The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dodie, do you mind my asking what you paid pr pt direct from disney?

i thought vwl was sold out!! we love that place.:goodvibes

dodie, do you mind my asking what you paid pr pt direct from disney? i thought vwl was sold out!! we love that place.:goodvibes

I recently learned that Disney has an inventory of points for the sold-out resorts from time to time because they have been sold back to Disney.

The price per point was the same as for the current resorts they are selling and there were not the benefits of the current promotions which are associated with the resorts they are currently selling. However, to us, it was worth it to get the resort we wanted, to not have to wait around for a resale (after waiting so long to join) and, we didn't have to pay any closing costs with Disney, etc.

Edited to add that we also got the 2007 points as a "bonus."

I recently learned that Disney has an inventory of points for the sold-out resorts from time to time because they have been sold back to Disney.

The price per point was the same as for the current resorts they are selling and there were not the benefits of the current promotions which are associated with the resorts they are currently selling. However, to us, it was worth it to get the resort we wanted, to not have to wait around for a resale (after waiting so long to join) and, we didn't have to pay any closing costs with Disney, etc.

I understand totally how you feel. We tried to buy into VWL through resale, and when the contract was ROFR'd we bought what was currently offered, BWV but immediately added on 50 points at our beloved VWL!

Congratulations on your purchase!!
Bobbi:goodvibes

I also bought my VWL points from Disney. I wanted the same use year and I also got the entire year's worth of points because I purchased just before the beginning of my next use year! So I think I made out OK! I too waited and waited to get in to VWL. I also owned at BCV, but we have stayed there only once! Maybe in the future we may stay there for flower and garden. We'll see...:)

Not too much to say. I just noticed we were on page 2, and had gone 24 hours without a post :scared1: .

Just rambling here......I finished my bathroom. Took down wallpaper that I have hated for 11 years :laughing: . Fixed the walls (why do contractors allow them to put wallpaper on bare (un-primed) walls) :confused3 ??????????? and painted them a most beautiful (to me anyway) sage green.

Then I started collecting all the Wilderness Lodge prints and framed pictures that I had in the dining room and hung them in the bathroom. 11 in all. And then I got my Christmas tree, (you know the scraggly, small little guys that come in groups of 3) and placed it in the corner of the bathroom where the big bathtub is. I think it looks great! I get to feed our WL fetish and not have to let the whole world know how sick we are!!! And of course my Moose toothbrush holder fits in great now.

Thanks for letting me share my little secret with all of you!;)

I was wondering where everyone was! Must be the spring weather. Your bathroom sounds very peaceful! And..it's a good thing to let everyone know just how crazy we lodge lovers are! I'm heading out..hoping everyone else joins in with some news later...:hug:

My original purchase was 150 points at VWL thru Disney. They tried to sell us SSR, but I called my guide and told him that we'll look for a VWL resale instead. That's when he informed us that they had VWL points for sale. Go figure. We became happy VWL members.

I am wearing my Wilderness Lodge shirt today. It's the nice green one with long sleeves and the WL badge in front.

Has anyone stayed in one of the Honeymoon rooms at the WL? I'm not sure how many there are but they are CL. I was just wondering if any groupies (or lurkers) have stayed in one before and would care to share your experience. Any pics you have are appreciated too.

By having our wedding at WDW and spending loads of money and meeting our room block minimums, we get a free night in a Disney hotel and we picked the WL so that is the room we get. Of course I scheduled our free night at the lodge to be on a Saturday (so as not to waste dvc points on a weekend night ;) ) then on Sunday we move over to VWL in a 1BR for the rest of our trip. Any thoughts or experience on how a honeymoon room compares to a 1-BR villa?

Has anyone stayed in one of the Honeymoon rooms at the WL? I'm not sure how many there are but they are CL. I was just wondering if any groupies (or lurkers) have stayed in one before and would care to share your experience. Any pics you have are appreciated too.

By having our wedding at WDW and spending loads of money and meeting our room block minimums, we get a free night in a Disney hotel and we picked the WL so that is the room we get. Of course I scheduled our free night at the lodge to be on a Saturday (so as not to waste dvc points on a weekend night ;) ) then on Sunday we move over to VWL in a 1BR for the rest of our trip. Any thoughts or experience on how a honeymoon room compares to a 1-BR villa?

We did a honeymoon suite when we got married and got the same suite again for our 5th anniversary (this was when they were first doing CL, so we got to experience that). The honeymoon suite was really nice. The bathroom is HUGE with a really large jacuzzi tub (bigger than in the villas). The balconies are very private, as are the rooms. They're off by themselves so very quiet. The CL service was really nice. I know we had dessert and wine several nights while overlooking the lobby. I don't have any pictures I can post as we didn't have a digital camera back then (we're celebrating our 12th anniversary this year, so it's been awhile!;) )

A 1 bedroom villa is much larger, and of course has the kitchen and laundry. The honeymoon suite isn't really like a villa, just a nice room with a huge bed and fabulous bath suite - no living room, etc. I think you'll enjoy the honeymoon suite with CL and then be really happy in your 1 bedroom, too.

Congratulations!!!!

Had our first official DVC stay (at VWL) last week, and just got home yesterday, and WOW.!! We loved this place.
We will have our first official DVC stay at our home resort (AKV) in early September, but - we already are in love with the VWL, and WILL be back there sometime soon. This is a GREAT RESORT!
Wow, wow, wow!

Well then..you must consider joining the VWL groupies! We love new members! Grab a moose and join in!! Welcome Home!!:cheer2:

We did a honeymoon suite when we got married and got the same suite again for our 5th anniversary (this was when they were first doing CL, so we got to experience that). The honeymoon suite was really nice. The bathroom is HUGE with a really large jacuzzi tub (bigger than in the villas). The balconies are very private, as are the rooms. They're off by themselves so very quiet. The CL service was really nice. I know we had dessert and wine several nights while overlooking the lobby. I don't have any pictures I can post as we didn't have a digital camera back then (we're celebrating our 12th anniversary this year, so it's been awhile!;) )

A 1 bedroom villa is much larger, and of course has the kitchen and laundry. The honeymoon suite isn't really like a villa, just a nice room with a huge bed and fabulous bath suite - no living room, etc. I think you'll enjoy the honeymoon suite with CL and then be really happy in your 1 bedroom, too.

Congratulations!!!!

Thanks. I figured the 1BR would be bigger than the Honeymoon suite. And both will be definite upgrades from the BWV studio we will have for the first part of our trip. I can't wait to try out the jacuzzi tub and the CL service!!

Had our first official DVC stay (at VWL) last week, and just got home yesterday, and WOW.!! We loved this place.
We will have our first official DVC stay at our home resort (AKV) in early September, but - we already are in love with the VWL, and WILL be back there sometime soon. This is a GREAT RESORT!
Wow, wow, wow!

Welcome Budahman. Just because you own at AKV doesn't mean you can't be a groupie. As a very wise person once told me, a love of the Lodge is what its all about.

Our first DVC trip as owners will not be until Jan at our home resort (VWL) if you didn't know by my siggie. When I hear people in awe, it makes the wait almost unbearable. But soooooo worth it.

Our last trip I saw a snake and a mouse, actually is wasn't a mouse it was a rat but I think I know why we may have a new resident cat over at the Villas. Hopefully Lodgeloafer will take care of Mickey's freeloading relatives.

Last August while on the Jungle Cruise I thought I saw a domestic cat playing by some boulders, our guide didn't say anything so I waited until we were unloading and ask him, "Did you see that cat?" he said "Yes Disney has brought in a few to help keep the pest/rodents under control." They just don't explain why they are there to the public.

Over at Animial Kingdom on the safari's when the guides tell you the names of every animal and bird on the serengeti they never say a word about the hundreds of Big Buzzards that have taken up residence at the park.

LodgeLoafer is a working cat! My 'working cats' used to think they earned brownie points with me by bringing in their live catch and meowing quite loudly announcing "dinner". Oy. The feral one, Lucy, taught my house cat that trick. I think they finally understand, no, I won't eat your catch!

IslandMouse, will you be spending your wedding night at WL?
You are going to have such a beautiful wedding. I hope you don't mind posting your wedding photos on the internet! And what about the bride-to-be, does she love Disney as much as you do?:love:

And I see we have a new Groupie! Welcome Budahman!
Your siggy looks very very lonely. It could use a MOOSE!!!

IslandMouse, will you be spending your wedding night at WL?
You are going to have such a beautiful wedding. I hope you don't mind posting your wedding photos on the internet! And what about the bride-to-be, does she love Disney as much as you do?:love:

Muushka,

We are staying in our BWV studio the night of our wedding. We get married on a thursday and we make the big move over to the WL on Saturday, then to VWL on sunday. I will post a few wedding pics when the time comes. We just hit the 6 month mark til our wedding this past week. Its amazing to think it was a year ago that we decided on a Disney wedding. My fiance loves Disney just as much as I do. She did the WDW college program in '06 and worked as a front desk CM at WL. Its definitely a special place to the both of us. Love for Disney runs in both of our families so a wedding at WDW was an obvious choice for us. :thumbsup2

IslandMouse that sounds so wonderful! I'm sure you will have a long and happy magical life together! Relish the planning along the way! Will await the big day and some photos to share with us groupies!:cloud9:

Muushka,

We are staying in our BWV studio the night of our wedding. We get married on a thursday and we make the big move over to the WL on Saturday, then to VWL on sunday. I will post a few wedding pics when the time comes. We just hit the 6 month mark til our wedding this past week. Its amazing to think it was a year ago that we decided on a Disney wedding. My fiance loves Disney just as much as I do. She did the WDW college program in '06 and worked as a front desk CM at WL. Its definitely a special place to the both of us. Love for Disney runs in both of our families so a wedding at WDW was an obvious choice for us. :thumbsup2

What a dork I am. I remember you told us about you and your bride-to-be's love for WDW! Sorry, I forgot.:sad2:

Sounds wonderful. When my husband and I got married we did not realize we loved Disney. It was something that grew over time. And we lived in S FL at the time!!! We would have done it much much differently!!:cloud9:

Good Morning Groupies! Just sitting here, catching up, taking in my Cup o Joe and fixing to head off to start another day:surfweb: (mainly trying to bump usback up to the 1st page;) )

I've been working all weekend but just checking in.........

Muushka ! Your bathroom sounds terrific. And I know what you mean about how wallpaper can destroy walls!!!

Budahman ~
welcome11.gif
HOME !

moose_in_a_swamp_small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter