The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see that as a good strategy to the buyer. For example, RIV, AUL and. VGF all cost $220 but incentives will get you RIV for$195, AUL for $190.
That’s what I’m thinking - same base price but different incentives.

So then VGF2’s opening price becomes a matter of where RIV and AUL base prices are when VGF2 is first offered for sale.

VGF2 might start with no incentives, making it effectively more than RIV and AUL, even if their base prices are all the same.

so...who's buying/what is your price limit? I own direct points at Riviera and would love a small direct contract (50-60) for a small studio trip at GFV during the fall timeframe every other year. At the size we are looking at, PPP isn't hugely impactful, but I don't think I'd buy if it opens at the current direct price

My goal is to buy 100 sleep around points resale (currently have an offer for Copper Creek in with Disney for ROFR) and then 150 points direct for the blue card. VGF is my first choice for direct so hopefully we can get them with VGF2 at around $200/point. I'm not sure I'd buy over Riviera if the price difference is quite substantial though even with Riviera's resale restrictions.

That’s what I’m thinking - same base price but different incentives.

So then VGF2’s opening price becomes a matter of where RIV and AUL base prices are when VGF2 is first offered for sale.

VGF2 might start with no incentives, making it effectively more than RIV and AUL, even if their base prices are all the same.
VGF2 will have some incentives when it opens as they always want to encourage larger point purchases. Those incentives may be less than RIV, but they will have something.

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but I am not seeing this kind of pricing. Inflation is not going away. People are spending at record rates. Prices for goods ( have you priced wood lately) are off the charts. The cost for Disney to rehab these units will be EXPENSIVE!
No way is Disney going to price these points anywhere near RIV pricing. I see opening prices AT LEAST near $255/pt. or higher, with incentives starting at 150 points. Maybe a $2-$3 discount.

VGF2 will have some incentives when it opens as they always want to encourage larger point purchases. Those incentives may be less than RIV, but they will have something.
When VGF originally opened for members to buy in there was no incentives at all. I paid $145 per point for 150 points. I’m not sure if they ever offered incentives for VGF.

The more I think about pricing, the more I think that this will be $250+ after incentives. If it's $225 or less I'm going to add more points as long as the points chart is the same/similar as now.

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but I am not seeing this kind of pricing. Inflation is not going away. People are spending at record rates. Prices for goods ( have you priced wood lately) are off the charts. The cost for Disney to rehab these units will be EXPENSIVE!
No way is Disney going to price these points anywhere near RIV pricing. I see opening prices AT LEAST near $255/pt. or higher, with incentives starting at 150 points. Maybe a $2-$3 discount.

I guess that is why this is so fun because some of us will be on target and some will be way off base. Young, new buyers who know very little about DVC are going to be hard to convince to pay an extra $7K to $8K more when the marketing will most certainly be that both resorts are worth it (and the more expensive one ends 6 years earlier). DVD won't care which way they go..but if the difference is too wide, RIV will win and then VGF will sit there longer than maybe they want it to.

Too bad we have to probably wait for a good 6 months to know!!!!! lol

Can they do that without creating a different room category? If it is part of the existing association and its a lake view studio, doesnt it have to be the same points?
The wording in the announcement seemed a bit strange in that they called it a resort studio rather than deluxe studio. That alone could make them be a different category even if the views are the same. Kind of like Value Studios vs Deluxe studios at AKV and the Hotel Rooms vs Studios at Aulani. All guesses of course.

DVD won't care which way they go..but if the difference is too wide, RIV will win and then VGF will sit there longer than maybe they want it to.

Too bad we have to probably wait for a good 6 months to know!!!!! lol
Which may not be a bad sales tactic. Yes, with 6 more months of this debate, who knows what the price might end up being….LOL

Will be interesting to see. I think their price will be 285 and incentives will be offered based on sales to bring cost down. I will not buy st that price point.

A few have written that VGF2 will start at $255pp or higher.

Who on this forum is ready to say that they will be a buyer at $255pp or higher?

A few have written that VGF2 will start at $255pp or higher.

Who on this forum is ready to say that they will be a buyer at $255pp or higher?
Ha! Not it. At least not for VGF2.
Build Reflections, and you have a taker here... ;-)

It is so interesting to see people who think Disney is into LOWERING their prices.... (especially on their flagship resort !) I wonder if they think Disney will offer annual passes for less than what they were selling them before too. $275 will be the opening price for VGF2, $255 with incentives. BWV dreaming & dvc lover 1970 have it right

It is so interesting to see people who think Disney is into LOWERING their prices.... (especially on their flagship resort !) I wonder if they think Disney will offer annual passes for less than what they were selling them before too. $275 will be the opening price for VGF2, $255 with incentives. BWV dreaming & dvc lover 1970 have it right
Does this mean you are planning to buy at $275pp?

Except they have shown in the past to have a new resort start lower than what they were selling.

IIRC it happened with the treehouses when they were added to SSR. The opening price was a reduction.

So this concept of adding to a sold out resort hasn’t happened except once. That $255 and all of the higher sold out resort prices are there to get people to choose an active selling resort

Now you will have RIV and VGF competing abs RIV won’t be close to selling out when this goes on sale. Studios only make It are harder sell since the original building is small and 1 and 2 bedrooms are not plenty

That doesn’t mean they won’t keep it the same but then why pull from sales now??

wasn't it taking VGF a long time to sell sold out points at the current price? IF thats the case it should be lower.

wasn't it taking VGF a long time to sell sold out points at the current price? IF thats the case it should be lower.
There were not many points to sell. Disney actively ROFR’d points if they had someone on the waitlist. Then they closed the waitlist.

There were not many points to sell. Disney actively ROFR’d points if they had someone on the waitlist. Then they closed the waitlist.
Disney could have got them selves more points to sell if they were thought it was worthwhile to do it. Just my guess

I mean they are having tons of trouble selling RIV right now at $201 a point with a fairly aggressive incentives based on larger point purchases. The idea that in 6 months they are going to raise direct prices 37% for VGF is absolute insanity. It would be different if RIV was close to selling out with record sales etc, but that’s not at all the case.

I'm looking to unload some VGF points. If VGF2 opens at $275, my resale at $180pp will look juicy. If they open at $210, I won't be able to sell my VGF at what I got them for. The reason RIV isn't selling is because of the resale restrictions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter