Otherwise, we're going to end up with a mess on our hands.
I agree, hoping this won't make the 1 BR harder to get as well. Sometimes I book Studios and sometimes 1BR. Kind of wish they would add 1&2 BR at least. I would possibly like to add more points there. Hope they don't mess it up. And please bring back the Orchestra!

I own at VGF. I'm curious why you think that VGF1 will be preferred over 2.

I'm assuming most of this sentiment is (beyond the lack of 1/2brs at vgf2, which duh that's an issue)

1) vgf2 is unknown, and people who own VGF probably know what they love and are afraid to lose what they paid a pretty penny for if availability gets rough
2) the standard monorail view/proximity is quite nice and I think doesn't translate to the new building so much (I may be wrong, I've only stayed dvc)
3) the dvc building is a bit secluded off to the side, and has it's own nice lobby, which I think people are fond of and may not be recreated in big pine
4) the point allocation of vgf2 is unknown, and people bought contracts based on use/availability at vgf1

Just what I seem to be seeing, not even necessarily how I feel, I'm sure I forgot a good reason or two, but that's what seems to be the general concern. And yeah, there may be "upside" in other people's eyes on the same issues. Some people may like being 1000 feet closer to morning coffee, or having a pool/garden type view.

I'm assuming most of this sentiment is (beyond the lack of 1/2brs at vgf2, which duh that's an issue)

1) vgf2 is unknown, and people who own VGF probably know what they love and are afraid to lose what they paid a pretty penny for if availability gets rough
2) the standard monorail view/proximity is quite nice and I think doesn't translate to the new building so much (I may be wrong, I've only stayed dvc)
3) the dvc building is a bit secluded off to the side, and has it's own nice lobby, which I think people are fond of and may not be recreated in big pine
4) the point allocation of vgf2 is unknown, and people bought contracts based on use/availability at vgf1

Just what I seem to be seeing, not even necessarily how I feel, I'm sure I forgot a good reason or two, but that's what seems to be the general concern. And yeah, there may be "upside" in other people's eyes on the same issues. Some people may like being 1000 feet closer to morning coffee, or having a pool/garden type view.
I guess one other note I forgot is since VGF is all lockoffs, more people vying for the bigger units will also screwup the allocation of people that used to reserve studios in the original building, so yeah there's also a math issue that will impact demand

I should also note, we have no clue how new owners will feel, as many of the new owners will be new buyers who never stayed dvc side. And some will buy fixed week contracts that will get tied to big pine rooms. So there are a lot of unknowns in whether or not demand will shift between one building or the other.

There’s also been theories that VGF2 Studios will be more points than VGF1 Studios because VGF2 Studios are larger.

Historically, the lower points-per-night Studios are the hardest to book.

You might end up with a scenario where a lot of VGF2 buyers end up trying to book Studios at VGF1

There’s also been theories that VGF2 Studios will be more points than VGF1 Studios because VGF2 Studios are larger.

Historically, the lower points-per-night Studios are the hardest to book.

You might end up with a scenario where a lot of VGF2 buyers end up trying to book Studios at VGF1
This is the only one I take a little issue with, because I feel like the point difference won't be all that much, keeping in mind that VGF studios already have a tough point chart that even exceeds Riviera, and will have to be justified by them presumably having enough extra sqft that it's at least noticeable and possibly making room for the well received Murphy beds. I may be wrong, maybe they'll go for 40 pts a night at Christmas and spring break, but I feel a bit like how much higher can they really go...

This is the only one I take a little issue with, because I feel like the point difference won't be all that much, keeping in mind that VGF studios already have a tough point chart that even exceeds Riviera, and will have to be justified by them presumably having enough extra sqft that it's at least noticeable and possibly making room for the well received Murphy beds. I may be wrong, maybe they'll go for 40 pts a night at Christmas and spring break, but I feel a bit like how much higher can they really go...
All that said, yeah, if there is even a one point difference the lower ones will sell first :-)

Hopefully the point chart is the same or slightly lower. Also would prefer that it was not all studios but they must have researched it. I am interested in adding on though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter