The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so...who's buying/what is your price limit? I own direct points at Riviera and would love a small direct contract (50-60) for a small studio trip at GFV during the fall timeframe every other year. At the size we are looking at, PPP isn't hugely impactful, but I don't think I'd buy if it opens at the current direct price

I'm going with slightly more expensive (I think within $5-10/pt) and a higher chart on those studios than the current studios.
Can they do that without creating a different room category? If it is part of the existing association and its a lake view studio, doesnt it have to be the same points?

Can they do that without creating a different room category? If it is part of the existing association and its a lake view studio, doesnt it have to be the same points?
Since VGF2 represents new points, I believe they can create whatever room categories they want.

Still, making VGF2 more points per night is going to cause headaches for existing VGF1 members. IMO, VGF1 members will really be screwed over if VGF2 rooms are more points per night.

They would just have to create a different room category. Really that would be simple to create, it just depends if they want to do it or not. But yeah, if they just call it a lake view studio it would have the same point requirements as the VGF1 studios do.

The more I read, the more it makes sense for VGF2 to open at the same price as Riviera and Aulani.
I am in the same mind frame as you on this. I think they will increase RIV base pricing but also increase RIV incentives. VGF will open at the same base price as RIV, but with a different incentive setup.

Yes it likely would be but many are looking at the different name of the accommodation and short build out time as a sign that it will be a different type of room and different category. Just have to wait and see. It is easier for DVC to keep things consistent.

I am in the same mind frame as you on this. I think they will increase RIV base pricing but also increase RIV incentives. VGF will open at the same base price as RIV, but with a different incentive setup.
My guess is VGF2, RIV, AUL will all be around $210 to $220 early next year, although each will have different incentives.

Yes it likely would be but many are looking at the different name of the accommodation and short build out time as a sign that it will be a different type of room and different category. Just have to wait and see. It is easier for DVC to keep things consistent.
Got it and that is what I thought. If DVC created a new room category for a new studio type that was more points that the ones at the existing VGF, and by default INCREASED demand on that small number of studios (at the current building) that would be a big ******* from DVC to the existing VGF owners.

They would just have to create a different room category. Really that would be simple to create, it just depends if they want to do it or not. But yeah, if they just call it a lake view studio it would have the same point requirements as the VGF1 studios do.

Is overlooking the pool a "standard" view? I think this points to at least a creation of a Pool View and Lake View being used at the new building. They can then set that Pool View how they would like for points possibly being closer to Lake View than it is Standard View.

You also are going to have rooms in the new building with likely a better view of MK than the old building as well.

I will be surprised if long term people prefer the old building more except for possibly having cheaper rooms. The question is if the new building is a big enough draw to outweigh the point difference (similar to Boardwalk View vs Garden/Pool vs Standard).

From New Building

From Old Building (all the rooms in this picture at the end of the building are Grand Villas if I am not mistaken so not Studios)

Last edited:
Is overlooking the pool a "standard" view? I think this points to at least a creation of a Pool View and Lake View being used at the new building. They can then set that Pool View how they would like for points possibly being closer to Lake View than it is Standard View.
Excellent point....might cause a lot of current VGF owners that rely on studios to be doing some add ons!
They could possibly create a 'theme park view" but that might be a stretch. However, there are not many rooms that could be a "pool view" with the current location of the pool bar, and least, not legitimately, but Pig Pine Key is going to produce a lot of lake view studios, putting more strain on the supply of standard view, Guess I better budget for an add on after all.

Last edited:
so...who's buying/what is your price limit? I own direct points at Riviera and would love a small direct contract (50-60) for a small studio trip at GFV during the fall timeframe every other year. At the size we are looking at, PPP isn't hugely impactful, but I don't think I'd buy if it opens at the current direct price
If they are below $200 per point, I’d seriously consider adding on, even though VGF is not high on my list as a home resort.

if they are the same as RIV, I just might, especially if incentives stacked with RIV. Though if the incentives stacked with new incentives for CCV (where I DO want to add more points), I think I’m in at that point. :-)

Thinking about it now, I wonder if this is why they called them a “resort” studio and not deluxe?

It simply allows them to price them at a different level as it would be a new category…so the resort studio is in Big Pine Key and the deluxe studio is in the original building..they could even still have different views as well Essentially setting up a total of 4 categories for studios at the entire resort.

Great way to keep in the same association but up the points since the rooms are bigger.

I will buy 200 points if they are around $200pp after incentives. I plan on selling my fairly recently purchased 175 point SSR contract and using that money towards the VGF points. Wife and I like the different Run Disney events so a studio for the two of us at VFG works out great. Then of course we take big family trips and we can do split stays in 1BR, or whatever we decide. My other thought is I feel really good about VGF points going up in value over the long term so I have flexibility moving forward after VGF2 sells out. If I buy it will be during the presale because that will be the very best price that direct will offer.

At AKV-Jambo, BCV, CCV, and BRV, overlooking the pool is the standard view.

At BWV and AKV-Kidani, a Standard View typically means you're looking at a parking lot. Same with RIV, I think.

At SSR, aren't Preferred rooms are more about location, less about view?

As I remember, there are only a handful of rooms at Big Pine Key that have a decent view of the courtyard pool. On that side of the building, most look onto the back of the pool bar or at another building. Something like this:

If they are below $200 per point, I’d seriously consider adding on, even though VGF is not high on my list as a home resort.
I was going to buy VGF resale, but if VGF2 comes in at about $210-$220 per point (where I think RIV & AUL will be next year), I'm buying direct.

But if VGF2 comes in higher than that, I'm sticking with resale.

Why the heck would someone buy VGF at (for example) $300pp when they can buy, for example, the Poly at $250pp? Heck, they can buy CCV at $225pp.

Disney needs to sell 100,000 VGF points per month. I just don't see them being close to that volume at $225pp or higher. I really do think $220pp is the limit for early 2022.

It seems unlikely Disney pulled VGF direct at $255pp because they plan to sell VGF2 for more. They were only selling about 2100 points per month at $255pp. Instead, I believe that once VGF2 was announced, Disney did not want to create a bunch of angry buyers who purchased at $255pp, only to have Disney come in later and sell for $35-$45pp less.

Disney was quick to pull VGF1 from direct sales once they made the VGF2 announcement. There's a reason for it.

Another thing to consider.

Disney can quickly increase the direct VGF2 price if the first month of sales is stronger than expected, but they absolutely do not want to drop the price if sales are weak.

That precedent would only discourage future DVC buyers. (“Did you know Disney dropped prices before?”)

No, Disney needs to start VGF2 at a price where sales are strong, and then work their way up from there.

It’s easy to increase price if early sales are strong. It’s a disaster if early sales are weak.

Note that this does not mean VGF2 will have the same incentives as RIV or AUL, only that their base prices will start off as the same.

Last edited:
Disney needs to sell 100,000 VGF points per month. I just don't see them being close to that volume at $225pp or higher. I really do think $220pp is the limit for early 2022.

Agree...margin for them on the renovation vs. having to sell after buying back via ROFR is night and day. Don't see how they don't lower the price direct with so many new points to sell

Another thing to consider.

Disney can quickly increase the direct VGF2 price if the first month of sales is stronger than expected, but they absolutely do not want to drop the price if sales are weak.

That precedent would only discourage future DVC buyers. (“Did you know Disney dropped prices before?”)

No, Disney needs to start VGF2 at a price where sales are strong, and then work their way up from there.

It’s easy to increase price if early sales are strong. It’s a disaster if early sales are weak.

Note that this does not mean VGF2 will have the same incentives as RIV or AUL, only that their base prices will start off as the same.

I can see that as a good strategy to the buyer. For example, RIV, AUL and. VGF all cost $220 but incentives will get you RIV for$195, AUL for $190.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter